Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tricell isn't quite dead. (Mansion Incident / Raccoon City Redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricell isn't quite dead. (Mansion Incident / Raccoon City Redux)

In a few ways, the situation with Tricell following Biohazard 5 more closely resembles the situation which the Umbrella Corporation was in immediately after the Mansion Incident, as well as Raccoon City. The entire background and epilogue of the game's storyline is in the BSAA Remote Desktop and Adam's "Experience Kijuju" blog. So, they are not "promotional nonsense", to quote.

Background; the BSAA Remote Desktop focuses on a level 6 intelligence analyst of the BSAA named 'Ryan'. That's basically it for starters.

(translations by Prime Blue)

Originally posted by Report_090213
    Up to now, I have continuously observed the "autonomous region Kijuju" in Africa as I was in charge of the follow-up investigation of the incident.
    According to news reports, there has been ongoing chaos in this country just after the regime had changed.
    They say part of that is a movement that opposes foreign nationals, though I don't think this is the only cause for the situation in the autonomous region Kijuju.
    But only by intelligence from hearsay, occasional signs of bioterrorism can be seen here.

That headless dog carcass in Adam's blog, for example.
    And the corpses stuffed and burned in burlap sacks.
    It is a well-known fact that the signs of the Raccoon City tragedy, like the body of a murdered woman, began several months before.
    Normally, not many cases of corpses are thought to be caused by bioweapons such as viruses infecting humans or animals.

However, if this is the work of a single human or animal, a certain pattern has to exist here, but it can't be recognized.
    In other words, it is natural to think that multiple humans or animals are involved in the incident that is occurring in Kijuju.

And Adam's blog was updated today. For the first time, concrete signs of bioterrorism can be confirmed.

>The weirdest thing I've laid eyes upon recently has to be the dog I saw with some leeches or tentacles on his face.

The "leeches or tentacles" are probably the tentacles of a "Plaga", or so it is assumed.
    And it seems to be the "Plagas" in "Leon's report".

At this moment, we should increase the observation level for the autonomous region Kijuju and think about a proper investigation.
    And as soon as enough evidence was collected, we should inform the West African Branch that is responsible and request the execution of a military operation.

However, the material is still insufficient.
    Our first cooperation request for the West African Branch will be the introduction of an agent on the spot.

Furthermore, chances are high for this matter to be approved as a formal operation later.
    For the record, I kept a journal of this matter today.
    Right off the bat, Ryan sets up the entire game in one day;
    1) suspects Plagas
    2) promotes observation and investigation of Kijuju
    3) requests the West African branch to send in Reynard Fisher

Originally posted by Report_090216
    I received a mail from Reynard Fisher, our agent on the spot in the autonomous region Kijuju.
    I'd say its content was well within the range of my expectations.

Rey detected the signs of the Plagas, so the West African Branch should probably take action ahead of us.
    It is important to inform them about this possibility.
    If they observe the object, assume this possibility, they may realize what they didn't notice before.

However, the state of affairs probably does not allow the situation to be taken lightly.
    The assumption that the Plagas are spreading really pushes the planning of the operation, it might be wise to take action the moment we obtain overwhelming evidence.
    Further setup for the game.
    1) Reynard reports back to Ryan, having detected signs of Las Plagas.
    2) Ryan informs the West African branch, and awaits more evidence to finally push the planning for an operation forward

Originally posted by Report_090217
    I consulted with chief intelligence analyst Mike about the matter yesterday.
    He was skeptical about my theory that the Plagas are used in the autonomous region Kijuju.

Of course it's unnatural that the Plagas which were confirmed to be only in Europe suddenly appear in Africa.
    One explanation to consider is that someone brought them in, though I couldn't think of a reason to do that.
    If you think of the Plagas as a B.O.W. product, they are not very lucrative.

The reason why I'm saying this is that the mass production is difficult, the parasitism takes time and it is much more cost-effective and faster for a group to use a virus for bioterrorism.
    The fact is that there are far less reports of bioterrorism the Plagas are involved with than reports of bioterrorism employing other B.O.W.s.

However, if we only cling to precedents, we won't be able to deal with new facts.
    What if someone overcame these faults of the Plagas, what if someone developed them further?
    If you rob people of their reason and spare only their intelligence, you are able to create the perfect soldier of absolute obedience, following the orders of the dominant species.
    And could the autonomous region Kijuju have been chosen as an experiment, simultaneously serving as a demonstration?

And...

...no, I can't.
    If I go on like that, I'll only repeat conclusion after conclusion.
    The only thing we need now is facts.

