• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slant Six tweeted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
      Slant Six tweeted it.
      Even more reason to take it as unreliable.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        It actually says: "A distinguished family that has been in Raccoon City for many years."

"The key's designed with an emblem of the Spencer Family, whose history is as old as Raccoon City", is what it says on the North American version which is what I went by.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          VGChartz are bullshit, from what I recall. Wait for the NPD.
          That's what I said before...

wait for the NPD charts....

...So that Kawata gets vindicated.

He was right, y'know. People do want a CoD RE game and care little for Survival-Horror. At least, that's the message Capcom will get from this latest effort (and especially, the shareholders. Who will say: "make more of them, Caps!" "SEQUEL! SEQUEL!" "and ADD ALICE FROM THE MOVIES to the sequel!")

The irony.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

• Those are actually pretty low numbers to be honest.

Comment

• Just solo'd professional without any actual partners. I gotta say...that's probably my biggest disappointment. The hardest difficulty wasn't really...that hard. There were some troublesome spots in the late game when the hunters are falling from the sky and the tanks knock out a good chunk of the health...but aside from that I simply stim'd with Bertha and dashed ahead to safety if need be, letting the AI be damage sponges. In all honesty...the AI only acted stupid once or twice, but usually it was because I was progressing and it wanted to slaughter every last zombie on screen, even the ones that were across the map.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Regardless of chart, first week means little unless the numbers are some sort of sales record. It's the second week that will really tell the story.

Rented ORC out today, will give it a shot when I get home. See what all the fuss is about.

Comment

• ORC's not really doing the numbers they wanted...

Call of Duty did 161 thousand it's first week....on the PC. On the PS3 and 360 it did over 7 million it's first week. Just in the States.

Resident Evil 5 sold twice as many it's first week in the US.

The only sad is it's out sold Revelations. Hopefully Capcom will bear in mind that Revelations is stuck on a handheld with limited units out there, but...

Comment

• Ouch...I thought Revelations was still ahead by a bit too.Fuckign CoD games.

Comment

• As much as I'd love to jump on the direct hate wagon on that, Capcom expected major sales of 5-6 million for RE5 for the year after it's release, the ORC ones were 2 million for the 12 months from release (adjusted after the game got pushed back from 2.5 million).

Simple math says if RE5 sold twice as much in it's first week but it's expectations were 3 times higher then Capcom is probably pleased with ORC if the numbers are accurate. Which is why I still maintain the second week is the more telling.

I expect ORC won't have the legs RE5 had on simple logic, but it'll be the numbers that show it.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 03-29-2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Orc just lowered the standards for future RE games...Well, time to try to make a survival horror flash game to keep myself sane...

Comment

• I thought Capcom expected it to soar to the moon on a giant wave of CoD player cash?

But yeah, apparently Revelations only did 110,268 in the US full stop...so this news is kinda sad.

Comment

• Capcom continues to state they want the sort of numbers that CoD and other action titles get but they have to be happy to reach good numbers anyway. RE5 while selling well obviously still reached 6 million. Expectations met yes, but obviously the best in the franchise needs to grow better.

Capcom's going to come out and aim for at least 8 million for RE6 I expect and I think we're going to see a marketing blitz to go with it the likes of we've never ever seen before from them.
                            Last edited by Rombie; 03-29-2012, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• The CoD numbers were in regards to RE6, with ORC acting partially as a gateway game. And they're treating RE6 as the bigger title. Aside from the obvious note that main sequels have higher expectations and more attention than spin offs, Slant Six in all likelihood has nowhere near as many resources as what RE6 is expected to have. Especially in terms of how many people are supposed to be working on it.

Comment

• Would not surprise me if RE6 first week sales outsell all of ORC sales up to RE6s release.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X