Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capcom had Resident Evil 5 running on the 3DS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom had Resident Evil 5 running on the 3DS!

During a GameRadar interview with Capcom's Yoshinori Ono, this little tidbit came out:

GamesRadar: Were you surprised when you first saw Super Street Fighter IV running on the 3DS? Did you think the machine was capable of such a visually accurate conversion?

Ono: The first time I had any kind of contact with the 3DS was shortly before E3 of last year. A couple of weeks before the show I got a call from [Capcom producer] Takeuchi-san, and he said he had something he wanted me to see.

So I traveled to Osaka, and he whipped out a 3DS, and it was running a version of Resident Evil 5!

And yes I was surprised we could get this kind of power in the palm of your hand, and 3D to boot.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/super-st...04164627895022
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Interesting, especially given how noticible the drop between RE5 and Revelations is. Maybe some of Revelations is left overs from the missing PSP version and doesn't take full advantage for the 3DS?

Comment

I don't think that PSP title ever began development. More like in planning stage, if anything.

Comment

The 3DS powerful enough to render RE5's title screen confirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          The 3DS powerful enough to render RE5's title screen confirmed?
          And in 3D, no less.

Imagine how good the game could look without having to render the game twice for it to run in 3D.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

wow imagine what the ngp can do if the 3ds can run re5.

Comment

The same without 3D but with some touch screen elements like what Nintendo have had going for years already?

Comment

Why do they waist there time on that ds just give us outbreak 1 2 on ps3 and pc with new servers and then give us resident evil 6 for pc and ps3 they shouldent waist there time with that handheld crap whats the point ? the screen is to small and we all know how sucky the controls are.

Comment

So you've played it?

Awesome. Please give details.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                    Why do they waist there time on that ds just give us outbreak 1 2 on ps3 and pc with new servers and then give us resident evil 6 for pc and ps3 they shouldent waist there time with that handheld crap whats the point ? the screen is to small and we all know how sucky the controls are.
                    RE1 on the DS is a lot of fun, and actually on your point (what i could make of it, spell check dude) porting Outbreak to the DS/NGP would make a lot more sense than PS3/PC, at least if the servers went down the handhelds have the ability to link together without the need for the internet so you'll always have some multiplayer option open. Port it to them them all though then you can play on your console then pick up your handheld on the way out and continue where you left of, now that would be good.

Comment

He probably meant a build of Mercenaries 3D.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Yeah. That's what I think too.
                        If you weren't aware of the Mercs 3D project, at a glance, you would think Mercs3D was RE5.

Comment

Either way it is fairly impressive. I don't need ps3 or 360 level graphics to have fun with a game though, even if it is gamecube or ps2 level it'll be fun. Or so I hope..

Comment

I've heard a lot of negativity about this transition to the 3DS, but you can't help but be amazed at the new things they are trying.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                              RE1 on the DS is a lot of fun, and actually on your point (what i could make of it, spell check dude) porting Outbreak to the DS/NGP would make a lot more sense than PS3/PC, at least if the servers went down the handhelds have the ability to link together without the need for the internet so you'll always have some multiplayer option open. Port it to them them all though then you can play on your console then pick up your handheld on the way out and continue where you left of, now that would be good.
                              yeah yeah always say crap about the spelling... and fuck no i dont want a damn port for ds or ngp. Those games are best, when they are played on ps3 or a pc version this is not a fucking lan game where you link together its suposse to be a big 4 player online game.

Comment

Working...
                              X