I'll continue the observation of the autonomous region Kijuju.
    1) Ryan vouches for the importance of Kijuju while the rest of the BSAA is dismissive. He predicts everything correctly, such as the existence of evolved Plaga (Type 2 & Type 3)

Originally posted by Report_090220
    There was no progress for the last 2–3 days, but it was worth the wait.
    The man depicted on the photo sent by Rey is that Ricardo Irving.

It seems like he pretends to be just some businessman, but in reality, he is a black marketeer of B.O.W.s.
    He is a so-called "merchant of death".

It's safe to say that the possibility of bioterrorism in the autonomous region Kijuju has increased because he was seen there.

I know that further investigations will be very interesting.
    I tried to examine the records of country entries and exits and traced a person who looks like Irving, who entered the country before the incident and left America after it.

Of course, there is no certain proof as he used a fake ID when he entered the country. It was almost a bit misleading, but I comprehensively analysed the records of the incident from all BSAA branches and the entry and exit records of each country, as well as the fact that Irving is said to have dealt with B.O.W.s in the past, with a tendency to B.O.W.s used in bioterrorism, and furthermore, his physical traits remaining in the records.

According to the follow-up investigation of the incident, there are signs of Irving having arrived before it. Moreover, he is suspected of having participated in the incident.
    I think each event might be connected to one and the same string, no, there is no doubt about it.
    I will immediately communicate this information to the agent in charge of the incident.
    1) Reynard manages to catch Ricardo Irving in the middle of a transaction and takes a photo and sends it to Ryan.
    2) Ryan basically ejaculates in his pants, as this is the hard (lol) evidence required in order to launch a proper investigation.
    3) this is the entire set-up for Irving's EXISTENCE in Biohazard 5.

Originally posted by Report_090223
    I gave the information on Irving to Chris Redfield.
    He is one of the few agents in the BSAA who have level 10 action authority.
    He can conduct investigations exceeding the limits of his branch as to his independent judgment.
    I also believe him to be able to obtain information other agents could not get their hands on.

I frequently exchanged information with AMADI from the West African Branch. They want to arrest Irving, catching him in the act of B.O.W. black marketing.
    Therefore, it is necessary for us to obtain information on where he is carrying out the transactions in Kijuju.
    Rey seems to be actively gathering information as good as he can, but regrettably, the expected results do not occur.

In such a case, an intelligence analyst unfortunately is not in the position to place himself at the location of the event, but "Mister BSAA" Chris Redfield will take the matter in his own hands.
    Though he probably does not want to.

However, this matter is urgent.
    Looking at Adam's blog conveys the seriousness of the situation.
    There is no certain proof, but as expected, this is not just some riot or radical nationalist movement.
    It can be said that Irving, he and he only, is the key to this situation.
    I guess the answer will appear on its own if you understand his purpose.
    1) this report details the entire reason Chris is the main character in Biohazard 5. He was conducting his own investigation and wound up with a connection to Irving. As such, he insists on taking part in the investigation Ryan is setting up.
    2) did I mention that anyone who thinks this is "promotional nonsense" right now is pretty narrow-minded?

Originally posted by Report_090224
    A virus was sent by a mysterious person.
    Because of that, I could not do my work yesterday.

Thanks to MJ from the Technology Research Office, I could get rid of the virus somehow. The question is, who sent it?
    Even with MJ's skills we couldn't identify the original sender. It seems like there are no traces of an illegitimate intrusion from the outside.
    That is to say that the message was sent from within the BSAA.

And the content of that message.
    It just said "This is information on Irving."
    In other words, that person knew that I want information on Irving and that I would get infected by the virus for sure.

Who on earth...
    In the North American Branch, I only talked to Chris Redfield about the Irving matter.
    But it's hard to think that he did this.
    Does this mean that someone will look troubled if the Irving matter is brought up in the BSAA...?
    1) M. Suzuki really gets involved here. She is the sender of the virus.

Originally posted by Report_090225
    Chris Redfield brought some information late last night.
    3/5 of Ricardo Irving's transactions are carried out in the autonomous region Kijuju.
    The trading partners are Americans.

The West African Branch requested to execute an independent operation, but because the trading partners are Americans, because there is a possibility of Irving having a connection to the incident here, because Mister Redfield obtained this information and, above all, because of his burning desire to participate in the operation himself, this will be a joint operation of the North American Branch and the West African Branch.
    As expected, the strong influence of the original eleven counts a lot in such a situation.

However, the West African Branch will do the fundamental planning of the operation and will execute it. Mister Redfield will stay and participate as an observer of the operation. He seems to agree with this.

I will conduct the analysis of the intelligence received from the West African Branch and will take on the task of communicating it to Mister Redfield.

