Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

resident evil MODS (originally on MOD5569)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resident evil MODS (originally on MOD5569)

(im goin on dark biohazard with what i could find and hear)

Resident evil mods

To start off...this will not be about ways to mod RE4 or 5. This is not a how to guide on modding. This is not goin to be a hate filled rant on modding. This is my honest thoughts on a few mods that are or will be coming soon.

IT may surprise everyone but this is not the only modding site I frequent. I frequent another site called the horror is alive or THIA. Its not a modding site but a great place for resident evil information and a thriving RE PC modding community. I know I said no 4 or 5 but the reason is these people dedicate themselves to modding the classic trilogy. 1 2 and Nemesis.

So today we're gonna look at 3 mods that will come out in the near...or hopeful future.

Resident evil 2: Mortal Night mod
    Creator: NemesisWon'tDie

This seems like the best place to start as its one of the more recent RE2 mods but will be hard to run since not many people can get a copy of RE2 platinum on PC but it looks like it will be a decent mod

it will have hunk in the main role and feature more zombies than ever before but the beta so far does not other much but new zombie skins and music rearrangements.

My interview with Nemesiswontdie from THIA says that the games easy mode will be a more advance extreme mode but other than that no story changes. But I will say this will be a good change of pace from the RE of today.

Rating:3 of 5

Release: 2011

Resident Evil: Rebecca's Escape
    Creators: Red Robin and Flag King

this is more a minigame than a full fledge mod but is easier to get to run since you can get RE3 for pc at gamestop.com...god I need to get them on a sponsorship at this rate.

The story basically is
    (from the summary from Red Queen once again from THIA)

Rebecca's Escape is a minigame based on Resident Evil 3. It tells how Rebecca escaped from Raccoon City. The day is September 29 and it will take place after Jill leaves in the cable car and before Leon and Claire get in the city. But before she gets out, Rebecca needs to collect a few evidences to help finish the Umbrella once and for all.

So far, no demo or beta has been released but from the trailers below the game will have new backgrounds, new character model for rebecca and increased difficulty. The only problem I have so far

the mods mother site is in brazillian...and babelfish does not translate brazillian.

But so far some new locations seems to be the STARS main office and a few new ones but the STARS office intrigues me the most

Thankfully the mods creators seem to be nice enough to talk to me about this and when a beta comes out trust me you'll here my response.

Rating:4 of 5

Release: 2011 so far

so now were at the big daddy itself...the mod thats been a decade in the making...

DARK BIOHAZARD
    Creatorominion

this is a full on conversion of Resident Evil 2. not a reskin or an edit of a few characters. This is a full on reimagining of The Resident Evil series.

The basic plot is What if?

What if STARS did not survive the mansion?

What if no one knew what had happened to them?

What if...

That's the basic question for this game but to tell you the truth I got a question...When will it be released?

No one can contact the creator but he does randomly contact anyone working on the mod but the guy is very secretive about this project.

There is a documentary that is split into 2 parts below.

1ere partie de la beta du MOD de Dominion.c2keo est le createur des decors 3D de Dark Biohazard.Une fois termine, le MOD sera distribue GRATUITEMENT. Vous au...

2e partie de la beta du MOD de Dominion.c2keo est le createur des decors 3D de Dark Biohazard.Une fois termine, le MOD sera distribue GRATUITEMENT. Vous aure...

as you can see Dominion has been working on this mod for a very long time as it originally started as a way to make a sort of super difficulty and from all the trailers i'm posting below (no there not in order)

To understand the present you must look at the past and back where everything startedhttp://www.darkbiohazard.com/

The first teaser of my videogame project. A hint of things to come...Check out the official site:http://www.darkbiohazard.com/

The long awaited second trailer is finally here. Expect the unexpected...http://www.darkbiohazard.com

This mod really won't die. It stars Leon from RE2 but to my knowledge thats about it. The amount of modding that went into this game is mind blowing and shocks me that the last trailer was 2009 but the mod itself is downright amazing as not only do you go to new areas you go back to the residence of evil itself.
    Insert

The Arklay Mansion...The place this all began...unless you played Resident Evil 0 it began at the training facility...but if you really want to be actual it began when SLAP!!!

Ryder: GET ON WITH IT!!!

Damn! Stupid female doppelganger!

Ok so the bottom line is that this mod is not gonna die.

Like Biohazard 1.5, the fan community behind this game is staggering but the support to have this game released is mind boggling. The man modded characters, backgrounds, christ a big thing I heard he even modded the FMVs! This is not a flash in the pan. This is gonna be a full fledged release and even if the world ends tomorrow I guarantee that people will not only still talk about it they will worship the game.

Before you say its dead lets remember...

We all thought this was dead as well

Rating: Elephant out of 5

So those are 3 resident evil mods. Now there are other mods out there but I wanted to focus on these 3 since right now they are the most recent ones I can find.

Also please check out all of them and trust me on this...

you won't be disappointed...

RELOAD!!!
    David Phillips

Run for that house!
    Gamefanstv@yahoo.com

you forgot one.Resident Evil Director's Cut Mod for RE1 PC.Yes its a fan-made pc port of the Director's Cut version from the PS1.

developement started in late 2009 and should be ready sometime this year.

For years a secluded mansion and its grounds have been the site of top-secret biotechnic experiments. The research staff has been funded by a respected (if slightly unethical) corporation named Umbrella. The weekly laboratory reports have been increasingly...
    Last edited by BrionIrons; 03-13-2011, 01:56 PM.
    sigpic
    www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
      you forgot one.Resident Evil Director's Cut Mod for RE1 PC.Yes its a fan-made pc port of the Director's Cut version from the PS1.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-evil-directors-cut
      sorry man, i mostly based it on mods here on THIA. may check this out though. maybe i will cover it in a RE article in the future

Comment

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post

http://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-evil-directors-cut
        Rubbish mod, very few (if any) redeeming features in fairness. Not worth bothering with.

Comment

TO YOU STU.But not everyone else agrees with you.remember that.

I bet you never even tried the mod.

RiderKid,take my word,its a good project sofar.There is a topic on the modding section on thia though it really didnt get any attention here.But have topics on other forums that actually caught attention.It actually got some good responses.
          Last edited by BrionIrons; 03-17-2011, 04:24 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

ok if this turns into a fight between you two i give mods full access to shut this thread down.

Comment

no,there isnt going to be any fight.im just here to talk about re mods.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                Resident evil 2: Mortal Night mod
                Creator: NemesisWon'tDie
                No, I,m the creator, Resevilnemesis30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
                Last edited by RESEVILNEMESIS; 03-28-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Whats the point of this thread, and if it has one shouldnt it be in the modding section?

Comment

Working...
                  X