Resident Evil 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
    The question is, why do people think that this Alex Wesker would be the next villain? Because he/she worked at Umbrella and has "Wesker" as a surname? Those aren't enough reasons for a background character that was mentioned in a file to become the next great villain of the series.
    No, those certainly aren't. But being the guy who back-stabbed Oswell E. Spencer, the one man most responsible for pulling the strings in the events of the entire series, and making off with the supposed key to "Immortality"--the true objective Spencer was after with the Progenitor Flower, fit the bill. Of course, this could all be swept under the rug by Capcom like several other plot threads in the series, but honestly, the whole Alex Wesker thing seems a little too deliberate on their part. At least to me.

Of course, we won't really know for a while. It's still pretty much anyone's speculation at this point.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
      And what's wrong with that? I happen to think Alex Wesker could be a potentionally interesting antagonist of sorts(keyword potentionally). However, I don't think we'll see him in RE6, since I have a pretty strong feeling RE6 won't feature any past elements of the series previously in play, and will be a fresh start, whatever that is, but I personally think the whole Alex Wesker thing in LIN was dropped for the sole purpose of promoting Revealtions. Really, it makes alot of sense than Capcom throwing random story details out in DLC for a WAY OFF game like RE6.
      The fact that people are hoping for some dude named in an optionally-read file in a shitty downloadable episode for RE5 to be the new antagonist in the series is what's sad to me. If that doesn't tell you that the future of the series(other than spin-offs and lazy handheld crap) is on its last leg of life support, then I don't know what will.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance but who the fuck is Alex Wesker ?

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
          Pardon my ignorance but who the fuck is Alex Wesker ?
          Was listed on the Lost In Nightmares computer. He's basically a surviving member of the Wesker Children project if i remember correctly.

Comment

He is surviving member of the Wesker Children project and also a chief researcher of the project if I remember correctly ;)
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
              The fact that people are hoping for some dude named in an optionally-read file in a shitty downloadable episode for RE5 to be the new antagonist in the series is what's sad to me. If that doesn't tell you that the future of the series(other than spin-offs and lazy handheld crap) is on its last leg of life support, then I don't know what will.
              Well let's put it this way. Capcom's creation of Alex Wesker is an excuse to make a direct sequel to RE5 with Chris/Jill without making RE6 more or less. Again, judging by Capcom's current westernizing/rebooting attitude when it comes to there top-tier properties, I don't think Alex Wesker or Tri-Cell--or even The Organization--will have anything to do with th inevitable RE6. Revelations in many ways may be the last "classical" game in the franchise as we know it. And since Wesker's gone and Jill is saved and all that, as people have pointed out, there's not much a reason to feature them in another game since their story arc is technically "over." But by having one last surviving Umbrella renegade out there--especially one who was one of(if not the only) closest confidant Spencer had, along with the fact that he is the "father" of sorts to Chris and Jill's ex greatest nemesis, and retains the Progenitor knowledge that was Spencer's ultimate goal--it creates a way to sorta explore their story arc(possibly for the last time?).

Pretty much, this is why I find the whole concept of Alex Wesker pretty damn intriguing, along with the hella cryptic Revelations trailer. Granted, that's probably why, but it's still food for thought. I really hope the aussie sounding guy was Alex Wesker, cause he sounds pretty bad ass to me. He could make for a excellent villian--but I certainly don't want him pulling a fast one at the end and escaping~gaining Wesker mega-villian status. The series already had a constant villian lurking in the background for ten years(who didn't exactly do a hell of a lot except plotting and planning). The series needs a complete breath of fresh air definitely, yet, Revelations could be a last hurrah of sorts to the "classic" characters and settings. I don't see, after saying that, how Alex Wesker is a determining factor in telling if RE is on it's last legs--once it's put into perceptive

And besides that, its not like RE hasn't ever had a character that was sort of the *main* villain yet only existed in text files in the games up until RE5(screw Umbrella Chronicles). By that logic, RE was already on it's last legs years ago.

But no, I agree with your point. No to Alex Wesker being new main series antagonist. But definitely yes to being Revelations antagonist.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sorta hoping Alex Wesker is gonna vanish. Unless Capcom's script folk really surprise me, and it's been a long time since they have, it's fairly obvious he's gonna be Wesker without the betrayal. And maybe with a different look and voice actor. He's already got so many of Wesker's main points. Let's list this out and see which Wesker I'm talking about

- Infected with Wesker virus.
                - Genius level intelligence.
                - Extremely good at research.
                - Once trusted by Spencer, then betrayed him.
                - Happy to run human experiments.
                - Shows a distinct lack of caring about human life.
                - Called A.Wesker.

Those statements cover both Wesker's from what we read about Alex and know about Albert. That is not a good thing. It makes Alex Wesker a one dimensional villain, replacing the more developed Albert because they were outta ideas of how to stretch his story out but with no real idea of what to do after him, either. If this was a sprite game, Alex would probably be a pallet swap Albert. About the most shocking revelation they might pull is having Alex be a woman. I don't recall if they ever use a gender in the files, but even if they don't (or they do and she's in drag) it's not enough to make a unique villain. If you wanted a strong female villain, you should have given Excella some clothes and let her survived.

Comment

I just hope the game wont be another upset

Comment

Alex Wesker has to be used because if they don't go down that route than all we know is that he's lurking in the shadows. He is the key to rejuvenating the resident evil franchise.
                    "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

Originally posted by presidentevil View Post
                      Alex Wesker has to be used because if they don't go down that route than all we know is that he's lurking in the shadows. He is the key to rejuvenating the resident evil franchise.
                      Honestly, they could do a lot better than more or less giving us the same sort of description for Albert as they did for this Alex.

