Julia Voth Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julia Voth Interview

I did an interview with Julia Voth, Jill face's model. Just five questions RE-related, the rest is about her movie Bitch Slap and personal questions. Follows below.

How did you get in contact with Capcom, and became Jill's face?
    Julia: It was a very traditional casting process, but I remember there being tons of girls there. The clients were all speaking in Japanese so I didn’t know if they even liked me or not, the next day my agent told me I got it. Needless to say I was very happy.

Did you like the final result? How does feel seeing yourself in a game, side a side with various monsters, and even dying?
    Julia: I think they did an incredible job, and especially for the technology at the time, it was cutting edge. It very weird for me to play myself, because it does look just like me. I remember my brother especially liked to play me, and if for some reason they would be mad at me they would kill me in the worst ways lol

Do you follow the series? Game releases, and such things?
    Julia: I try to as much as I can, it’s very cool to watch her evolve in the series.

What do you think about the movies franchise, and specially, about Jill, portrayed by Sienna Guillory?
    Julia: I’ve always loved the films, they are always super cool and badass. I think Sienna did a good job. However I would love to make her my own in the next film, not only do I get tons of fan mail about it, I know in my heart I was meant to play her.

Jill is featured in a upcoming game, intitled Resident Evil: Revelations. However, her model face doesn't look like the previous one, based on your face. Could you tell what's the nature of your contract with Capcom, and if it has ended, thence the different looking Jill from Revelations?
    Julia: I have no control over Jill, CAPCOM has rights to change it at any time. To my knowledge the faces change from time to time. Jill’s has been the same the longest, I guess that’s saying something.

Did you ever "cosplayed" Jill?
    Julia: No I never have, why do that when you are the real thing, huh? LOL

-----------

You can check the full interview here.

Anyone ever watched Bitch Slap? Word of advice: Don't
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
      Anyone ever watched Bitch Slap? Word of advice: Don't
      I have to say it was never on my list of priorities, but thanks for the advice!

By the way, nice interview Davi! It really is too bad that Jill's face is being changed for Revelations; I thought Julia did a fantastic job.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Thanks; I agree.
        But I liked her movie. It was funny to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
          Did you ever "cosplayed" Jill?
          Julia: No I never have, why do that when you are the real thing, huh? LOL
          This made me LOL. I'm surprised that she hasn't been abducted by some crazy Jill fanboy.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Good stuff! She seems like a really laid back person from the interviews I've seen of her. I know she stated she plays the series as much as she can; but I wonder what she thinks of brainwashed Jill in RE5 (and upcoming MVC3).
            REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
              This made me LOL. I'm surprised that she hasn't been abducted by some crazy Jill fanboy.
              There is still time....

Comment

Working...
              X