Well, seems like I'll be busy.
    1) Chris bears the fruit of his investigation. He pin-points the exact building where Irving carries out his transactions in Kijuju, as well as the buyers and the date of his latest transaction (where he is scheduled to sell Popokarimu).
    2) at some point, M. Suzuki reports this to Irving, which is how he anticipates the BSAA's entire presence in Kijuju and manages to lead them straight into death, as guinea pigs against the Type 2 Plagas. Still just promotional nonsense?

Originally posted by Report_090226
    Now that Chris Redfield's participation in the operation has been decided, the selection of a partner became necessary.

Two-man cells are standard when SOAs take part in an operation.
    As this is an operation in a region Mister Redfield is unfamiliar with, it is better to choose from the SOAs of the West African Branch rather than the North American Branch. AMADI is of the same opinion.
    (on another note, Suzuki here wanted to participate, but she is probably not experienced enough yet)

As a result of our discussion, SOA "Sheva Alomar" of the West African Branch was chosen as his partner.

I requested her profile in another matter.
    She's pretty young with her 23 years, but still, she is a highly-capable SOA.
    There will be no deficiencies if she is Mister Redfield's partner.

Though I can't get that thing about her career out of my mind.
    The restrictions regarding the disclosure of that information are far too strict for a single SOA unit member.
    Although it is just a persistent rumor, I heard from a member of the Bioterrorism Assessment Committee that there is a personal connection.
    I guess there is some relationship.
    1) the background on Sheva being chosen as Chris's partner.
    2) M. Suzuki also requests to become his partner (in order to fuck up the operation on his end) but is denied by Ryan due to her lack of experience. Yes. Ryan just saved Chris Redfield's life.

Originally posted by Report_090303
    The operation is about to begin and I uncovered a staggering fact.

I recognized this matter as bioterrorism and expedited the investigation on that assumption. Although it resulted in a joint operation with the West African Branch, they didn't seem to have realized that and thought this is just an operation to arrest Irving.
    Naturally, the unit members there were neither informed about the possibility of bioterrorism.

In light of this course of action, I strongly objected to AMADI from the West African Branch and, thereafter, even to the director of the Operation Planning Office.
    But they argued that Adam's blog only is too weak a basis for bioterrorism occuring.
    Even if I clung to passing on this possibility, it would cause confusion. The other side is also stubborn which is why it is not possible to carelessly unload information onto the location.

This is my mistake.
    I was arbitrarily convinced that the West African Branch was thinking the same as me.
    The correspondence was mistaken.
    And with that, strike two.

At least I'm going to communicate this possibility to Chris Redfield only. Because he is already taking action in the operation and I'm a level 6 intelligence analyst, I don't have the authority to directly pass on information to him.

There is no way to do so.
    Although it is a violation of the rules, I guess I can only pass on this information by using personal connections.
    At the moment, it's best to only do what I think.
    1) two days before the operation. Ryan realizes that he and the West African branch do not see eye-to-eye. Ryan sees the operation as a potential stage for bioterrorism, while the West African branch only sees it as a simple arrest. Again, Ryan is the one, single figure who vouches for the severity and importance of it. Because Chris and Sheva are under the same assumption as the West African branch, Ryan takes matters into his own hands and requests M. Suzuki (in reality a Tricell agent) to inform them about the (high) possibility of bioterrorism. She doesn't, pretty clearly in order to try and have them die by virtue of not expecting shit.

Originally posted by Report_090308
    I obtained worrying data via a certain route.

[C.Redfield]
    Kirk, this is Chris.
    We were attacked by civilians and had no choice but to fire.
    I thought such battles were not assumed for this operation?

[K.Mathison]
    Yes, without a doubt. But your orders have not changed.

[S.Alomar]
    What's going on? Were the headquarters expecting this situation?

It is a log of the communication between the Bravo Team and helicopter pilot Kirk Mathison, but what is that?
    The possibility of bioterrorism in the Kijuju Autonomous Region that was supposed to be communicated was not passed on at all.
    I requested an assured communication of the information from M. Suzuki and she also took it on.
    I'll probably need confirmation on this.
    Originally posted by Report_090309
    It has become impossible to contact SOA M. Suzuki since yesterday.
    This can't be, did I pass on information to the wrong person?

I don't want to admit it, but with that, it's strike three...
    Ryan finally realizes, and he is murdered by Suzuki for his trouble. She then deletes his entire hard drive, erasing all evidence of the operation and its planning.

Sound familiar?

Definitely.

In closing, Tricell is essentially free of responsibility for the bioterrorism in Kijuju. If the BSAA does manage to cough up evidence (which will be hard to procure since Ryan, the man behind the operation, is dead and all of his data deleted. And the Kijuju Autonomous Region was carpet bombed by the BSAA. Oops.) then, at the very least, only the pharmaceuticals division of Tricell will be persecuted since each division of Tricell is basically a completely separate company. Maybe the world has gotten more common sense since the days of Umbrella, who got themselves adjourned for 5 years before they had their own data used as evidence.

