Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why is Gold Edition apparently unchanged for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why is Gold Edition apparently unchanged for me?

Finally got RE5 Gold Edition in the mail today. Put it in, and apparently the 360 sees it as just "RESIDENT EVIL 5" and when I play (with my completed RE5 save) it does not give me any of the extra features. What? I just played the game from start up until Chapter 3-2, and didn't receive anything about Lost In Nightmares. I don't have Xbox Live right now, and I notice that there is a Game Add-On Content thing at the back of the instruction manual. Do I seriously need Live for this shit when it's all meant to be readily unlock-able on the disc?
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Yup. 360 version doesn't have a remastered disc like the PS3 does (or maybe it has the title updates included and the latest dashboard update, not entirely sure). You need to enter the redeem code(s) to download the DLC.

Comment

What a load of shit. Tried the redeem code. "Invalid". Ugh. How do I get past this now?

Comment

Bought it second hand or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          Bought it second hand or something?
          Looks that way.

Comment

You should had bought the PS3 Gold version, I did that because I've three 360 versions (Promo, Normal and Steelbook Ed.). Advice? Sell it on eBay.

Comment

What's the price for the DLC set now anyway? 960 MS Points for DLC + 400 for Versus + Free Extra Figures DLC? (Requiring a total of 1,1gb of free space or something)

Comment

I bought the PS3 version as well, but I need the 360 version in order to record the LiN and DE cutscenes in HD through HDMI. With the PS3 version I'm limited to component.

Comment

the only reason why i bought the DLC on XBL was because it was on sale, otherwise i probably never would have gotten it. no way in hell i'll pay over 800 MP for a chapter that lasts about 2 hours.
                  Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

The PS3 version of Gold Edition is the better release to have, if only because you're getting all the content on disc. There's no concerns about DLC and codes to redeem.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

I ended up with a copy of RE5 Gold Edition for the 360, because my girlfriend gave to me. I thought I would make a good item for my collection of RE, since the box packing looks very nice. Really bad that it was just a RE5 regular edition inside, they didn't even care in putting the new manual like in the PS3, and since I already own the whole DLC, on my hard drive... so bad...

Comment

Ouch that sucks. Sell it and take some of the earnings for the DLC if you already have RE5 regular on 360.

Comment

I was thinking of getting the GE for 360, just for the copy and packaging. Already have a limited for 360 and a GE for PS3.

But yeah, I remember going to gamestop on RE:GE release day and seeing it was a download code. When I asked the cashier if that meant I needed Live he said yup..

I said horse shit and walked out

Comment

Working...
                          X