[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
    eheheh, they kill the Hunters with one hit, and yes, there are also the standard one (green), and also yes, I've found them in the room 717 LIBRARY B, solve the puzzle, and here they are, you have then to jump to the room 715 STUFFED ROOM, solve the puzzle, descend the stairs (remember to do that) and then warp to the 6xx tiger room
    Mind posting some screens of your flag menus? Would be interesting to see how it's changed from a near fresh file to a semi complete one.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
      Mind posting some screens of your flag menus? Would be interesting to see how it's changed from a near fresh file to a semi complete one.
      Good idea!
      Comparing them could help us creating an all events done cheat with ease!

Something else, does saving on the memorycard actually work on epsxe?
      I am asking, because on the PSP the game does not want to save my progress onto the virtual memorycard.

I can actually use the typewriter and create a file in any of the slots, but when I restart the game the slots will be empty again...
      Using a cheatdevice to import .mcr files from the retail Biohazard which I played on epsxe long time ago works fine tough...

Edit:
      Forget about the memorycard problem!
      It looks like my virtual memorycard ran out of free blocks.
      (I happen use one memcard file for ALL my PSX EBOOTS, wasn't a good idea, I guess)
      Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-01-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
        More on the Flag menu.

Go into debug menu and activate Flag View Mode, hold CIRCLE to move the green cursor with the d-pad, use L1+Circle to switch menu. I'm not sure exactly what these are, but they appear to be milestones, maybe even potential "dip switches." They change with progess, these screens were taken after fifteen or so minutes play with Chris. You can see you have things like item flags which might indicate what items you have, or potentially can have. It'll be interesting to see how these change through the progress of the game and especially interesting if you can manipulate them your self.

R2+Circle to change the values! Not sure why I didn't figure that out sooner. :/ Still not sure what it does though, if anything at all.
        Fixed.
        Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-01-2011, 05:41 PM.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• The Dumdum Rounds was already loaded when I've done the savestate, because the first time I've tried to empty the standard magazine into a Hunter the first died with 2 shots, and the second at the third shot made the emulator crash.

Save works as normal on epsxe, now I'll try to analyze the disc.
          Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-01-2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Thanks! They are most certainly milestones. I can confirm that item flags become checked (or unchecked perhaps) with every item you pick up, if you keep the menu open when you pick up an item off the field you can see exactly which item corresponds to which flag. For example, in your picture, all the zeros correspond to all the individual items you've picked up off the field...

For now I have to go to bed, but tomorrow I'll start a play through and try and pay close attention to each of the menus to see what corresponds to what. Some are pretty self expanatory, like scenario flag, but I'm curious to see what things like room flag or use flag actually represent.

I'm thinking now this menu might have been used for diagnostic purposes in case any errors were encountered they could see the exact conditions the game was in when the error occured, making it easier to locate and fix the problem...
            Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Right, since there seems to have been no enemy swap codes yet (and I lack the time to traul through memory finding the codes), I took the 0804 Cerberus and the 1004 Chimera and ported them to the PC version (obviously using the original PCs animation sets).

oh yeah to get them to work, just dump the files into the RESIDENT EVIL\USA\Enemy folder. If you want them for Jill, just rename them to EM11**.

Would be interesting to see if they actually have AI in their respective builds.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Enrico Marini; 04-01-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Enemy swaps seem to only work via RDT edits, I tried enemy swaps on the fly before but it only effects the AI not the loaded enemy model, i'll give it another bash though.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• New stuff?
                  Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-01-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Find the enemy code in memory whilst in the room and use Cheat Engine or what ever to freeze that byte, leave and re-enter the room. Hopefully, well most times I've done this, the game won't crash and apon reentering a room it should load in the correct model.

Is this new?
                    Don't remember seeing that before. Looks like the los illuminados symbol on the front. xD
                    Last edited by Enrico Marini; 04-01-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• PSP Version, confirmed working with 6.20 on the PSPgo using TN-D. Make sure your PSP can play custom games.

Download : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RS29JS1S

Comment

• Sorry Enrico I've added another picture when you was writing.

I've forget to say before, check the laboratory to find something unusual to see, in the room where there are the naked zombies (down the stairs) "that" surprised me.

Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-01-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                          Fixed.
                          I said to hold circle.

can't wait to actually play through this thing properly.
                          Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• That key posted a page back is the Lab Key / Master Key that Wesker drops if Rebecca is dead. It opens the pathway to the elevator in the labs so you can escape when the triggering sys doesnt go off.

Also, thats the LOG texture, cool stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              That key posted a page back is the Lab Key / Master Key that Wesker drops if Rebecca is dead. It opens the pathway to the elevator in the labs so you can escape when the triggering sys doesnt go off.

Also, thats the LOG texture, cool stuff!
                              Oh, never seen before, because I just jumped into the Tyrant room and wesker dropped it, then I've tried to kill the Tyrant with the knife and he, after 10-20 hit made the killing move and the game crashed, maybe for overflow.
                              For the computer screen I think it's different, or maybe I remember wrong.

Unused backgrounds

STAGE1: nothing

STAGE2:

The first two I'm not sure if was already on retail, but I think yes, the last one is always funny to see it.
                              Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-01-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Middle one was, I think the first one was too, but I cant recall for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X