Resident Evil 4 Testmap Beta with unknown feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 Testmap Beta with unknown feature

Resident Evil 4 Testmap Beta with unknown feature!

Name of the Beta: Resident Evil 4 Trial Test Map Beta
    Date: 08.17.2004
    Playable areas:
    00 / 00-1
    01 /01-1
    05 /05-1/05-2
    08 /08-1
    0a /0a-1
    1a /1a-1
    1d
    1e /1e-1

Specialities:
    This beta was merely for testing purpose, as most of the maps don't have enemies and also the items still don't have a description. It's also possible to play this beta as the normal US RE4 preview, if you choose the function "E3 Ver. ON" in the debug menu. If you don't choose to do that, you have access to several maps which you can explore. This version also contains the, up until now, unknown "Discount-Feature", which allows you to get a discount on the items bought from the merchant! The model of the merchant is not present in the beta; it's possible that he was still in development. Furthermore, the beta has some little differences, e.g. different sounds when entering certain rooms or different texts when looking and portraits and so on...
    Anything else, you'll find out watching these videos:

The Merchant Discount Feature:

Videos:

Here you can see all items from a RE 4 Beta!And NO,its not a hacked version!!!Its another version,a real beta with more unused and unseen stuff like test map...

Here you can see the playable areas of this re 4 test map beta..Runs very slow,because i got a bad grapic card!!sorry!!

Here you can see the playable areas of this re 4 test map beta..Runs very slow,because i got a bad grapic card!!sorry!!

Here you can see the unknown and unused Re 4 Merchant Doscount Feature
    Last edited by Robert_Kendo; 08-11-2010, 07:03 AM.

Nice work. Is that a new file? 'Epidemic in ?"
    Last edited by TheBatMan; 08-11-2010, 02:12 PM.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I can see how this version was scrapped, I can't imagine all those watermarks going well with the gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
        Nice work. Is that a new file? 'Epidemic in ?"
        Almost sure that blurry text reads "Epidemic of Influenza"

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
        I can see how this version was scrapped, I can't imagine all those watermarks going well with the gameplay.
        Dude! Seriously! I almost spit friggin' soda on my laptop when I read that. Don't ever do that again!

Comment

ha ha ha..very funny...omg..
          if you dont like,dont watch

Comment

So obviously this file cannot actually be accessed and read then?
            "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

you mean the file "Public Notice"??
              If yes;its not possible to read this file,cause you cant open it if its in your inventory..you will find the file inside a tree too

Comment

That's a shame, thanks for the find anyway
                "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

no problem...i am really interested to know whats written on this document...If i remember right ,it exist a document called public notice in the retail game,or?

Comment

Don't think so. Just the alert order regarding Leon's arrival. Definitely nothing public about an 'Epidemic of Influenza.' Most interesting. A shame as there have been some excellent finds with the Bio1 trial disc
                    "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Hm,but the Title Epidemic of Influenza.' sounds very interesting...I am not sure if there is maybe a leftover texture of this file on the disc..I havent found this document on the files..damned

Last edited by Robert_Kendo; 08-11-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Shame on me for not dropping this link here in my previous post, fortunately, Dot50Cal reminded me of this (and promptly ordered me to post it):

Part 3: Hacking the Trials -Biohazard 4 Trial Edition- Debug Changes

Comment

I remember seeing the Alert Order glitched behind the tree in the farm on the retail version.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

yes,kevstah,thats right..in the retil version you see it glitchted under the tree,in this version this file is inside the tree,but impossible to open.

@carnivol: what do you want to say with this link??

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
                              @carnivol: what do you want to say with this link??
                              Well, the main point was to just highlight that you're not exactly breaking much new ground right now. Keep in mind what I told you about the RE4 trial hacking feature and how it was partly made possible via a set of builds similar to the one you're posting pics of there (didn't we already cover this on MSN?), as it enabled us to figure out how to simply trigger the debugger in any version of RE4. A lot of stuff was compared up against the two to ensure that we'd squeeze as much as possible out and managed to trace the origin of everything. Pretty sure we covered the one that's tied to the Public Notice graphics too. (Don't remember off the top of my head whether that was 3 or 4 in the Japanese demo, but if you activate debug in the BH4 demo, you can probably quickly check to be sure.)

(+Any leftover scraps from various files and such that we were able to scourge out from the different versions have long since been translated and posted online... so pretty sure that was covered... or... well... I guess it's always a possibility that we might still have some junk we never posted. Not really in a position to confirm nor deny that right now.)

By the way, did you buy a capturing card for your PC? It's nice to see proper screenshots that aren't taken with a camera

Comment

Working...
                              X