No announcement yet.

RE 1.5 Images: What does this do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy with its current/official translation?
    (which does have its moment of Engrish, but nothing incomprehensibly bad)

Comment

PSX Multi Converter is fully translated the PSX Multi Player isn't though both the apps are on the same webpage so that might of confused you, I don't know.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Ah. You're indeed right. Only MC's available in English.

Comment

What in the hell are these?

Are these even real? Where are they from?
          If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

The first looks like Lisa Trevor's Diary, and the second like the Written Invitation file from RE 15 Minutes Trial.

The game images isn't from RE2 scenarios?
            Last edited by Davi Redfield; 08-05-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I can't exactly recall - so I'm most likely incorrect on this, but that fourth image - in the screenshot I think that was named as a fake 1.5 screen over at Bioflames ages ago.

Those files should be from the RE1 trial version, I think there was also a hacked PSX version where some of the trial ones were put back in or at the very least the backgrounds if I recall correctly.
              Last edited by Enetirnel; 08-05-2010, 09:29 PM.
              sigpic
              Non-blurry Signature Version
              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

The two diary style ones are bits of plot that got edited out of the origional RE. They obviously got put back in during Remake, and were part of Trevor's Diaries in the True Story Behind Biohazard. Odd, though. They were never translated to english in the game itself as far as I know...got scrapped before translation began.

The others were faked screen shots of the RE2 beta. I'm pretty sure they were confirmed as fake as well. One of Colvin's schemes, my brain says, but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  The two diary style ones are bits of plot that got edited out of the origional RE. They obviously got put back in during Remake, and were part of Trevor's Diaries in the True Story Behind Biohazard. Odd, though. They were never translated to english in the game itself as far as I know...got scrapped before translation began.

The others were faked screen shots of the RE2 beta. I'm pretty sure they were confirmed as fake as well. One of Colvin's schemes, my brain says, but I may be wrong.
                  Yeah, unless they're from that modified one of Director's Cut floating around (which also has the censored FMVs replaced with the coloured uncensored ones, and the other files have had their background images replaced with ones taken from the trial version OR one of the RE1 versions that had data remaining from said trial... from what I recall after looking at it quite a while ago - was rather glitchy but worked mostly).

It was a shame they removed them from the original game though.

Thanks DM, now that I think about it... I'm quite sure it was one of Colvin's one's if I recall it was that "he had a friend that had sent him screenshots" or something which were confirmed to be simply manipulated normal backgrounds from RE2.

(XD I'm too lazy and/or not really in the mood to re-read Bioflames completely again).
                  sigpic

Comment

The two Bleem! shots dates back all the way to "TRG" (The-Right-Game).

This is basically the thing that for the longest time was called "Biohazard 2 Beta v1"
                    (hence the v2/v3 name for the other one we all know and love. The v3 change to v2 was proposed by some of us, since the name was not only inaccurately stupid, but since there were at least two distinct eras in BH2's troubled development that came after 1.5 and before "v2")

In later/recent years, we've kinda entertained the idea that the so called "v1" shots was probably someone's (back then) elaborate photoshop hoax... There are many more of those shots (quite a lot showing the RPD, some of the streets, etc.) and, no, Colvin had nothing to do with these (other than being one of the people who've fought for the camp of people who believe it to be a real and not some old photoshop adventure)

Comment

• Thanks Carn for clearing that up.
                      sigpic

Comment

• i found another pictures of the musicplayer of resident evil 1.5:

sorry for my late post.

Comment

• Music player? It's not a music player...

From left to right, top to bottom.

- Unknown, possible item box design or puzzle piece.
                          - Presumed PC type used for saving the game.
                          - Puzzle PC.
                          - Puzzle PC's or just background pieces.
                          - Supposed item box as implied once by Curator.
                          - Puzzle console.
                          - PC's. One of them probably for saving the game.
                          sigpic

Comment

• There are computers all over the place in Resident Evil 1.5. As Alzaire said, they were most likely used for saving the game. And it made more sense too. In the first game, you were in a fancy mansion, so it made sense to have typewriters, but in the modern city environment of 1.5, it made more sense to have computers to save the game. Sadly, this concept was scrapped along with the modern-city environment.
                            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• I remember that a tipewriter wasn't a strange thing back in 1998. Even in a modern city environment.
                              Last edited by Davi Redfield; 08-11-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
                                I remember that a tipewriter wasn't a strange thing back in 1998. Even in a modern city environment.
                                Of course they weren't. But by then, the computer industry had really taken off, and computers were very common. I think the typewriter fit very well for the mansion. But since you were all over the city in 1.5, I feel computers made more sense. And it was certainly different and original for the sequel.
                                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                                X