My "next Resident Evil" idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "next Resident Evil" idea

So my idea for the next resident evil that comes after 5 goes like so.

Opening Scene:

Ryder: Brother do you know why spencer is so impatient with mankind?

Alex: Yes, mankind is a pitiful species who hurt those closest to them in order to gain something they desire...he wants to force mankind to reform through his viruses and create a peaceful world but I fear that even he has fallen to the curse of mankind...greed.

Ryder: He chose us to help "lead his new world" but I won't, I want to live like mankind, with the freedom of choice, so I guess I'm gunna defy his orders and live for myself.

Alex: And are you prepared for what will happen if you walk that path?

Ryder: Yes....I suppose....come with me.

Alex: No I will stay and help him for a while but when the timing is right, I will begin to walk my own path which I swear will come into conflict with yours.

Ryder: But..wait why?!

Alex: There is no way of changing the world, because what you're really saying is you want to help change..because that's the only way you will be able to live for yourself. But I want to reform the world in my image of my own utopia. I shall become the god of this world.

5 years later after they were 15.

Alex: Spencer is dead. Albert killed him. I want you to start to follow your own path.

Ryder: NOOOO!!! Wait *Alex pushes his brother off the plane*

After that Ryder wakes up with no memories of anything except the skills to survive and a "plane"
    They are special wesker children and are the most recent, but they are the last. They were made with the idea of an unaging body, as in it stays beautiful and never grows old.

He joins the BSAA and becomes an agent because of how impressive his skills are. His first "real mission" comes with the Egyptian Outbreak. Zombies and friends along with a few surprises you name it would appear in this game. But there a 3 campaigns. The 3rd would be called President's City. A new US town built in memory of Raccoon City. The 2nd would be called "broken ties" I'll edit and update with more ideas.

If you guys would like to add anything or comment go ahead.
    "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Well, other than the cliche nature of the plot (two super powered 'brothers', one good and one evil? Amnesia and forgetting his own super awesomeness, only to recover those powers and memories as he journeys along?)

Well, you need to understand the Wesker Children project a little more. First, they weren't created. They aren't biologically altered. They are simply superior children with superior parents who were taken from there parents as babies and given every chance in life to excel. Only when they get there virus dose did they become super powered, and most of them died during that process. At least one source says that only Albert lived through the process, but that seems unlikely given Alex's exsitence.

So the idea of them being 15 (the Wesker Children were all recruited at the same time, it seems) or made to be unaging (they weren't made to be anything but raised as ideal recipents for the virus) don't work with what we know of the project. They'd need to be at least close to Albert's age. Plus, given all this it would mean that Alex was working on a evil project that killed thousands in weeks when he was 13, assuming the game takes place at the exact same time as RE5, and would have been given the virus shot when he was rougly 4 since they all got them within months of each other.

Ryder also comes across as a Marty Sue. He's related to the game's best known villain by being in the same project. He's going to be far more powerful than any of the other RE characters because of his powers. The amnesian thing. If you'd at any point mentioned that he was going to date Jill and Claire at the same time, turning them both bi so they can live togehter, while becomming Chris' best friend I would have been forced to track you down and stare at you until your burst into flame.

Personally, I'd drop the idea of the main character being a Wesker child. The RE games are supposed to be at least partially horror, even if the newer ones are too action based for it to be reality. Having someone who has, or develops, the ability to punch out Nemesis and move so fast it's like he's teleporting rather spoil any chance of being afraid. Same as the RE movies. Alice is clearly superior to her enemies, why should you feel an inkling of fear for her?

I'd also drop any dialogue before the amnesia part. Otherwise, you've told the big plot twist in the intro. Look at Survivor - you spend a good part of the game being tricked into thinking your playing a child killing lunatic. If you'd heard the dialogue before the game started, it wouldn't have worked half so well.

What do you mean by three campaigns? Three seperate stages in the same story, or three linked but self contained stories in different places?

Comment

Who names their kid Ryder? Must be the half-brother of Rott/Lott.

Other than that, it's probably going to be a kick-ass sequel.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X