No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for Claire <3 I like how Leon sees the USS team and instantly knows to run away from them...perhaps before he rescues Claire when he first arrives in the city they already pursue him or something...otherwise it doesnt make sense for rookie boy to see armed people and run away, given his RE2 "IM THE ONLY COP LEFT ALIVE NOW IM SAVING THE WOOOOORLD AND EVERYONE IN IT" attitude. At least...I'm hoping he has an encounter with them before Claire. But since this isnt canon and doesnt really matter anyway...meh. Claire <3
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• I pretty much figured he'd seen a bunch of people charging at him, clad like they've just escaped a BDSM convention, and thought, 'They're going to ruin my manly asshole, I am getting the fuck out of here before they take my bowel control from me.' Honestly, the more I see, the more the plot just annoys the piss outta me. I thought Umbrella Chronicle's and Darkside Chronicles would be the height of fucking up the return to Raccoon City...

Comment

• Leon apparently carries a Samurai Edge now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          Leon apparently carries a Samurai Edge now.
          He carried it in Darkside Chronicles for a while too. And he carried Ada's gun in the first ORC trailer.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            Leon apparently carries a Samurai Edge now.
            Yeah I noticed that he wasn't using the VP70.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              He carried it in Darkside Chronicles for a while too. And he carried Ada's gun in the first ORC trailer.
              Yeah, in the early trailers and gameplay footage, both Leon and Claire carried Samurai Edges. Ada was also armed with her M93R that she carried in Umbrella Chronicles. Later on, and in the final game, Leon had his VP70, Claire her Browning HP, and Ada had a Glock.

Now with ORC, Leon started with a Glock, but now he has a Samurai Edge. I wonder if he carries the Glock in cutscenes, but in gameplay he has the SE. Interestingly, that's how it was with Chris in DSC. In cutscenes, he had his Glock from CODE: Veronica, but in gameplay, it was his Samurai Edge.

Comment

• Leon sounded different this time around. I'm starting to wonder if returning VAs just voiced for promos and not the actual games themselves. Case in point Patricia Ja Lee in Revelations.

Other than that this looks promising. It's not pretending to be horror or trying to force itself onto the canon. As an alternate universe spin off it offers straight up co op action in a battle zone with RE sprinkled all over. Now this game can merge the classic enemies with the new game play for a good time with your friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  I pretty much figured he'd seen a bunch of people charging at him, clad like they've just escaped a BDSM convention, and thought, 'They're going to ruin my manly asshole, I am getting the fuck out of here before they take my bowel control from me.' Honestly, the more I see, the more the plot just annoys the piss outta me. I thought Umbrella Chronicle's and Darkside Chronicles would be the height of fucking up the return to Raccoon City...
                  Imagine for a moment that you have just entered a city where, unbeknowest to you, the entire place has been riddled with a huge outbreak where zombies have devoured the natives. You see armed people (at a fair bit of distance down a road in the dark) coming your way, and *gasp* they have guns! From the distance you can also see that they look to be wearing facial gear to protect from potentially toxic air. Will you, with no knowledge of who they are, run from them? They could be (insert country name here) special forces to help evac civilians, since you have no idea that the company trusted worldwide is behind the outbreak. Most sane people would most likely run toward such people.

Hence my original statement: I wonder if Leon has a prior meeting with the USS that prompts him to fear them. Personally, I dont think the uniforms look anything like what you'd find in an S&M store, unless leather is now solely used by those who practice S&M and no other person is allowed to even tough it unless you're about to get on your knees and say "Please mistress beat your filthy maggot". And let's be honest...save for the nonplayable RPD officers and Hunk's group, no one apart of any sort of special forces group actually had a uniform. A uniform is, after all, meant to be the same for all people and create a sense of unity. They had clothes with varying states of protection that just so happened to be slapped with a logo of some sort. Also...its dark, on a street, at a fairly good distance away. How can Leon know that those people meant him harm just by seeing people with guns. Kendo pulled a gun on him, and Ada shot at him as well, but he approached both of them. Yes, granted they looked like normal people, but again...even Jill, who is much more intelligent and experienced (at this point) than Leon, approached Carlos and Nicholai (even though she knew not to trust Umbrella) because she knew she had to survive.

And lastly....let's be honest. If you're surrounded by zombies and see an enemy aiming at your face with a gun...which way would you rather die: eaten alive and get turned into a zombie, or shot in the head and die quickly with probably little pain?
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    http://www.oxm.co.uk/27280/news/slan...vil-storyline/ - It's from the Creative Director minion in Slant Six, true, but since Slant Six are the ones actually making the game and Capcom are simply hovering in the background, occasionally gesturing at the big sack with a $ on it, I'm inclined to listen. I truly hope it's wrong, though, because if it's non-cannon I'll be a lot more forgiving of it's fuck ups.
                    I don't think it is just Slant Six working on this game alone. It was said somewhere, in an interview I think, that people that worked on Resident Evil Outbreak are involved in this project as well. But besides that, I never thought that Slant Six was working on this game alone. Capcom must be working closely alongside them. I'm sure the cutscenes are being done by Capcom, and I'm sure there are guidelines that have to be followed, since this is Capcom's franchise. It's more like a two-company project, except that they are letting Slant Six handle the gameplay aspects of the game.