Hate to burst any bubbles too, but Biohazard 5 takes place in 2009 whether anyone likes it or not.

(Biohazard 5 Kaitai Shinsho ~ Biohazard CHRONICLE)

(Inside of Biohazard: The Darkside Chronicles ~ Chronicle of the Darkside Chronicles)

(Biohazard Archives II ~ Chronological Table)

Last edited by News Bot; 03-15-2011, 04:44 PM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

It was pretty much obvious they decided to play the whole Umbrella/Stars theme again on a international scale with the BSAA and Tricell, so they can set up for any location and scenario now with bioterrorism. Much thanks for Prime to translate this. Glad the writer is producing Revelations along with Kawata for more details to add to the setup for 6 (even if it's set before 5, it wouldn't hurt for teasing where it can lead.)

Comment

Very interesting where did the screen cap come from
      "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
        Very interesting where did the screen cap come from
        The Tricell magical delete all is from the ending of Biohazard: Degeneration.

The photo with Irving was part of the Remote Desktop.

Comment

I haven't seen Degeneration in a long time but wasn't it the Senators computer that the info was deleted from?

Comment

One can assume that they killed off Davis too.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
              I haven't seen Degeneration in a long time but wasn't it the Senators computer that the info was deleted from?
              Yeah. The same happens to Ryan.

Comment

Maybe there's a link between Ryan and Davis?

Comment

There's no link. Davis was killed because he had critical information about WilPharma due to being a prominent stockholder and officially a special advisor. Tricell bought WilPharma, so it was in their interests to cut any links to WilPharma's involvement with bioweapons. Davis knew about it, so they killed him.

It's a similar situation with Ryan, only he was killed because he was the central figure behind the Kijuju operation, and had most of the evidence that would implicate Tricell.

Comment

Oh okay weren't there other government officials invested in WilPharma

Comment

That we know of; just Davis.

Comment

So many potshots at me, please continue they do entertain.

RE5 makes 2009 impossible, so it is 2008. Any promotional material or guides created to make and milk fans that say 2009 are just contradicting the main source.

This is all in the same vein as Star Wars expanded universe material, some great and interesting stuff but movies trump it all and anything that contradicts it is wrong either partly or fully, even if it is just one movie (game incase of RE5) and there are several expanded universe books that say different.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

It depends on Chris's exact birth date I guess if in July 1998 Chris is 25 and he's 35 in re5 then it should by the numbers be 2008 unless Chris was born on the dates after his kijuju investigation and July 28

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                            So many potshots at me, please continue they do entertain.

RE5 makes 2009 impossible, so it is 2008. Any promotional material or guides created to make and milk fans that say 2009 are just contradicting the main source.

This is all in the same vein as Star Wars expanded universe material, some great and interesting stuff but movies trump it all and anything that contradicts it is wrong either partly or fully, even if it is just one movie (game incase of RE5) and there are several expanded universe books that say different.
                            You seem to be ignoring that people are generally born in what are called 'months'. Biohazard 5 takes place in March, that's extremely early. You're ignoring another 9 potential months where the characters birthdays could fall on.

Also; http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...rd-Archives-II

In 2009, immediately before putting the variant Plaga Type 2 and Type 3 on the black market, Irving held a demonstration/operational test to ensure the product met customer satisfaction. The latest Type 3 variant was administered to the 'Ndipaya' indigenous peoples living in the marshlands near the oil fields. He falsely portrayed it as a vaccine against an infectious disease. While women and children died immediately, men first lost their ability to think rationally and then transformed into beasts with heightened physical abilities and violent tendencies.
                            Try, try again. Biohazard expanded material is not Star Wars expanded material. Biohazard material is written by the developers, or lifted from design notes during the game's development. Star Wars is written by other people entirely.

Also, going on record to say that Biohazard supplemental material is non-canon, and that the games (the English versions of the games, no doubt) are the one true source of information? LOL. You shouldn't bother acknowledging that the series has a storyline if that's your attitude.

The Umbrella Corporation hatches a plan to force scientists whose visions for the company are not in line with its own, to form recovery squads and capture Gs. These scientists, however, revolt and administer the G-Virus to themselves and undergo the G-Virus transformation.
                            These scientists-turned-monsters, in their retaliation, nearly destroy the Umbrella Corporation. This dispute would later trigger the beginning of the explosive T-Virus outbreak that would infect all of Raccoon City.

This is canon to you I suppose.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 03-15-2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

On the argument of whether re5 takes place in 2009

I'm not saying the sources are right but it is said Chris is born 5/20/1973 according to that re5 most definitely took place 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X