Resident Evil 5 2.0 update PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 2.0 update PS3

After playing Code Veronica X I decided I'd play through Re5 again because of the whole Chris/Wesker deal. I put the disc in and was suprised to find a new update, Its the 2.0 version. I havent played this game in about 2 months so I dont know how new this update is. Can anyone shed some light on this? What is the update for?

Edit:- My mistake I put the original Re5 disc in. Instead of the Gold Edition, so I figure the update is quite old and is for the Ps Move. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    Last edited by CrimsonElder; 02-10-2011, 06:34 PM.

The original does not work with Move, so I'm interested in seeing what it is. Ill check mine.

Comment

2.0 update patches the game up to Gold Edition standard, adds new menus for the new scenarios/mercs mode, a few new viewable figures, creates a GE compatible save file.

Just makes it ready for buying the DLC basically.

You must have two installs for RE5 on your PS3 then, regular and GE each have a 5GB or so install.
      Last edited by Dracarys; 02-10-2011, 07:06 PM.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
        2.0 update patches the game up to Gold Edition standard, adds new menus for the new scenarios/mercs mode, a few new viewable figures, creates a GE compatible save file.

Just makes it ready for buying the DLC basically.

You must have two installs for RE5 on your PS3 then, regular and GE each have a 5GB or so install.
        Yeah I have the original and GE save files. Im afraid to delete the original one incase it affects the GE save.

Comment

I know it is possible to affect online rankings by messing about with save files, I did that and some of my leaderboard rankings got wiped and replaced with the new save files rankings. I think it is releated to if your partner gets a new high score when playing online because not all my original scores were reset. I didn't really have incentive to test it and wipe more scores.

I actually deleted my GE save completely and started a fresh one though.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
          X