New Collection Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Collection Advice

So… I’m really into Resident Evil. I have quite a bit of stuff and I think it’s time to start an official collection.. Any suggestions would be great. All the stuff I have is used and opened and everything. Don’t care to much about that yet..
    So far I have:
    RE0 GCN, RE1 GCN, RE1 DC PS1, RE Deadly Silence DS, RE2 GCN, RE2 N64, RE3 GCN, RECVX PS2, RE Outbrakes 1 and 2, RE4 Wii, RE5 PS3, RE Darkside and Umbrella Chronicals Wii, RE Dead Aim PS2, RE Survivor PS1, RE Gaiden GBC,
    Think that’s about it. I have all of the games in one form or another. Maybe I’ll get the 2 Archives on Wii, but other than that im not really interested in any other versions. Maybe the PS1 versions of 2 and 3.
    I have all 7 SD Perry Novels, the fire and ice windstorm collection book, RE Archives, The Umbrella Chronicals and ad art books from Japan, The guidebooks for re4 wii, umbrella Chronicals, and 5
    The umbrella Chronicals and some other cd by sumthing else
    The re movie trilogy, degeneration DVD, and the original on psp umd
    I have quite a few action figures too, all opened:
    Hunk, rpd Leon, Chris, Jill, tyrant, lab zombie, crimson head, licker, hunter, chainsaw Ganado, 5 Chris shave and executioner, and saddler & vertigo cheap pvc things from Japan.
    What else… a HUNK tshirt and another tshirt with a bunch of guns
    4 and 5 posters, a big jill wallsticker
    I think that’s about it. If you have any cool ideas let me know. I was kinda thinking of the other wildfire comics. If anyone has like a list or link or anything, that’d be great. Thanks in advance.

I'd get some more soundtracks, especially RE1-2-3-CV.
    Maybe the Biohazard Sound Chronicle Best Track Box 6CD box set? It's the only way to get REmake and RE0 soundtracks. You'd have to get RE1-original in addition though. Watch out for Taiwanese counterfeit CDs if you're buying Japanese soundtracks.

Wesker's Report DVD.

And how about some demos?

Use the link in my signature to see what's out there.
    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

My advice would be to have a focused collection.
      As you can see, Anders is into regional releases/demos/soundtracks and pretty much all other media.

I'm into the official merchandise, from Japan. My favourite items are generally those from the first three games (PS era). You can see my stuff here.

As far as I know no ones bothered to list EVERYTHING because it would be too hard to do. But if you ask the right people questions, you can usually find out about specific items. Most of us are nice
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        My advice would be to have a focused collection.
        As you can see, Anders is into regional releases/demos/soundtracks and pretty much all other media.

I'm into the official merchandise, from Japan. My favourite items are generally those from the first three games (PS era). You can see my stuff here.

As far as I know no ones bothered to list EVERYTHING because it would be too hard to do. But if you ask the right people questions, you can usually find out about specific items. Most of us are nice
        That sums it up perfectly. I'm into the figures, but I also collect whatever I can get my hands on. Here's a link to my collection as well, feel free to ask if you find anything of interest.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/album.php?albumid=36
        Last edited by REmaster; 11-12-2010, 11:30 PM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

http://birkinslab.com/ is a good site for figures, guns, and other merchandise.
          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I am currently focused on getting all the releases (japanese and american ones). I don't have any interest on the PAL releases because they probably wouldn't work on my consoles, but maybe some day I will focus on getting them too.
            I also collect guides and artbooks. I don't like action figures that much so I'll focus on collecting them later.
            http://www.residentevildatabase.com
            Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Buy things you like and/or will use? I dropped collecting for collectings sake years ago.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Wow. You guys have a ton of nice stuff. Gene, I like the Leon Jacket, RE2Cop Standup, and Rebecca Action Figure. Remaster, I like the snowglobe. I think I'll go for the basics at first, maybe the wildstorm comics. Maybe cds, books, and figures. Birkinslab looks decent, I'll check it out. Like you said Kyliedog, I don't think i want every edition of every game. I'll play and keep them, but the foreign ones have no real value to me. Thanks for your advice. How long have you all been collecting? And about how much money have you put into it?
                One thing I would like would be an arcade cabinet or two..

Comment

I'm selling a lot of my own stuff soon.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I collect anything I can Resident Evil/Biohazard related as you all already know.

Comment

buy whatever you want. doesn't really matter. i only buy things in the NTSC region, nothing that has BioHazard written all over it. if i do, its very rarely - about once to once every two years. and rarely will ever i get a Hybrid language item from any other part of the world. most of my items are brand new too, thus i'm paying way more than if it were used.
                      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X