Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation - Resident Evil to be given the "Case Zero" treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation - Resident Evil to be given the "Case Zero" treatment?

Dead Rising 2's 'prequel', Dead Rising: Case Zero, was a big success for Capcom.

Christian Svensson, Capcom U.S. vice president, was asked by GamesIndustry.biz about the possibility of giving some of their other top franchises the same treatment.

Sven: "It's something that we're evaluating for all of our titles."

"It's not something we're going to be doing on every title, but it's something we're looking at on a title by title basis," he explained.

"Can we provide a compelling, self-contained pre-amble with persistence that links to a full product that helps people to upsell? That's really being thought out on a case-by-case basis."
    Read more here: Could Resident Evil or Mega Man Go 'Case Zero'?
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

The point of Case Zero was to get more people interested in the DR series, RE needs no such help.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Resident Evil needs alot of help.I would like to see how resident evil would be with the case zero treatment.
      sigpic
      www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

I think RE could greatly benefit from something like this some people I know weren't willing to pay $60 for re5 but give them something that's $10-$15 it could sway them into investing in the series
        "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Why not? I would buy a short mission with Mr Barry Burton as the lead. More than Case: Zero I would rather see something like Case: West which was rather meaty.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Wasn't the original plan for Lost In Nightmares to be like Case Zero? A playable section of the game not featured within the main game.

Lost In Nightmares would of been an awesome playable demo and would of allowed us to be more invested in the death of Jill and not just a throw away moment in the main campaign.
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X