Silicone NEMESIS mask WIP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicone NEMESIS mask WIP...

Been awhile since ive actually posted here, but anyways ive always been a huge mask enthusiest and have always wanted an awesome Nemesis mask/bust. Seeing the crappy one out there i decided to finally take the step to making an extremely high quaility silicone mask.

Now for those that don't know the difference between a silicone and latex mask, here it is:

Latex Mask:

-made from a natural material
    -will yellow in sunlight
    -has to remain stuffed to keep shape
    -will rot over time from skin sweat and the fact that its natural material.

Silicone MasK:

-Will never rot, as its all man made
    -never loses its shape, you can ball it up for a year and will be fine
    -paint won't chip as the only way to paint silicone is pigment it
    -can stretch up to ten times is normal size, there is no back cut, you just stretch it over you head
    -moves with your face naturally and doesn't really get hot.
    -extremely life like as silicone is used as prosthetic skin

not to mention the movie prop nemesis suit was made from silicone

Here is a video showing a silicone mask in action.

Here is a new video of our latest Zombie mask and brand new invention called Choppers Teeth. Both items are now available for Halloween. www.spfxmasks.com

Sculpt wise i am doing the movie version of nemesis, as they stayed true to the game look and really it is a very awesome sculpt. Here are some pics of the actual movie suit on display in a private collectors collection.

Now what i will be doing will not include the upper body tentacles as for two reasons. Silicone is very heavy for a mask. Nemesis's body suit for the movie weighed over 200lbs because of that. Also the tentacles wouldn't really allow you to wear normal clothes and i would be forced to do the entire suit....and im not that rich as silicone cost about 120 a gallon. Im working out a deal with Composite effects. Im going to sculpt it and then send it to them for making the mold and the silicone work. The teeth and gums i will cast up in resin myself and they will be glued on seperatly like the film version (see the seperate teeth stuck on the clay sculpture) I have no idea how well facial and mouth movement will come out on this, but it will make an awesome display none the less.

So far im just focusing on getting the teeh/gums done. The two pics below are about an hour of fooling around and the basic shape is done. Have to file the teeth and finer details before i'll start doing any molding.

I will keep this thread updated throughout the next 2 months.

Andy
    Last edited by thedarkone; 08-11-2010, 08:11 PM.

This looks amazing!

Comment

OMG, how awesome!

Comment

I cant wait to see the final result! Ive always wanted a Nemesis mask but they are so expensive!. Do you make masks as a career then or is it just a hobby?

Comment

This will technically be the first mask ive made. Ive sculpted alot of smaller things like star wars props etc, but nothing as large as this.

Comment

Heres an example of my small scale sculpting. This was the toy biz Mr. X and i sculpted on alot of detail and bulk to make a maquette of the T-0400TP outbreak tyrant. Never did finish him or add claws.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkone View Post
              Heres an example of my small scale sculpting. This was the toy biz Mr. X and i sculpted on alot of detail and bulk to make a maquette of the T-0400TP outbreak tyrant. Never did finish him or add claws.

Thats great!, Its a shame you didn't finish him, he looks awsome.

Comment

yeah i may go back to him one day. This is before i worked with resins and silicones and did everything with supersculpey. If anything i may just make a mold of this and make a resin statue to finish.

As for an update on the mask, im in a little bind. CFX doesn't like doing partial commissions as they have no idea how well my sculpt will work with there materials. so im on the look at a few other silicone mask makers right now. If worse comes to worse, i'll just make a thick foam filled latex bust.

Comment

UPDATE time. this has been really slow and haven't done any sculpting but that may not be nessesary now. I contacted Wayne the guy who sculpted the nemesis in the vid below, and he has offered me a foam/urethane master copy that i can remold to make it into a silicone bust. The real good news about this, is its based of the video game look.

Clay sculpt of Nemesis from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis game and Resident Evil: Apocalypse Movie. Sculpted in clay, will be cast in latex for a Mask

Comment

Neat. Gotta love it when people are nice about stuff like that.

By the way, just an advance heads up; don't worry about double-posting in this thread. Knock yourself out and do as you please with the updates in here

Comment

Amazing stuff dude

Comment

thanks guys, and yeah i really didn't expect him to say yes to offering me the mold or a copy of it. But that takes a huge amount of stress and time off my shoulders. Now my biggest issue if finding someone who can cast a set of teeth/gums in dental acrylic that i can add on to it.

Oh, and this is no longer going to be a wearable mask. Ive being doing alot of thinking and the sheer asthetics of it are mind blowing. mainly the nemesis doesn't have a nose and being silicone is skin tight you would have to have nostrils to breath. The actor that played the nemesis breathed through small mouth holes just long enough for shots to be completed. So i figure a bust would be better and it would look alot more realistic without the mask look.

Andy

Comment

Where did you get this images of this Nemesis unfinish whit white skin?
                          Can you seend me some good images of it?
                          Halle-Hellion@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X