Question about RE 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about RE 5

I have a quick question about RE 5!!! I read in some walkthroughts that you can "auto-run"

Auto Run: If you hold down the Left Thumbstick by pressing it
    slightly harder, you won't need to press A or X, freeing your right thumb up to
    use the right thumbstick to view the surroundings

I tried doing what it says, but it won't work; do you need a specific type of control ( type A, B , C, D ). How hard do you have to hold it , or any extra you have to do?

I don't think that's true.

Comment

Actually, you can.

If you press down the thumbstick (the same way you'd press any other button), you can feel a little "click." On a 360 controller, this is know as just the LS Button, while on the PS3 it's called L3 Button.

If you move the stick while keeping this button pressed, you'll run in the same way you'll run if you hold the A/X Button pressed while moving the stick.

Comment

That sounds more awkward than pressing "A" but at least it's there I guess they ran out on the actions-buttons ratio . . .
        sigpic

Comment

just like calof duty, it is quite unconfortable

Comment

I have no problems pressing down the stick (I always do it and I enjoy the freedom it offers for me to sweep the camera around). I also had no problems with it being sprint in certain other games (or crouch for that matter. I always use hold instead of toggle.)

Comment

If you move the stick while keeping this button pressed, you'll run in the same way you'll run if you hold the A/X Button pressed while moving the stick.
              Having played the game a million times i'm embarrassed to not know about that Though that sounds really awkward, and you still can't free aim so it's still kind of pointless to be able to run without holding a button ..

Comment

I'm a camera control freak in games.
                I sweep the camera everywhere. I can pretty much play certain types of games with my eyes closed (or off-screen) as long as I've first got a tiny form for overview of the gameplay area and situation. Either I'm just very good with 3D space or I picked up some 1337 skillz in the early 3D days -- when camera handling was seemingly unheard of... maybe even a mixture of both

Comment

Working...
                X