X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New IGN RE:Afterlife BTS Promo

Here's the link to the video:

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/85...0.html?show=hi

I have to say I'm looking forward to the film (Although I know a lot of you would call that blasphemous). Its looking better than the previews and that scene with Claire and the Executioner at the end of the clip looks great.

And even if you hate the movies:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by atlier00; 08-16-2010, 02:37 PM.

Honestly? Each movie has a few moments of awesome, but when the rest of the movie isn't that great...

But it's not blasphemous. Demanding we praise Anderson as a god of movie writting would result in your swift and terrible doom. People do like the movies. Otherwise they wouldn't make unholy sums of cash. I, personally, think they're terrible. Just as I think Twilight is terrible, and for much the same reason...poor story, Mary Sue characters, failures of logic. Yet certain tweeny girls would cut me open for saying that.

Comment

We're dealing with two types of crowds.

Those that see thoughtful, intelligent and amazing films that generate in word of mouth and appeal.

Then we have the mindless special effects driven crap that audiences will still see because this is their idea of a "good" popcorn flick when there's hot girls and explosions.

I'd like to think Transformers and Resident Evil fall under the latter category.

But, as is the case with the games, the original RE movie didn't start out that way. While working on my reviews for the movies I noticed that Anderson's budget wasn't as big as the sequels and as a result he had to rely more on working with his limitations. The smaller cast, the setting base, etc. And the very few actions scenes might have been dumb or cheesy, but they went and came.

Apocalypse to Extinction gave us a kick in the balls with how ridiculous everything got. Afterlife looks to follow that way.

Comment

I don't understand why any true self respecting RE fan would pay money to see this film.

Comment

because I look past the fact that Anderson made this, people are praising the one movie project of resident evil by some Amateur and think it's awesome... while this guy is a professional and its some how shit... if someone can do it better then they should until then I don't see these haters making the fucking movie, so really no room to bitch or complain unless your dollar is going to towards the movie. Plain and fucking simple.

I personally will be gladly to watch the next movie and get a different perspective on the Resident Evil Universe. I have been with the resident evil games since the beginning since 96.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
            I don't understand why any true self respecting RE fan would pay money to see this film.
            because that's what makes a fan - accepting both the good and the bad.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
              because I look past the fact that Anderson made this, people are praising the one movie project of resident evil by some Amateur and think it's awesome... while this guy is a professional and its some how shit... if someone can do it better then they should until then I don't see these haters making the fucking movie, so really no room to bitch or complain unless your dollar is going to towards the movie. Plain and fucking simple.

I personally will be gladly to watch the next movie and get a different perspective on the Resident Evil Universe. I have been with the resident evil games since the beginning since 96.
              Well, the way I look at it is this...Anderson's movies don't feel like RE, they're poorly written (I don't even think this one counts as an opinion...the plot holes in the series, the poor character development for anyone but Alice, the terrible character usage...) and it's not as though we shouldn't expect something strange and stupid in this movie. Such as the whole planet is dead or a giant steel wall springing up over 3 days.

Jermoe, or imacwesker if you prefer, is well respected in the community. He created one of the most impressive sites on the web, survivhor, which had information no other site had. We literally wouldn't know things about games such as 1.5 without him. He knows Resident Evil and he's not making this movie for the money, unlike Anderson, but because he wants to make a movie.

So, on the one hand we have a story that has prooven poor by a director that has apparently never played the game and has a tendency to strip as many elements out of his series for extra space for his fanfic character, who from the script we know he's obssesed with (and whose actress is now his wife, for extra squick...) against a guy whose dedicated thousands of hours of his life and a ton of cash, who is making a movie out of devotion.

I know who I'm supporting...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                Hear, hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                  because that's what makes a fan - accepting both the good and the bad.
                  If you accept the bad then you're only aiding the destruction of what you love.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                    If you accept the bad then you're only aiding the destruction of what you love.
                    no. its just simply being supportive. like batman. batman forever/ & robin not as great as the 1st two directed by Tim Burton, but that didn't mean i didn't give up on batman films entirely. 8 years later, a different director came in and look what was made.
                    Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

But part of the reason you got that was people rejected the crappy Batman Movies. Otherwise they'd have kept churning them out, getting ever crappier, until finally they made a movie with Bat Nipples so hard the universe collapsed in on itself in a stream of self loathing.

Fan feedback is how the folks up top know they're doing things how the fans want. Being supportive regardless doesn't save a series, it allows the quality to degrade until it kills the thing.

Comment

But part of the reason you got that was people rejected the crappy Batman Movies. Otherwise they'd have kept churning them out, getting ever crappier, until finally they made a movie with Bat Nipples so hard the universe collapsed in on itself in a stream of self loathing.

Fan feedback is how the folks up top know they're doing things how the fans want. Being supportive regardless doesn't save a series, it allows the quality to degrade until it kills the thing.
                        only thing is with fans is that they can be as ignorant as ever in which they can't accept anything BUT the good. like the wookies or the trekkers. you get into it with one of those fans, you'll never hear the end of it.

Comment

They can, and you have anti-fans who can't see anything but the bad. Most, middle of the road and sane people will enjoy a series, but won't be afraid to say when the thing jumps the shark either. Middle ground. It's a great place to be.

Comment

Well, the way I look at it is this...Anderson's movies don't feel like RE, they're poorly written (I don't even think this one counts as an opinion...the plot holes in the series, the poor character development for anyone but Alice, the terrible character usage...) and it's not as though we shouldn't expect something strange and stupid in this movie. Such as the whole planet is dead or a giant steel wall springing up over 3 days.

Jermoe, or imacwesker if you prefer, is well respected in the community. He created one of the most impressive sites on the web, survivhor, which had information no other site had. We literally wouldn't know things about games such as 1.5 without him. He knows Resident Evil and he's not making this movie for the money, unlike Anderson, but because he wants to make a movie.

So, on the one hand we have a story that has prooven poor by a director that has apparently never played the game and has a tendency to strip as many elements out of his series for extra space for his fanfic character, who from the script we know he's obssesed with (and whose actress is now his wife, for extra squick...) against a guy whose dedicated thousands of hours of his life and a ton of cash, who is making a movie out of devotion.

I wasn't trying knock Jermoe for his movie at all. I do apologize if it came off that way. I too am excited to see the finished results of his film. But my point still stands that if someone can do it better, Then I would love to see it for sure. If his movie is better by staying true to the story then power to him for sure. I will support his movie all the way through. But in the mean time, I enjoy the Anderson movies for what they are. A different perspective on the RE universe and a fun pop corn flick to watch. There have been much worse movies out there and by far the Resident Evil movies are no where near the best. But I am easy to please with any movie as long as it keeps me engaged.

Comment

They can, and you have anti-fans who can't see anything but the bad. Most, middle of the road and sane people will enjoy a series, but won't be afraid to say when the thing jumps the shark either. Middle ground. It's a great place to be.

Very much where I am at. I know the series hasn't been the best but I don't care and am able to see the good out of the movies. Lets say I have optimism and not be a pessimist.

Comment

Working...
                              X