Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what happens to the civilian at the start of RE3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what happens to the civilian at the start of RE3?

Right at the begining of Nemesis a woman screams for help. You can see two zombies right by her but she turns and runs away before they catch her. You then kill the two zombies and chase after her. I always wondered what the hell happened to her? Anyone manage to find her? I assumed she dies and I have been looking for her dead body. She has on a pink top I believe. Anyone solve this mystery?

Run back to the warehouse...
    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Ha! Nice one. I always wondered where she went. She is laying in a pool of blood with what looks like half of her head missing. I thought maybe she's still alive but Jills diagnosis is 'Shes Dead'. I'll take your word for it Jill.

This wont be a waste of a thread, I'm playing through Nemesis again and I'll post some more questions here as I go along. Cheers Anders!

Comment

Yeah she dies. Which was a sad thing. Wish you could have saved some of those civi's.
        Last edited by Enrico Marini; 09-20-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
          Yeah she dies. Which was a sad thing. Wish you could have saved some of those civi's.
          Yeah it seems every civi that is left alive, dies instantly as Jill arrives on the scene. Fat warehouse guy, Screaming lady in pink top, Brad, and some other poor soul who gets devoured as Jill looks on. Thats just in the first 20 minutes.

Comment

Not sure Brad qualifies as a civi. Then again, I'm not sure he counts as anything but Nemesis' love toy.

But given the pure number of monsters, zombies especially, wandering around Raccoon City it's a minor miracle anything lives. I can't imagine many civilians being likely to last too long...even the guys 'ready' for a zombie apocolypse aren't gonna be prepared for Hunters, Lickers and Tyrants.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              .even the guys 'ready' for a zombie apocolypse aren't gonna be prepared for Hunters, Lickers and Tyrants.
              Debateable. Umbrella knew what they were sending the guys in against, and even Nicholai said it was an unexpected outcome that the squad would be completely wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                Debateable. Umbrella knew what they were sending the guys in against, and even Nicholai said it was an unexpected outcome that the squad would be completely wiped out.
                I think he meant the civilian horror fans who'd know (theoretically) how to handle a zombie situation. Sort of like how many of us and other zombie fans would claim to be able to handle a zombie situation (esp. many of the Romero fans and people I've seen at the homepageofthedead website). Those type of horror fans may know in general how to handle zombies and be ahead of the game in that department, but they weren't expecting the other monsters.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                  I think he meant the civilian horror fans who'd know (theoretically) how to handle a zombie situation. Sort of like how many of us and other zombie fans would claim to be able to handle a zombie situation (esp. many of the Romero fans and people I've seen at the homepageofthedead website). Those type of horror fans may know in general how to handle zombies and be ahead of the game in that department, but they weren't expecting the other monsters.
                  Ah. In terms of actual civvies, I agree.

Unless you're like Claire and Leon and can withstand Birkin, Mr X, hordes of zombies, Lickers, Super Lickers, a giant crocodile, you know.

In real life, I doubt anyone could withstand the more advanced B.O.Ws. When you think of it like that though, it's a bit odd that one person can fight their way through hordes of the monsters yet entire mercenary and swat teams can get cut down.

Comment

Well Hunters I would fear. Lickers have their brains on the outside making them an easier target, though you'd probably still not survive the encounter but neither would they.

I think you just have to take these things with a pinch of salt. A game where you only come across maybe a total of 20 zombies spread across 50 or so rooms would be boring, same with only 1 hunter/licker and a tyrant that buggers off for a kebab. In "reality" Leon and Claire probably would either be dead or have fought a lot less than they actually did with Birkin going off for a cigarette break during battles.

Comment

Yeah, probably. Depends how much of a good shot you are with a Licker, I suppose. Can't remember exactly but can't they pierce your torso from 6 feet away or something? Lickers have the exposed brain but they can pierce your chest very easily from a fair distance.

Comment

What Alzaire said. Even the Umbrella guys, though, wouldn't be fully expecting what they ran into. I believe at least some of the enemies in Raccoon were new mutations.

Comment

We all have one person to thank for knowing how to handle a zombie apocalypse. One hero.

"Shoot them in the head."

Comment

Leon S. Kennedy, I salute you for your bravery.
                            Last edited by REmaster; 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM.
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Having played RE3 many times this is the first time I have ever heard of this civilian woman you guys speak of...

I guess I never really bothered to backtrack to the beginning of the game as I felt no need to do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X