I got my 10 year old sister into RE :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silent Hill for the PSX?
    I just thought about how I would've reacted to playing that game as a kid...
    That game is the creepiest thing I've ever played on a Playstation console and at least twice I almost quit playing when something freaky happened.
    (Like that one room in the hospital where you can hear random glass breaking sounds even though the room is completely empty. That one still gives me nightmares when I think about it)

You've got to play this game in a completely dark room with nobody else around, otherwise you'll miss out on a lot of it's "charm", trust me.
    It scares me even nowadays when I play it on my PSP with the lights in the room off.

Had I played anything even close to SH at the age of 10 I'd probably be some kind of dangerous psycho freak by now...
    As much as I love Resident Evil, when it comes to the scare factor Silent Hill beats it in every way imaginable...
    (I am talking about the old style RE's, RE4 and RE5 even more so are not scary, not at all!)

Honestly, if parents allow their kids to play Silent Hill at any age the word "kid" implies they must be out of their mind!
    (Or they just don't have a clue what the game is about)

Well, in many cases parents don't give a **** about which games their kids play and most of these kids get their 18+ games from "other" sources anyways!
    (I can tell, because I actually did when I "acquired" my first Resident Evil)
    Last edited by Upaluppa; 03-31-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Now Silent Hill is a game I would not show to any child. There is quite a difference between RE and SH, the latter is simply a game you would not show to a child.
      Freedom of Information.

Comment

I certainly agree that Silent Hill is a worse game. As I said, I know at least two people who got the phone scene in the school and refused to touch a Silent Hill game ever again. They were so badly freaked out by a phone call that couldn't have happened.

Comment

Working...
        X