Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who hate RE4 and haven't touched it since release...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
    When compared to previous titles in the series, RE4 had a massive amount of cutscenes.
    Maybe, I don't really remember. But I never felt that problem in previous BH games, except maybe code veronica.

In the castle part of the game, you play through the entire castle nearly without any cut-scene whatsoever, you just feel like you're moving forward and blasting countless enemies without any goal to reach or particular reason.

More than once I just felt like I was playing some kind of "dungeon" rpg of some kind. It wasn't story driven at all and felt so boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      Maybe, I don't really remember. But I never felt that problem in previous BH games, except maybe code veronica.

In the castle part of the game, you play through the entire castle nearly without any cut-scene whatsoever, you just feel like you're moving forward and blasting countless enemies without any goal to reach or particular reason.

More than once I just felt like I was playing some kind of "dungeon" rpg of some kind. It wasn't story driven at all and felt so boring.
      We probably didn't notice the lack of cutscenes with previous games because we were too busy being afraid, a connection the newer titles really lack.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

the thing is, is that i can't stand the Wii version. i hate the reticule replacement and how much easier the game became.
        Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

I own the GC, PS2, and Wii versions of the game and I have to agree I enjoyed it the most on the Wii than any other system. Resident Evil 4 still rubs me the wrong way; I blame it on the fact as I personally see it as a decline in the series but regardless it was still an enjoyable action game. Also I liked playing as Ada and playing Assignment Ada! :3

Comment

Separate Ways is pretty stupid.

AA > SW
            Last edited by Chris' Boob; 02-23-2011, 03:04 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              I wasn't keen on the fact that Umbrella were gone by the opening cutscene. There was no epic fall from grace or noble struggle, not like we had been led to believe in the events following CV(X).

"It's up to us to stop Umbrella!"

Nope, the United States government took care of that themselves.
              That was what initially really pissed me off about RE4 and took years to get over, and the cause for my initial seething hatred for the game (I'm sure some ex-reH members like MoS will remember I used to slag it off constantly). Over time though, I grew to really enjoy the game for what it was, a great shoot-em-up with cheesy lines and no plot. Umbrella were one of my main loves for the RE series and for them to be gone in a crappy 2 minute intro was disgraceful. I had a complete media blackout for RE4, the last I knew before playing it, it was still 3.5 and Leon got infected with the Progenitor virus. I was expecting great things. When I heard the words "Umbrella was finished", I was like:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SH*T!

Once I got over that and got the Wii Edition though, I loved it. The controls feel so smooth even today and it's a very fun gaming experience.
              Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 02-23-2011, 06:49 AM.

Comment

See, I actually swear by the Wii edition of RE4. I think it improves upon the game and is easily the definitive release. It was a cock slap in the face to all the fans of the series by Mikami, and yet still he is widely revered in the community. He's turning into Hideo Kojima, a man who continuously fucks the old school fans yet gets praised for doing it nonetheless. It's like getting raped and then thanking the perpetrator because he 'did a good job'.

Just going to sit here and wait for one of two types of individual to berate me - either 1.) A Mikami/Kojima fanboy who is disgusted at the fact that I DARE speak lowly of their idol, or 2.) A self-claimed "rape victim" who was raped as a child even though it didn't really happen and they want attention so they'll make up any shit, who'll lambast me for using a rape joke as part of my arguement.

Or actually a third option - albeit a rather unlikely one, we may get a feminist who is so founded in their personal beliefs that ANY mention of rape without a modicum of 'respect' for the subject matter will be met with their extreme wrath. Most likely we'll get bugger all, which I'm very pleased to know.

I expect this from the internet.
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-23-2011, 07:18 AM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

What is wrong with you using the word rape like th- lol I'm joking

All put aside, you're right. He tried something new with the series, old fans hated it, new Halo/GoW fanboys loved it, and now we're stuck with this new action oriented garbage.

Hell I think I'm the only RE fan who loves Survivor. It's probably my second favorite RE game, first being CV. At least it has zombies, ties to Umbrella, tyrants, and Leon is some-what mentioned.
                  Last edited by Chris' Boob; 02-23-2011, 07:26 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                    ...and Leon is some-what mentioned.
                    This should absolutely not be a criterium for what makes an RE game. In fact, the total opposite. Leon needs to be less in RE nowadays.

Comment

I always feel this sense of worry and sometimes dread when I see your name as a latest reply on a topic I've posted in
                      It's like getting raped and then thanking the perpetrator because he 'did a good job'.
                      I find that remark distasteful and an insult to my feminist principles.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                        I find that remark distasteful and an insult to my feminist principles.

UUGHHHHHHHHH I KNEW IT! CAN'T GET A GAWD DAMN BREAK I TELL YA!
                        See you in hell.

Comment

LOL! You guys crack me up.
                          What did it in for me was the controls on RE4 on the PS3 and, maybe it's because of the crazy graphics, but the gameplay felt soooooo sloooooooooooooow.
                          I'll pick up the wii version, maybe the control mechanics is improved in that one.

A variety of monsters is definitely a bonus, faceless zombies seems played out.
                          One of my favorite "crap in your pants moment" was when the dog jumps through the window in RE1, i literally screamed. A manly scream.

Comment

UUGHHHHHHHHH I KNEW IT! CAN'T GET A GAWD DAMN BREAK I TELL YA!
                            My reaction whenever I see one of your posts I can reply to:

Comment

I guess no one here loves Survivor and appreciates it's awesomeness like me
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                                I guess no one here loves Survivor and appreciates it's awesomeness like me
                                I played it some and got some lols oout of it. I want to figure out how to get my newly imported copy of Code Veronica: Gun Survivor 2 to work on my ps2.

Comment

Working...
                                X