No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 "Easy" difficulty ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Wrathborne both on Zero and Code Veronica, I also found Code Veronica to be a borefest.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
      Completely the opposite for me. Love the story, characters, setting and atmosphere, but I am not fond of the gameplay at all. Backtracking felt excessive, didn't like the non-fixed camera angles, some boss battles were too hard and the without-warning switchovers were just fucking stupid.
      This sums up how I feel about CVX pretty well. I didn't mind the backtracking as much since I really liked all the locations in the game, but I also would have preferred static (or semi-static RE0-style) backgrounds. CVX came out, what, like a year before Remake? Imagine Remake-caliber graphics in CVX!

Anyway, something about CVX's story just puts it above the other RE games for me. Maybe it's because it's just more epic than previous games, particularly toward the end with the Antarctic base. The excellent music definitely helped with that feel, too.

As for RE0, I don't really love it or hate it. The enemy variety got old, since 90% of them were just giant animals (particularly the bosses). How the hell did a giant scorpion get on the roof of a train, anyway?! Also, the whole Marcus-on-a-cliff-singing-to-leeches thing felt very un-Resident Evil to me. I do agree with Wrathborne that the game is a bit on the short side, but I don't find it to be that much shorter than Remake. However, I always take my time with RE games (except for speed runs to get bonus weapons), so maybe my view is a bit off.

I did like some of the atmosphere, though, particularly in Marcus's underground lab and parts of the training facility.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
        CVX came out, what, like a year before Remake? Imagine Remake-caliber graphics in CVX!
        True, but in all probability CVX was in development long before REmake was even an idea. You have to remember that development cycles are more complicated than they appear, if CVX was released a year before REmake it does not mean that both games were being developed in parallel during the entire period of development.
        Freedom of Information.

Comment

Working...
        X