Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikami: RE4 was made because Onimusha 3 SUCKED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I liked Onimusha Mikami-san

Comment

Capcom needs to do one of two things to appease fans.... Either remake RE2 the same way they remade the original OR make a Dino Crisis 4... DC is a series that has a lot of potential to become a classic but I don't understand why Capcom decided to ignore it. DC 1 was awesome, in my opinion better than all of the RE installments except RE2.

Comment

He's wrong about Onimusha 3. If the camera were behind the player it would be terrible. You wouldn't be able to judge your weapon range or enemy distance very well.

Comment

What I disliked about Onimusha 3 was the non stop unskipable cutscenes. That's why I never made it far. I don't remember if 1 and 2 had that, I know that if 1 and 2 had been over the shoulder, there's no way they would've been as impressive. Watching that very cool Japanese architecture from those angles made the game. It's like in DMC1, when there's this cliff like level and you're given a vertiginous view of the place, it was breath taking. It just doesn't compare to spending 8+ hours behind someone's back with a target in the center of your screen the whole time.

Those games gave me grand spectacle along with gameplay and freedom, without any need for cinematics. *whipes tears*

Comment

You're so right. They changed the camera in Onimusha 4. I was always trying to move it so I could actually see the enemy attacks and be able to counter.

In the first Onimusha, you couldn't skip any cutscenes. Ever. Even if you finished the game.

2 and 3 were only unskippable first time through.

The first game drives me crazy sometimes. I've been planning another run but I can't stand that early scene where Yuki gets captured and Samanosuke gets his powers. It actually stops me from wanting to play.

Comment

Working...
            X