The custscenes are fine. There is nothing wrong with them at all. The gameplay I'm not sure about. It's okay I guess, but it's about time we got some damn footage. You can't tell shit about a game from just cutscenes.
                    Last edited by RetroRain; 06-08-2011, 11:20 PM.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                      Imagine for a moment that you have just entered a city where, unbeknowest to you, the entire place has been riddled with a huge outbreak where zombies have devoured the natives. You see armed people (at a fair bit of distance down a road in the dark) coming your way, and *gasp* they have guns! From the distance you can also see that they look to be wearing facial gear to protect from potentially toxic air. Will you, with no knowledge of who they are, run from them? They could be (insert country name here) special forces to help evac civilians, since you have no idea that the company trusted worldwide is behind the outbreak. Most sane people would most likely run toward such people.

Hence my original statement: I wonder if Leon has a prior meeting with the USS that prompts him to fear them. Personally, I dont think the uniforms look anything like what you'd find in an S&M store, unless leather is now solely used by those who practice S&M and no other person is allowed to even tough it unless you're about to get on your knees and say "Please mistress beat your filthy maggot". And let's be honest...save for the nonplayable RPD officers and Hunk's group, no one apart of any sort of special forces group actually had a uniform. A uniform is, after all, meant to be the same for all people and create a sense of unity. They had clothes with varying states of protection that just so happened to be slapped with a logo of some sort. Also...its dark, on a street, at a fairly good distance away. How can Leon know that those people meant him harm just by seeing people with guns. Kendo pulled a gun on him, and Ada shot at him as well, but he approached both of them. Yes, granted they looked like normal people, but again...even Jill, who is much more intelligent and experienced (at this point) than Leon, approached Carlos and Nicholai (even though she knew not to trust Umbrella) because she knew she had to survive.

And lastly....let's be honest. If you're surrounded by zombies and see an enemy aiming at your face with a gun...which way would you rather die: eaten alive and get turned into a zombie, or shot in the head and die quickly with probably little pain?
                      All true, except Bertha. Her outfit is purely designed to reflect how sadistic she is. And yes, I have seen outfits that are very similar to hers being worn by a lady who like to whip people while wearing a gasmask. Also a dude, who does the same, which is slightly more disturbing....I know the most interesting people.

It's still a fair point, though. And given how this game seems to be going, the USS have probably been attacking him since he woke up that morning, in his home several miles outside Raccoon City, just in case the cops had sent an, 'Umbrella is evil, here's a ton of evidence' e-mail out to all the cops, even the rookie, without bothering to CC it to, say, the state department or a news station.

Although I suppose it's possible he's just heard on the radio that people are hunting cops clad in weird special forces gear, or he's fleeing because he's seen enough movies to know the government always tries killing everyone just to be safe.

As for the last point, I would have to take Leon's Option C - flee from both the flesh eating zombies and the lunatics with guns in the hope of not dying at all.

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                      I don't think it is just Slant Six working on this game alone. It was said somewhere, in an interview I think, that people that worked on Resident Evil Outbreak are involved in this project as well. But besides that, I never thought that Slant Six was working on this game alone. Capcom must be working closely alongside them. I'm sure the cutscenes are being done by Capcom, and I'm sure there are guidelines that have to be followed, since this is Capcom's franchise. It's more like a two-company project, except that they are letting Slant Six handle the gameplay aspects of the game.

The custscenes are fine. There is nothing wrong with them at all. The gameplay I'm not sure about. It's okay I guess, but it's about time we got some damn footage. You can't tell shit about a game from just cutscenes.
                      I may be wrong, but I think Capcom doesn't do the cut scenes. They hire a third party studio to them for them. I know they did on some of the earlier games, RE2 being the notable one there, because of the 1.5 cutscene thing.

As for how closely Slant Six and Capcom are working together...there's probably talk between the two, but other than correcting things, kaboshing ideas and giving instructions, I doubt Capcom is involved much. That's not how this normally works, for one...usually, two or three members of the big company advise the little one on how to make the game.

Secondly, and much more importantly, day to day work between the two would be nigh on impossible due to the language barrier. It's just not practical to have Capcom employees working on this game, and being unable to give it there all because even with good English skills on there part (or a good Japanese translator for Slant Six) there's still gonna be cock ups. Better to leave this to Slant Six, with Capcom's input, and have there own minions working on other titles.

Comment

• Small bits of four eyes controlling a hunter.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/06/08/...objectid=91253

Comment

• Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                          Some more (offscreen) gameplay of Raccoon City:
                          http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...nt-evil/715348

I gotta say, I'm loving the HD rendered Claire and Leon truck crash sequence from RE2 at the beginning, looks beautiful. I'm disappointed however that it doesn't seem like its the same street you start off on in RE2. I was hoping for perhaps a raid on Kendo's gunshop. Was also hoping for the players to chase down leon, but it seems they were having to much fun killing the endless amounts of zombies appearing.

EDIT: Also shows that you can turn into a zombie once your infection rate goes to high.
                          Lol, why was the truck driver black? Wasn't he white in the original?

Comment

• Shotgun and landmines, that's gonna be how I roll.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Oh dear. Basically, the producer thinks there's no difference between Japanese gamers and Western gamers. He's never run into a hentai dating sim where the main character is a guy turned into a girl whose whacky adventures involve being molested by his/her classmates and sister. I don't see many western game makers chugging those bad boys out...

ORC is also meant to be trying to get the old school RE gamer. He does accurately point out that people want the RE games to go in a new direction but...I'm not sure a team based, run and gun shooter with re-spawning which makes a cluster fuck of the canon and rams itself into the story was quite the direction most folks had in mind. In fact, 'Please sir, can we have some horror?' was what I was thinking, but such is life.

Comment

• Balls to the naysayers, I'm picking up this game purely so I can have some online games with my fellow Biohazard fans. That's the only reason really, plus for collection's sake I guess. Do we have a poll down for what platform everyone's getting it on? I recall there being one.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X