[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found something else!
    In Room 309 ("Dark Passage") you can actually find a Fuel Cannister for the Flamethrower near the Generator Puzzle!

Also with R2 and L2 on the 1st controller you can freeze the game and use a frame by frame advance function!
    Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-02-2011, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Now, i can play Chris like Hulk... :'D

LOL
      I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• Wasn't there an ink ribbon in that hole? Nice to see the fuel canister location popping up too. In RE1 and 2 there's quite a bunch of unused ammo items.

But more importantly, how/why did the naked zombie get in the hole? Trying to shield himself from other zombies while still in the process of mutating? How was the hole created?

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
          First pict is when your character enter's Yawn's lair, nothing beta there. Third one is definitively beta/unused. Second one, I am not sure... maybe it was used in an early build but I don't think it was part of the retail version
          I mean in the retail disc as leftover, not used in the retail as background

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
          Has anyone been to the Guardhouse room with the Spiders and the Bar+Pool Table+Pinball Machine yet?
          I certainly don't recall ever hearing that music track play there (or anywhere else for that matter) in the final build...

Also check this out:

(That guy is never seen "sleeping" in the hole in the retail version - you'll find an item (Director's Cut only?) there instead)
          Check my post, http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...&postcount=161

It was refer to that exact scene

Status Flag (continue)

Forth Row First Column

10000000 (simulates ladder, if you press square the character descend them, can broke the backgrounds)
          00000100 (with that you can see the third bit change to 1 when the background changes, then return to 0 when it's loaded)
          01000000 (in some rooms make the character "crazy", no way to disable) + it's the "move object" bit, if you try to push something it switch to 1, if you do it manually in a room where there is something to move the character starts the animation then it sets itself to 0
          00000010 (3D and layer objects start to shake, tried in the dining room 2nd floor)
          00000100 (stretch the background, tried in the dining room 2nd floor)

First Row Second Column

00010000 (soft reset, restarts from the Capcom logo)

00001000 (timer, with seconds and cent counted backward)

00000010 (disables the layers on the backgrounds)
          before: after:
          Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-02-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• The beta freezes everytime I pick up an item. Anyone knows how to fix it?
            Last edited by aris13; 04-02-2011, 07:34 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
              Check my post, http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...&postcount=161

It was refer to that exact scene
              I'm sorry, I didn't want to steal your show...
              I was so busy posting my discoveries that I didn't really check the previous posts if the hole was mentioned already.

Anyways, the flag display debug seems to be a really powerful tool!
              I'm sure there's many a good thing to discover thanks to that!

I also think that someone should compare the memory of the Trial Edition with the memory of this build!
              That way it might be possible to find differences which refer to the debug menu and which pointers and byte flags have to be set in order to access it in other builds! (Assuming that the debug menu is actually included in the Trial Edition, but that can be checked easily by searching the memory for the debug menu text)

I am doing a bit of comparing with the psxrel debugger right now!
              I'll keep you guys updated if I find something!

Edit:
              Debug menu control seems to be located next to where the actual menu text is stored!
              If you set B1F41 to 0A you'll make the normal menu appear, other menus appear when you mess with the 0A's at this address and next to it...
              I bet we can access different menus by editing this somehow, but currently I just get a weird message in Kanji which is probably an error report...

B1F41 = Current Debug Menu
              B9CD4 = Debug Menu On/Off (Thanks to kevstah2004)
              BC738 = Value for Event Test

Oh look, Chris is walking on the edge of the screen:
              Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-02-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• It sets the last row from 11111111 to 00000000 when you read something.

And this when you move something and pick stuffs

To stop the enemies 11111011, to stop the character 11111110 in the last row of the Stop Flag

For now I've not found what flag sets that you have already pick that object in a room

Edit (sorry for all those edits lol)

The Enemy Flag and the Item Flag (the ones I'm testing right now) works only if you leave and reenter the room that you are modifying the values.
                Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-02-2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• I was just playing around with the scenario flags and common flags (great fun reminds me of xenogears mappara stuff). Are the zombies in this room in any of the final versions? Don't remember ever fighting anything in here.

Comment

• Good work guys! Got some messing aroud to do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                      I'm sorry, I didn't want to steal your show...
                      I was so busy posting my discoveries that I didn't really check the previous posts if the hole was mentioned already.
                      Was just to say: you found what I'm talking about in that post ;)

Oh look, Chris is walking on the edge of the screen:
                      Zombies can't catch you if you walk vertically
                      Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-02-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• I wonder if we will see yet another debug build of Biohazard anytime soon...
                        To my knowledge there is another near final build in circulation which has not been released yet...

Comment

• Is there a way to fix the textures popping in and out on epsxe? I've seen footage, I'm guessing is direct capture from a PSX and this doesn't happen...

Comment

• Scream, yep, Jerome found that out ;) If you light the fireplace to reveal the map then come back into the room later, they are there.

Comment

• The 3 PDEMO?.DAT files are for Chris only and show him battling on the staircase landing, the AI script of the 2nd one is awful he's shooting into space the 3rd one he get's killed walking backwards into a zombie, I think the zombie acid killed him instantly.
                              Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-02-2011, 10:42 AM.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Scream, I made a video about these zombies a few years ago:
                                Une astuce peu connue pour faire apparaitre des zombies dans une piece ou ils ne sont pas censes vous affronter... ;-)+++++++English speaker+++++++To see the...

To see the 2 zombies in the chimney room, here is what you basically need to do:
                                - grab the lighter, light up the wood inside the chimney
                                - exit the room
                                - enter several other rooms or go downstairs and enter one room
                                - come back in the chimney room
                                - fight with the 2 zombies

There will be only 2 zombies, and only once.

This trick work with both Chris and Jill.
                                Last edited by imacwesker; 04-02-2011, 10:43 AM.
                                Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Working...
                                X