No announcement yet.

[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the MAXIMUM coverage of this specific sample build is fake too!?

Oh those conspiracies...
    I wonder when the aliens will show up on this forum...

Edit:
    Look, I'm sorry but seriously, this whole fake alpha build story just seems unbelievable to me.
    I mean if it were real, just why in the world would anyone cause such a mess?
    Where's the point in doing that?

Edit2:
    You don't want to tell me that drx, the famous prototype collector is either another victim of a huge prank or part of the group behind the prank, do you?
    He was involved in the release, you know...

And he acknowledged that image I posted with the Alpha 0.02 Preview disc from Capcom on it if I remember correctly...
    Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-14-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• No
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• ^You've got to be kidding me. @Kevstah.

Also, let's pretend this is a formal warning, since I have better things to do with my Friday evening than listening to conspiracy theories and drama, but you might want to address things you've been asked about.

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
        Isn't it possible that Capcom themselves removed the Japanese audio for this specific preview?
        The preview was given to western magazines so there wasn't much of a point in Japanese voiceacting anyways...
        Common thing, especially in the early 90s, were companies not using their mastering labs for duplication of discs that were sent to their distributors and to magazines for previewing. Especially when dealing with home office -> local branch -> magazine type of distribution (unavailability of a proper mastering lab). Old personal CD writers and accompanying software from the early and mid-90s don't handle recognition of Mode 2 format discs and XA properly, so they'll write everything as Mode 1, causing a loss/corruption of certain types of data that is not essentially crucial to the playback of the disc. While hardware plays it fine (sans stuff such as obviously broken audio), certain types of emulators don't handle it very well unless it's back-converted to the appropriate standards (whether or not the data is actually corrupt is irrelevant in those cases. The emulators just refuse to playback the disc simply because of how duct-taped and inaccurate their emulation of the target hardware actually is.)

Sadly, a likely truth such as that isn't nearly as exotic or exciting as "Shinji Mikami was at a pub, I bought him a few beers and he crashed at my place. As a thanks, he started re-coding a few Resident Evil betas for me! He then pulled out 20 floppies from his bag with Japanese audio data even! Just for me! But before he left he went all 'Kuso! Kono audio data wa hontoni kurapo desu!' and we agreed to erase it together so we'd preserve the mystery and magic of it. Then he waved me farewell and made me swear not to ever tell anyone the truth of our secret meeting."

Besides, what's the point (for the person these builds came from) to remove certain data from them?
        (I understand that it's sometimes done to protect anonymity if there were employees named on the disc or something like that but that has just nothing to do with audio files)
        It'd be pretty pointless + there are better ways of doing such things (Baldur's Gate on PS1 comes to mind)

And he acknowledged that image I posted with the Alpha 0.02 Preview disc from Capcom on it...
        I can (re-)confirm that the picture you posted is indeed of the genuine article.
        Last edited by Carnivol; 04-08-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• You've all been played for years, yeah where stil waiting for you to release that mod MarkGrass is Dot50Cal's personal alpha / beta faker, he patched the trial edition debug menu back into the retail re4 also for making those fake beta builds Dot50Cal can't do anything without MarkGrass's file format knowledge, lol

You want a picture of the MarkGrass the person who likes to wierdly play up to the image that he's a hermaphrodite search bioflames you'll see him with a white Jason mask on.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004
            Enrico for example has done some ps1 programming
            You are mistaken there. I've rarely touched the PSX versions of RE simply because the PC ones are a lot easier to access. Wouldn't even begin to know where to start with programming.

And as far as I can see the Alpha builds are genuine from looking through the models/textures, unless some professional artist with god like skills imitated the art style and painting technique used in RE1, which I don't see as likely. Every one has a different way of doing something, so it should stand out like a sore thumb if someone imitated the texturing. But even the Alpha Cerberus doesn't look out of place compared to the finalised.

Comment

• This is one of the greatest threads I have ever read through.
              See you in hell.

Comment

• Okay. That's it. Dunno what crawled up your ass, but enough is enough.

This has gone beyond ridiculous now. Your accusations are now just borderline spam and grasping at straws in such a retarded manner that it's almost making me wanna kill myself just so I don't have to live anymore in the same timeframe as you do.

I might have my own beef with Mark and various other people (every now and then), but no one gets to throw around shit like that. That's just low.

Comment

• Respect levels for kevstah2004 declining at an accelerated rate... destruction imminent.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• You post because we allow it, and you will be banned because we demand it.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Testing a new file-type attachment.

Yeah. This just went beyond silly. Can we try to get this thread back on track now?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I should go.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Can we try to get this thread back on track now?
                          I guess we can close this case then?
                          I'll go back to code hacking now, I still have some flags to find! (Or rather sometime tomorrow, I'll have to catch some sleep after all this)

Doing that should be more interesting than making vague assumptions about stuff.
                          I really wonder what went wrong with kevstah tough, he did not act like this before.

Oh well, you'll never be able to truly understand what goes on in ones mind at times...
                          Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-08-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Woah a bunch of shit went down in here.... and all BS of course.

Well back to the beta/alpha....

I find it interesting in the8/4/95 build that you can not blow off a Zombies head with the shotgun by aiming up. You get random headshots with the shotgun when readied at the hip.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                              I really wonder what went wrong with kevstah tough, he did not act like this before.
                              I concur, shame; he was a good code hacker aswell.

Comment

• What the hell happened here?! Wow...

Comment

Working...
                                X