Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 1 Beta,08/04/1995 (read post #100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
    Just another question, why do you guys always assume he paid lots of money for this when he didn't say so in the first place? For all we know, the person who gave Robert his copy of the game could have stolen it. I'm not saying he did, as we don't know for sure. But it seems people here like assuming things that aren't actually known for certain. Hell, he could have lied and said he paid lots of money for the beta when in reality he stole it or acquired it illegally through pirating. Again, not accusing him or anyone here. I'm just spewing out possibilities.

Like I said, I'm no expert regarding this subject. But for all we know, illegal copies of certain betas could infact be floating around the black market, no?

Also toys are different from owning a digital backup of something. If someone gave me a digital copy of something, I would not feel bad for releasing it to strangers. But hey, that's me.
    Yeah, it's a general assumption. The way most betas get shared is that one person pays the other something between three and four figures, depending on how rare the beta is and how unusual and the like, or swaps it for something equally valuable. It's unusual, but not entirely impossible, to get something for cheap or even for free.

The problem with simply going, 'I'll just share it, it's only digital information' does have issues. It's cool that you'd want to do it, but what about the guy you got it off? Many collectors will stipulate that you can't dump it to the general public because it will make other copies of the game worthless, including the ones they invariably own themselves. They trust you to keep your word and then you turn around and shaft them. Would you honestly not feel bad about essentially taking a few hundred or thousand bucks out of the pocket of the guy you got it from? Because that's why Kendo isn't releasing this stuff.

The second part is no one will ever trust you again,ever. So by dumping something like this you'll never get a crack at any other betas, such as 1.5. If I'm honest, if I was in the beta scene, I'd be gathering betas from everywhere simply to trade for 1.5 and wouldn't be willing to give away those bargaining chips.

Comment

• Originally posted by psx-collector View Post

Where did you find him? Is he still trying to get rare stuff for free?
      Yeah he is ! He insulted Robert_Kendo (Tyrant) at the German Community. And only registered in REB to get Betas for free. He thought all people would share rare betas there for free !
      Last edited by Alfred; 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM.
      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Just a friendly warning, that dredging up shit from other forums can earn a ban here. The rule is to check all baggage at the door.

And since I've been silent on the matter. Robert, keep up the good work
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
          Yeah he is ! He insulted Robert_Kendo (Tyrant) at the German Community. And only registered in REB to get Betas for free. He thought all people would share rare betas there for free ! But like i said, he was only an ashole !
          As others have said, we don't appreciate people signing up and then bringing their forum drama from another site to this site. Keep your issues with a member on the appropriate forum and please do not bring it here.

Comment

• ok,dont talk about other problems here,lets talk again about this game..

New viewable stuff:

click here to view

Comment

• Most locations virtually is no different from the final version, are only slightly brighter.

thanks for showing.

I'd like a classic RESIDENT EVIL (PSX), only, and nothing more.

Comment

• some of the rooms are identical with the final game and other rooms got many differences....i like the differences!!

Comment

• Me too.
                  sigpic
                  www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

• thanks..maybe i find some new stuff in the future....

Comment

• Nice pics, Robert.

I think that the final locations look more scarier.
                      However, I like the beta Dining Room more than the final.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
                        thanks..maybe i find some new stuff in the future....
                        maybe you'll get a hold of 1.5?you'll never know.
                        sigpic
                        www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

• ^Amen to that.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good work Robert, thanks for sharing those informations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                              As others have said, we don't appreciate people signing up and then bringing their forum drama from another site to this site. Keep your issues with a member on the appropriate forum and please do not bring it here.
                              i know about thus rule. i only posted it here because psx_collector asked

Comment

• Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
                                maybe you'll get a hold of 1.5?you'll never know.
                                Last edited by Alfred; 11-03-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X