Considering how Capcom names characters and they vanish into The Void to never be seen or heard of again (as far as we're aware, similar to that which had DMC Portable in it before we finally heard they canceled it) - since they ruined the Wesker we've all known from the start of the series, I'd much rather they left the "Wesker" title to Albert and make a new unique one instead of seemingly trying to feed us the same stuff with little variation (to the manner of my perspective on the gameplay between 4 and 5 honestly put).

I'd much rather them stop wasting time on crap if this Alex is going to be as rehashed as the general information we've been given on him/her sounds already and tie up ends with Sherry and the like as there's plenty of characters to choose from or tie in and branch out with new, unique ones and the like.

I'm honestly not going to hold my breath on this Alex character being properly used OR being unique considering some of the stuff we've gotten from Capcom lately, so I'm going to go with Darkmoon on that front.

They could easily rejuvenate the series if it was put back into it's place as a survival horror and not a crappy essentially action-game that doesn't seem to mix too well with the horror elements thrown in hidden in the shiny graphics...

Probably not making sense as I'm somewhat exhausted though. ;
                      Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-24-2010, 02:08 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Non-blurry Signature Version
                      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                        Honestly, they could do a lot better than more or less giving us the same sort of description for Albert as they did for this Alex.

Considering how Capcom names characters and they vanish into The Void to never be seen or heard of again (as far as we're aware, similar to that which had DMC Portable in it before we finally heard they canceled it) - since they ruined the Wesker we've all known from the start of the series, I'd much rather they left the "Wesker" title to Albert and make a new unique one instead of seemingly trying to feed us the same stuff with little variation (to the manner of my perspective on the gameplay between 4 and 5 honestly put).

I'd much rather them stop wasting time on crap if this Alex is going to be as rehashed as the general information we've been given on him/her sounds already and tie up ends with Sherry and the like as there's plenty of characters to choose from or tie in and branch out with new, unique ones and the like.

I'm honestly not going to hold my breath on this Alex character being properly used OR being unique considering some of the stuff we've gotten from Capcom lately, so I'm going to go with Darkmoon on that front.

They could easily rejuvenate the series if it was put back into it's place as a survival horror and not a crappy essentially action-game that doesn't seem to mix too well with the horror elements thrown in hidden in the shiny graphics...

Probably not making sense as I'm somewhat exhausted though. ;
                        Nope, in my opinion they struck the knife in the platter with this one. After mentioning Alex Wesker, they'd be bat shit crazy to say "Oh we never said anything about anyone by the name of ALEX WESKER" Seriously this guy could turn out to make Albert look like Dora the Explorer.
                        "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

Nope, in my opinion they struck the knife in the platter with this one. After mentioning Alex Wesker, they'd be bat shit crazy to say "Oh we never said anything about anyone by the name of ALEX WESKER" Seriously this guy could turn out to make Albert look like Dora the Explorer.
                          You obviously fail to grasp why Wesker is a fan favorite. Wesker was such a villian because he had a conneciton to the main characters, and was present from game one. While some people disliked Capcom bringing him back, the fact was he did return and its easy to see his influence through different games even if he himself had no direct role in them. Alex Wesker can set of nukes and destroy countries, yet no one will really care because he will have no relationship with any other existing element in the series. And if this shitty plot device character was more evil than Albert Wesker, it would just be yet another cheap ploy of the creators saying "Look at him! He does really really bad evil stuff, more than the last guy! Love it without question!" Yeah...that wont work.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Just like they've said "Oh, we've never said anything about Sherry being in Wesker's custody"?

And I agree with Rosetta, Wesker was special because he was there since day one; he was Jill's and Chris' supervisor, yet he betrayed them for his own purpose and THAT was important about him. One of the main themes of the series was Chris (& Jill) vs Wesker because of what Wesker did to STARS and not because he was a Agent Smith-wannabe villain.

And if Capcom really brings this Alex Wesker into next game, I hope she/he will be something more than yet another paper-thin villain that at the end of the day will turn into a monster and die from a rocket launcher.
                            Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 10-24-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              You obviously fail to grasp why Wesker is a fan favorite. Wesker was such a villian because he had a conneciton to the main characters, and was present from game one. While some people disliked Capcom bringing him back, the fact was he did return and its easy to see his influence through different games even if he himself had no direct role in them. Alex Wesker can set of nukes and destroy countries, yet no one will really care because he will have no relationship with any other existing element in the series. And if this shitty plot device character was more evil than Albert Wesker, it would just be yet another cheap ploy of the creators saying "Look at him! He does really really bad evil stuff, more than the last guy! Love it without question!" Yeah...that wont work.
                              Well said, I couldn't agree more.
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Whoever they use as the next main villain needs to have time to form some antagonistic bonds with the protagonist's if Capcom's gonna have a chance of creating another character as popular as Wesker. Simply sticking Wesker in the character's name and making him even more powerful and evil will only appeal to the kinda kids who love whoever has the most firepower and is the biggest badass. The Sephiroth fans who only know he's got a frickin' huge sword and is awesomely strong kind of fan.

Ideally, someone like Excella would have survived to this point and could step up to take over, with at least one game as a side kick under there belt. Unfortunately, most of the potential enemies were killed off...so they're gonna need to, instead, bring back a second string villain (Nicholai being the only one still potentially kicking, but Krauser survived at least once when he should have died, so he might work too) and have them working for the new big bad to give them some credit.

The only alternative is making Ada the badguy (but she only works for Leon), having it be a heel turn from someone like Sherry (you guys left me to be experimented on...you ass holes. Now I'm evil and it's gonna suck for you!) or having a previously thought dead villain returning (Alexia or Wesker). And even then, they're gonna need un-Capcom levels of writting to pull it off.

Most likely, we're just gonna get Alex Wesker being super awesome for two games before Capcom catch on no one cares about him, kill him off and reboot the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X