Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wesker makes voicemails and ringtones for charity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesker makes voicemails and ringtones for charity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxNviCGLoI

Recently Albert Wesker voice over DC Douglas held a contest which the winners who wrote the best voicemail scripts would have DC record them as Wesker. The link is in the description on where to download them. Downloads are free, but he asks those that do if they would be so kind as to donate to a charity event for the holiday season.

Enjoy the voicemails and ringtones.

"Excella! I told you I HATE AT&T!"

"Excella! Goddamnit woman don't touch that!"

"If Chris has given you this number... I'll deal with you later"

Love these! The hair gel one sounded a bit fangirl-ish though.

Comment

Good on him for doing this.
      And congrats on getting one of yours read out
      sigpic

Comment

I remember when people on RE fansites were slating this guy for the sole reason he was not Waugh.

What did Waugh ever do eh? Make a fan plea after he got canned.
        Last edited by Dracarys; 12-16-2010, 05:27 PM.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
          He told a cop that he would be very very sorry!
          Voice actor for Wesker, Richard Wough, demonstrates how Wesker would react to getting fired from RPD.
          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I remember when people on RE fansites were slating this guy for the sole reason he was not Waugh.

Actually I met Waugh and he explained his side of the story(back in 2008 or so) and why he never got in with the fan community:

1: He had no real idea how popular the games were, and video game voice acting was still kind of new to him. He had no clue at how popular his Wesker voice had become.

2: He only did voice recording sessions on a few weekends and over the course of a few years and was otherwise doing theater and TV in Canada. He only found out how popular the series actually was by about the time he voiced Wesker in RE4.

He said it was a real eye opener because he never knew that the few weekends he did recordings for this 'strange character' would be as popular as it was. Basically he's just a working actor whose either onstage or in front of the camera or with his family and thats pretty much been it.

He was pretty sad that by the time he realized the popularity that this series had gained as well as Wesker, that it was too late and he had been recast.

He was pretty upset about being recast primarily...because of how he was recast. He said the last session he did some voice work for CAPCOM was for Umbrella Chronicles and he only did a handful of lines for Wesker.

Well later on he got to see some Umbrella Chronicles scenes with Wesker and heard a different voice being used. He figured that the reason they had him come back and voice a few lines for the new game was for CAPCOM to use the new dialogue to help the new guy(D.C. Douglas) get a proper feel for this character.

Actually at the convention I was at where he was a guest of honor, he was doing Wesker voice mails for fans at his panel.

I havent met D.C Douglas and dont know anything about him, but I have met Richard Waugh and he is a real stand up guy who just wasn't aware of what he was getting into when he was voicing Albert Wesker.

Comment

Actually DC Douglas was in the same situation. He didn't find out until after Umbrella Chronicles how popular the Resident Evil series was, and even then when he recorded for Darkside Chronicles he didn't know much about it except that it was a "prequel" to RE5. Chalk it up to these fantastic actors always keeping busy.

But even Waugh himself was a voice replacement for the first Wesker in the original, and after Code Veronica he was replaced by Peter Jessop in REmake. Waugh later returned for RE: Zero and RE4 and also recorded additional scenes for the later ports of Code Veronica and RE4.

Comment

He wasn't slated simply because "he was not Waugh", it was because of his performance in Umbrella Chronicles, where he sounded like a Waugh-wannabe (at the time the voice of Wesker that defined his post-RE1 character) with a weird accent. Fortunately, Douglas' performance in RE5 was much better to the point that now he is considered to be the voice of Wesker.

Comment

It's all kind of silly. It really boils down to a matter of preference and what you're used to. I consider REmake the best game in the series, and while I enjoyed Peter Jessop's performance as Wesker, at the time whenever there was talk of Wesker the voice that came to mind was Richard Waugh because he was the recurring voice of the character for three games so he was viewed more as the iconic choice for the role.

Same with Leon. RE2 is viewed by many as the best in the series and there were a lot of Leon fans because of their experience with RE2. But you won't hear many people bashing Paul Mercier because they loved his work in RE4 and don't mind hearing him come back in the role.

Claire Redfield has yet to have a replacement voice actor, and after hearing Alyson record for the character for so long it would offend most people to think of a new VO for the role.

But back to Wesker. DC has three games where he voiced Wesker and is seemingly a lock for using his lines in MVC3 and most likely Mercenaries 3D. So while it doesn't take away the performances from previous actors a lot of newcomers to the series that start out with the newer games will likley associate DC as the iconic voice for Wesker.

It didn't occur to me when Umbrella Chronicles came out, but to be honest Umbrella Chronicles is not my type of game. Same goes with Darkside Chronicles where DC's voice is treated like a cameo appearance. (Consider the same thing when RE4 came out on GC and before he came back to record for Separate Ways Waugh at the time was only used for a cameo in Assignment Ada). It wasn't till RE5 where I was really impressed with DC's involvement. Also taking into account it was his first time working with facial mocap so he had to record his lines while staying in character facially. Staying in place and seeing all those dots on his face makes it look really difficult. So props to the cast of 5 that went through that.
                  Last edited by Smiley; 12-19-2010, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Last I heard of D.C. Douglas he got fired from Geico...

It's nice to end the year with this news bit about him.
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

^ That happened like 6 months ago though

I laughed at those voicemails, especially at the one with Excella.
                      Last edited by Mr. Rod; 12-29-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X