Interviews with developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviews with developers

Hey guys! Figured you could help me out here a little bit. I'm trying to create a reference directory with developer interviews. I've assembled quite a bit already, but it's looking kind of dim when it comes to the original Resident Evil as well as Resident Evil 3 and Code: Veronica.

The interviews are accessible from the Creators' Voices directory here.

This is far from everything I've got, but it's a start for the post. Looking forward to additional interviews from magazines, strategy guides and online resources. Language doesn't really matter.

If you post something, please remember to specify the origin of the interview (publication, issue number, date).
    Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2010, 10:14 AM.

Do you need some interviews from japanese guides? I've many & could help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Do you need some interviews from japanese guides? I've many & could help you.
      Sure, anything really.

Comment

Resident Evil 2
        • Hideki Kamiya, Research on Biohazard 2 Final Edition, 1 September 1998 1 2 3 4
        • Shinji Mikami, Research on Biohazard 2 Final Edition, 1 September 1998 1

Resident Evil 4
        • Shinji Mikami, IGN's site,17 May 2001 1

Resident Evil 5
        • Resident Evil 5 Developers, Jgonzo's blog, 7 February 2010 1

Comment

Thanks!

I updated the OP with the link to the directory where I store all the interview links.

Comment

Not sure if you have this one or not but here's an interview with:

Kouji Oda-RE Zero

Pretty interesting. The original source is unknown to me as the interviewer is apparently unknown as well, so perhaps someone can shed some light on that. Anyways, I found it on Biohazard France.

http://survivhor.biohazardfrance.net..._int_kouji.htm
            Last edited by REmaster; 12-02-2010, 10:21 AM.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Seeing the credit line at the bottom:

Interview from: N.O.M November special issue
              Published date: Nov 21 2002
              Published by: Nintendo
              ... Appears to me that the interview was published in the old Nintendo Official Magazine. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
                Seeing the credit line at the bottom:

... Appears to me that the interview was published in the old Nintendo Official Magazine. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.
                Lmao.

Good eye, for some reason when I saw that the interviewer was unknown I thought they meant the source of the interview, not the actual person Eithier way, there's a nice RE 0 interview with the director.
                Last edited by REmaster; 12-02-2010, 10:48 AM.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Isn't it called Official Nintendo Magazine, not the other way around?
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

N.O.M is "Nintendo Online Magazine", a monthly column with developer interviews released on the Japanese Nintendo site. Here's the untranslated interview.

Comment

Considering you have Director's Hazard covered, these discs/ tapes could also be of interest:

https://www.crimson-ceremony.net/los..._vhs-jpn-cfc04 (not sure if he's actually talking about Biohazard much at all)
                      https://www.crimson-ceremony.net/los...endorush2002-1 (three cover variants, but all with the same disc)
                      Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.

Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.

Then there are all those RE4 and 5 making of DVDs...
                      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Excellent idea Prime. It'd be pretty handy to have access to all in one place.

The IGN interview with Mikami from May 21, 2001 from the link Davi has provided is not the actual interview, just the highlights of it. It was a featured content only for IGN Insiders and was later published on its entirety on May 31, 2001.

I have this one from GamePro N-91 April 1996: [1] [2].

Forgot about this one: http://www.1up.com/news/shinji-mikam...-resident-evil. Mikami Discusses Resident Evil, Tango Gameworks, His Abusive Dad. Nov 10, 2010. Will you include other media interviews as the ones Anders liked? I remember there were some Soundtracks with words of the music composer on the booklet.
                        Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

You guys (and possibly gals) are great! Thanks for your support!

I'd like to include pretty much every interview, so the liner notes will certainly be added at a later point (VGMdb has nice scans of all of them up). The Biohazard 2 Complete Track even has a real interview with the sound staff on disc two.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                            Excellent idea Prime. It'd be pretty handy to have access to all in one place.

The IGN interview with Mikami from May 21, 2001 from the link Davi has provided is not the actual interview, just the highlights of it. It was a featured content only for IGN Insiders and was later published on its entirety on May 31, 2001.
                            I notice this when I was translating the article, but I couldn't find the link for the actual interview. So, is there one?

---------

Shinji Mikami, Another Side of Biohazard, 2001? 1
                            Last edited by Davi Redfield; 12-07-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

^ Another Side Of Biohazard, 2001/03/17.

Yes, the interview seems to be still available, but only for IGN Insiders, and I don't have an account. There was one about SH2 around that same time if my memory doesn't fail. I'm not sure though.
                              Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 12-07-2010, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X