Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't the zombies ever eat each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombies don't eat each other because zombie meat tastes like ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
      Zombies don't eat each other because zombie meat tastes like ass.
      LMAO I think so too.

Comment

Its similar to the principle in Day of the Dead. They eat live flesh because it contains the energy required for them to stay 'alive'. They will eat dead flesh and even resort to cannibalism, but only if there is no live food source. It's basic animal instinct.

If they starve to 'death', the t-virus triggers a mutation which transforms them into the Licker. Making them a better hunter so they can get more food.

Another thing that seems to go unnoticed i think...not just the smell of rotting flesh...but the smell of faeces. I mean, they're not going to the toilet are they? All that raw meat has to be going somewhere?
        This is explained, the Zombie digestive system is far more efficient (I guess) than a living person's. The acid in their stomachs is much more acidic, so it breaks down whatever flesh they consume much easier. Then all of that is.. absorbed I suppose. All they gain from flesh is energy. Living flesh naturally has a lot more energy.
        Last edited by News Bot; 11-13-2010, 12:34 AM.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot
          Its similar to the principle in Day of the Dead.
          Err in Day of the Dead (1985), Frankenstein actually says the opposite. He severes all organs bar the brain and says they don't actually need to eat anything. They gain no nutrition from eating humans.

On the other hand Return of the Living Dead says that it helps soothe being dead (and the electrical energy from the brain helps them function).
          Last edited by Enrico Marini; 11-13-2010, 03:42 AM.

Comment

I liked the idea in the second episode of The Walking Dead that they are attracted by the smell. We smell fresh and tasty, they smell like shit. Makes sense to me. In 28 Days Later the zombies starve at the end and begin to waste away. Theres so many Zombie films, books and games though it depends which ones rules you want to apply to.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
              Err in Day of the Dead (1985), Frankenstein actually says the opposite. He severes all organs bar the brain and says they don't actually need to eat anything. They gain no nutrition from eating humans.

On the other hand Return of the Living Dead says that it helps soothe being dead (and the electrical energy from the brain helps them function).
              I think you misunderstood. It is *similar* to the DotD principle. They do gain sustenance when they eat, but they will still eat regardless of whether they gain nutrition or not since they run on bare animal instinct. When fresh food isn't available, they'll move onto rotten flesh and cannibalism.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                I think you misunderstood. It is *similar* to the DotD principle. They do gain sustenance when they eat, but they will still eat regardless of whether they gain nutrition or not since they run on bare animal instinct. When fresh food isn't available, they'll move onto rotten flesh and cannibalism.
                I don't see how they can gain any sustenance from what they eat when all their internal organs are dead and cease to function.

Comment

Just for clairty, in Day of the Dead it's specifically said -

HE TOLD ME HIMSELF
                  THEY DON'T EAT FOR NOURISHMENT.
                  WHAT ARE WE HOPING FOR HERE?
                  In most zombie movies and shows the zombies don't get any real benefit from whatever they eat, since most of there internal organs are damaged, gone and such. It certainly suggests they don't benefit from eating when they left there stomach on the pavement two months back. It seems more likely that it's part of the virus' alterations, driving them to eat in order to spread it, with the side effect of the occasional overkill destroying a host body completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                    I don't see how they can gain any sustenance from what they eat when all their internal organs are dead and cease to function.
                    In the world of Biohazard, they do. My point about DotD is that their *feeding habits* run on instinct.

Comment

Working...
                    X