Resident Evil 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
    But you're right about Wesker surviving in the Dreamcast Code Veronica. It's been a very long time since I played that, and I don't know why, but I had always thought that Wesker got burnt to a crisp when Alexia threw that fire at the door.
    Yea he did the stop,drop and roll technique when fighting Alexia, than got that nasty burn on his face after fighting Chris. As for Hunk, there is some truth to the 4th survivor missions as DM said. I would rule out all the Mr. X's for sure, but as far as only one Mr. X being around the RPD, more could have always got there.

Mr. X's galore.

However, I'm assuming they would have had a different objective rather than retrieving the g-virus.
    Most likely it was "kill those soldiers" lol. Regardless, I agree that it was hard for me to accept Hunk as a true character for a while since he was strictly in bonus games. Perhaps, RE: Revelations will finally add more to his character.
    Last edited by REmaster; 10-28-2010, 12:22 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      I'm leaning more towards 70% Crap, 20% Good and 10% Resident Evil: The Movie: The Game. My only real ray of hope is RE5 took so much flak for being so unscarry.
      so you think it's 70% crap 20% good and 10% resident evil: the movie: the game: i don't know what else to say about hat
      Last edited by leonskennedy23; 10-28-2010, 01:16 PM. Reason: not what i wanted to say
      the death cannot die....

sigpic

Comment

• ^...Not what he said. At all. 70% bad, 20% good, 10% like the RE movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
          People keep thinking that Hunk in RE2 is cannon. Umbrella only launched ONE Mr. X into the RPD, not multiple ones. The Hunk RE2 battle mode is just that, an optional bonus mini-game, which should not be taken as cannon.
          True:

- HUNK and his team shot Birkin in his lab and acquired the G-virus sample.

- In the sewers, G-Birkin slaughtered everyone on the team except for HUNK, who escaped to the RPD with the sample.

- HUNK proceeded from the RPD's basement to the helipad, and escaped the city.

False:

- The enemy placement in HUNK's scenario. Although I believe no date is given for HUNK's escape, the assassination of Birkin occurred on Sept 22, 1998. This means that either HUNK escaped a full week before Leon and Claire arrived (on Sept 29), or he wandered the sewers for days. Since I believe the former is far more likely, this occurs long before the T-103 was dropped into the RPD... and yes, only one T-103 was deployed. It would also have made no sense for ivies or evolved lickers (or lickers at all, for that matter) to be in the RPD on Sept 22 but be gone on the 29th. How the hell could a plant waddle all the way up from Birkin's lab and take a cable car ride to the RPD, anyway?!

- The path that HUNK took through the RPD. In fact, it may not even be canon that HUNK even went through the RPD at all. It seemed like a gameplay mechanism to make the mini-game more challenging; he most likely just popped out of a manhole somewhere and radioed for extraction.

- HUNK's arsenal and health/ammo pickups. Based on the scenes in the lab and sewers, HUNK had nothing more than a submachine gun and a handgun. However, I suppose it's possible that he acquired the shotgun and magnum from corpses off-screen. As far as pickups of any kind, The 4th Survivor is completely devoid of them. Why would there be no healing items or ammo in the RPD on the 22nd, but a wealth of them on the 29th?!

In conclusion, the Umbrella Chronicles version probably paints a more realistic portrait of what happened with HUNK, at least when compared to the RE2 version. There's just no reason that if HUNK actually did go through the RPD that he would enter the west wing of the building at all.

One thing I never understood, though, was who actually shot Birkin. Did HUNK do it, or was he the one who yelled "stop, you might hit the sample?"
          Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 10-28-2010, 06:10 PM.
          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by leonskennedy23 View Post
            so you think it's 70% crap 20% good and 10% resident evil: the movie: the game: i don't know what else to say about hat
            What I mean is this. I believe there is a 70% chance we'll get a poor game with Alex Wesker as the main enemy, run and gun all out action gameplay and other things that will make the game utter crap, at least in my opinion.

A 20% chance that Capcom will decide to go in a more horror/old school direction to distuigish Resident Evil from the mass of action games and will drop the Alex Wesker plotline (or make it, in some form, decent).

And a 10% chance that we'll just get a game based on the Resident Evil movies due to those fuckers making millions and Capcom wanting to cash in on that pie. So Alice stars, there are super powers, etc. And a housand fanboys shall shed a thousand tears...and cut a thousand Capcom employees.

Comment

And a thousand fanboys shall shed a thousand tears...and cut a thousand Capcom employees.
              Oh yes...there will be blood.

Last edited by REmaster; 10-29-2010, 12:00 PM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

And a 10% chance that we'll just get a game based on the Resident Evil movies due to those fuckers making millions and Capcom wanting to cash in on that pie. So Alice stars, there are super powers, etc. And a housand fanboys shall shed a thousand tears...and cut a thousand Capcom employees.
                I fear this will happen too, fucking movies!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  One thing I never understood, though, was who actually shot Birkin. Did HUNK do it, or was he the one who yelled "stop, you might hit the sample?"
                  HUNK is not the one who shot Birkin, he's not that much of a newb.

Comment

Working...
                  X