Chris in RE3 Mercenaries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris in RE3 Mercenaries?

I know he was in RE2 Dual Shock Edition as a extra but was he supposed to be in RE3 Mercs? I don't recall ever playing as him in RE3, this is from a certain SELECT.BIN ;-) of which I'll reveal more info on later, I'm not sure if the SELECT.BIN is used by the main game or mercs but it has no refrence to Jill which leads me to believe it's for mercs, MIKHAIL CARLOS NICHOLAI are referenced also.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Interesting!

Could be that he was just added here but not playable?
    Freedom of Information.

Comment

Or they recycled the code from RE2 Dual Shock and this bit snuck in, as it seems identical to the code in the PC RE2's Exe.

Comment

I'm gonna do a leftovers patch to bh3 psx hopefully i'll have it ready for wednesday, so make sure you have a image of it that matches http://redump.org/disc/10/ checksums ready, maybe it'll reveal some unseen stuff.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Why would he have an ink ribbon?
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Well here is the exact same bit in LeonP. The Ink Ribbon is because in ExBattle, you could save your game.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tofu who is also an RE2 character is still included in RE3, so perhaps the references to Chris are from a similar case of reusing old stuff?

Anyways, I can't wait to see what kind of things come up thanks to your editing!
              Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-03-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Great image Kevstah!

I had a big scare when I see this information during my translation of RE3-PC to Brazilian Portuguese, in 2009. But during my translation of RE2-PC I had worked with this information so I remember that.

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
                Well here is the exact same bit in LeonP. The Ink Ribbon is because in ExBattle, you could save your game.
                Yeah...
                This two information are the same so we can conclude this. Recycle code.
                Other clue is the 'non presence' of Chris Redfield's skin to Mercenaries Mode in CD image.

Comment

Working...
                X