Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets speculate about Resident Evil Portable. What happened to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    And what does that useless response supposed to mean?
    Last edited by 5 Minutes; 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Because it's pretty easy to 'not care' about a game that seems to have never existed, with the only glimpse of it being a title that flashed on a screen, and be 'more focused' on a brand new game for a brand new 3D handheld platform that has a full trailer to go along with it.

One is more concrete than the other. Which do you think it is?

Comment

Okay, that is true and that clearly is the case (here), but that doesn't hold true for everyone/thing. Sometimes, only a hint at something's existence or development can result in more care as it provokes curiousity and hype. Specifically, for something that fans have been longing for and they might think (could this be it?!) *coughjill'sdeath/maskedwomancough*

You still didn't address the question though, I was asking about the useless pic in response to my statement you quoted. But nevermind, weirdness.

Comment

My first thought when I saw Resident Evil Revelations was, that WAS Resident Evil Portable, they just decided to move it over to the new 3DS. Nintendo was ready to move up from the DS to the 3DS, and the PSP just wasn't doing well, from what I saw. I have nothing against the PSP. The PSP was a really nice system with a lot of cool features, but the quality of the games for it sucked in my opinion. And not only that, there wasn't enough games. And at the Walmart I work in, the PSP had a very small section. Just 3 shelves of games. While the DS had a whole cabinet. I never liked any of the PSP games that were released. It was nice that Final Fantasy Tactics got a port, but it was not worth it for the few extra features, and the short battery life, I could enjoy the original game a lot more on my TV at home. And the Megaman X remake, I just thought it was totally un-necessary. I also thought Megaman Powered Up was un-necessary, especially when Capcom actually remade the first Megaman game a long time ago on The Wily Wars, which was on the Sega Channel.

Sphyon Filter, Twisted Metal, the God of War port, there was just no "oomph" for the PSP. I think Capcom made a better move moving it to the 3DS, but I still wish we got a more "Outbreak-like" title. Another Chris and Jill adventure doesn't thrill me, considering I feel they ruined the main story so much, that I would much rather have a cooler side game, like Outbreak.
          Last edited by RetroRain; 07-31-2010, 04:01 PM.
          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

RE: Portable has nary a title screen showing that it exists.
            RE: Revelations has a short trailer.

There's nowhere near enough information to say that one became the other, but with Capcom's history or reusing and recycling assets, I wouldn't at all be suprised if RE: Portable was reworked to become RE: Revelations.
            sigpic

Comment

But wasn't RE Portable supposed to take place in Raccoon City? I think there were such news or rumors when the game was announced.

Comment

It was entirely based on the image they released. Looked like it took place in an Urban Enviroment, and most people guessed Raccoon City.

Comment

if we dont hear news on TGS then i guess its dead..

Comment

I didnt want to make a thread for this so I thought Id ask here. Does anyone own a Psp and could tell me if you can purchase Resident Evil 2 and 3 from the Ps3 store and download it to your Psp? Ever since I played Resident Evil Deadly Silence I've wanted to play Re 2 and 3 on a handheld console. I'm aware you can get your Psp online but can you download these two games? I dont want to run out and buy a Psp only to find this cant be done.

Comment

In a word, yes. All you need is a USB cable for the PSP. Connect it to your PS3, put your PSP in USB mode, select any PS1 game from the PS3's XMB menu, press triangle and select 'copy' and the game will be copied onto the memory stick of the PSP. It's really one of the system's best features that not enough people know about. It's great to play PS1 classics on the go.

Or, you could just access the PS Store from your PSP. That'll work too.
                      Last edited by Vector; 08-19-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                        I didnt want to make a thread for this so I thought Id ask here. Does anyone own a Psp and could tell me if you can purchase Resident Evil 2 and 3 from the Ps3 store and download it to your Psp? Ever since I played Resident Evil Deadly Silence I've wanted to play Re 2 and 3 on a handheld console. I'm aware you can get your Psp online but can you download these two games? I dont want to run out and buy a Psp only to find this cant be done.
                        Yes you can. I don't have a PS3 but a friend of mine has bought the classics and he plays them on both systems transfering the games between PSP & PS3 by using the USB Connection...
                        LINK

EDIT: Oh man CR29 beat me to it...
                        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-19-2010, 11:48 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Nice, I was hoping it would be good news. Thanks guys. Do I get this Usb cable free with a Psp? Or do I have to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                            Nice, I was hoping it would be good news. Thanks guys. Do I get this Usb cable free with a Psp? Or do I have to buy one.
                            You would have to buy one, though there could be the possibility that you could already have something with the same cable (which is what happened to myself). The cables' aren't very expensive, just a pain in the ass that Sony didn't include it.
                            sigpic
                            Non-blurry Signature Version
                            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                              You would have to buy one, though there could be the possibility that you could already have something with the same cable (which is what happened to myself). The cables' aren't very expensive, just a pain in the ass that Sony didn't include it.
                              Thanks. Got a few different ones laying round the house. Will try them first. Cheers!

Comment

You need the same cable that connects the PS3 controller to to the PS3. If you have your hands on a PS3 you should be able to connect the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X