What's your favourite RE title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite RE title?

I'm helping out Deadside over at Capcom-Unity in order to get a pretty good overview of what RE fans thinks is the best title in the series. Christian Svensson over at Capcom USA has also shown a bit of interest in the list, so who knows, maybe after seeing the final list he'll go all "Hmmmm... so the fans thinks that Resident Evil: Gaiden is the best game in the series? Let's go make more RE games with Barry on a boat! ". Or well, maybe not! Either way it'll be fun to see what the fans thinks overall.

I apologize if a similar thread has already been made, but in order to make this properly organized I'll just create this new one. And also, if you are active on other RE forums and you see a similar thread by Deadside or by me, please make sure to only vote in one of the threads.

Edit: *bangs head against wall* Of course I had missed to write one of the RE titles. If you have RE: Codename Veronica as your favourite, don't vote in the poll and just write a reply saying that's your favourite, thanks!
    Edit 2: Thanks to whoever added RE:CV into the poll! People can vote for that normally now.
    Resident Evil 1 (original)
    14.29%
    Resident Evil 2
    28.57%
    Resident Evil 3
    4.08%
    Resident Evil 4
    6.12%
    Resident Evil 5
    2.04%
    Resident Evil Zero
    0.00%
    Resident Evil 1 (remake on GC)
    28.57%
    Resident Evil: Outbreak
    4.08%
    Resident Evil: Outbreak 2
    2.04%
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
    0.00%
    Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
    0.00%
    Resident Evil: Dead Aim
    2.04%
    Resident Evil: Gaiden
    0.00%
    Resident Evil: Survivor
    0.00%
    Resident Evil: Degeneration
    0.00%
    Resident Evil: CODE Veronica
    8.16%
    Last edited by Sectus; 10-21-2010, 07:17 AM.

You also forgot Survivor 2, but I can't see anybody voting for that anyway.
    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Yeah. It's a bit of a stretch for me to even include games like Survivor and Dead Aim in the first place, but who knows, there might be some fans with unusual taste

Also, poor cookie monster

Comment

I like REmake...yeah the slow one that takes itself seriously as a horror title. Who'd have thought you could take the campy original and revive it into a piss-your-pants horrific mad house. Creating a new layout for the mansion, new enemies, new puzzles and a better vocal performance. What they did choose to bring from the original was still good, but they brought in new elements to keep it fresh. They knew that "stalker" characters liked Nemesis worked which is why Lisa was both a sympathetic character to discover and your worst nightmare. And then of course the added challenges like invisible enemy, one dangerous zombie and real survivor. The graphics were very impressive and reflected on the look of the previous characters without changing too much. All in all it was the perfect balance between the classic style of playing and the progression of where the series could evolve. A very underrated entry in the RE series, but one thing is certain....Crimson Heads>>>>Ganados.

Comment

Favourite? Numba #1? Numero uno? Best of the best? King of kings? The daddy?

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis

Comment

I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for Resident Evil 2
            sigpic

Comment

I saw this on your YouTube channel. Almost left a comment, but I'm glad I didn't since I can express my love over here on THIA, instead.

CODE: Veronica is my favorite, hands down. The poor little forgotten one in the poll. :p

EDIT: Voted through the poll, since it was added!
              Last edited by Bianca; 10-21-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Wait a minute...why, over Gun Survivor 2 and Gaiden (and Degeneration ) did you leave CV out?

Anyway it's 2. Always has been, always will be.

Comment

Remake. Scary as hell and an instant classic. In my opinion the most under rated game of all time. How this managed to see a mere 1.35 million copies I will never know.

Comment

It has to be REmake for me. It was the perfect remake for any game that has been revamped and then refined with extra content and hitting it bang on with the atmosphere and original setting. Also don't forget the number of difficulty settings that was set to you, and your rank being changed due to if you use first aids, the number of saves and deaths. The game was packed with a lot of content, this title really defined the series for me. You can't get anything else like this.

Comment

RE2. I adore the Scenario system since it essentially increases the game size four fold, and still think Capcom are idiots for not constantly including and improving that system. It's also got a decent story. The only real negative, as far as I'm concerned, is there wasn't much time spent in the streets.

Comment

Does anyone want us to edit the poll and put Code Veronica in it?

RE2 is my favourite. I love the characters in Code Veronica but I find the gameplay quite annoying.

Comment

Added it anyway, albiet at the bottom.

Comment

Thanks for the votes so far! I made a silly little video on youtube asking the same question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAilkiAAOsk (if you've already voted in thread, please don't vote in video too!)

I'll just wait a few days for votes to come in, and then count all the votes and send them over to Deadside. I would have loved for the votes to be among the thousands, but at least it should be several hundred people voting total, and it's primarily hardcore RE fans.

Comment

I voted RE1 original. RE2 had the best first time playthrough experience but overall I find RE1 much more replayable. REmake is scary with some good additions (Trevor plotline, Graveyard) that were supposed to be in the original game, but I just find the original generally more fun and interesting to play.

REmake changed the mansion a little too much in some areas, and some of those areas are not really memorable such as the second Yawn fight part (that whole area of the mansion is a little off IMO). It definitely improved the aquarium room though lol. I guess you could also say the mansion looked a little too decrepit and like a haunted house.

Comment

Working...
                              X