Beta Guardhouse Reconstruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Guardhouse Reconstruction

I'm starting reconstructing the Beta Guardhouse following the Beta map and various pictures.

This is how I'm planning to do the Beta Guardhouse

This is the empty version, so you can suggest where those pictures belong, since is not a fact that they are where I've assigned them.

I'll try to not end in a total failure project

Good luck :-)
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

This looks awesome! Good work, wish I had the resources to try stuff like this! Will look forward to the results...

Comment

Thanks

Anyone have a link to the Resident Evil ReBirth prerendered backgrounds?

I can't find a way to extract them myself, I've read about Yu-Ri, but the one I've foun 0.99e doesn't support jpegs

I want to use them as quality and detail reference.
        Attached Files

Comment

http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2185 megaupload.com links are still active. Here's the latest Yu_Ri I have which was translated into english, Yu_Ri v0.99e doesn't mean english it's a version number you'll notice in earlier versions JPG an GIF are either missing or grayed out.
          It won't help you extract these gamecube backgrounds though as the GCN files have some compression added to them also.
          Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
            http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2185 megaupload.com links are still active. Here's the latest Yu_Ri I have which was translated into english, Yu_Ri v0.99e doesn't mean english it's a version number you'll notice in earlier versions JPG an GIF are either missing or grayed out.
            It won't help you extract these gamecube backgrounds though as the GCN files have some compression added to them also.
            OMG! Thank you, really, this helps me so much.

I also have the Japanese "e" version (I know it's a version letter, I've also the English c), but both doesn't have the .gif and .jpg

Well, judge from your own eyes

it works, thanks A LOT again

Comment

wow I didn't think it'd work, I thought .bgz files where compression, I stand corrected.

sigpic

Comment

...as seen above, the *.BGZ files are not compressed. The JPEG data contained within is 'different', however - CAPCOM used techniques called 'byte stuffing' and 'restart interval' for encoding, making them incompatible with PCs (unless converted).
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Good luck with your project, Sonic Blue

About the drawings you selected as references, I suggest you remove #5. This one doesn't fit at all the design of the other guardhouse sketches - walls, roof and ceiling are not only made of plain wood; the room itself is not in disarray; there are no traces of Plant 42 or its roots. In my opinion, this room is extremely similar to Chief Irons office in RE1.5 and I think it was a beta version of one of the 2 rooms you unlock when going back into the Mansion after defeating Plant 42: the one with the jevel in the stuffed animal or the one where you find a book with an hidden medal.

Also, #6 and #3 don't match the overall tone of the guardhouse (except maybe the pool area, where there are spiders). I always had the feeling that they show the future of the Mansion/Guardhouse, from RE Dash - but that's just me ;-)
                  Last edited by imacwesker; 04-06-2011, 09:44 AM.
                  Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

It'd be good as a replacement over the taxidermy room though.

sigpic

Comment

Wow, I never noticed how capcom likes to scrap awesome things like these backgrounds to use in further games, like Code Veronica.

Comment

Since there's not a kitchen, and there was an empty room, I've put it here

In the ReBirth, in the hive room, there is a little museum (sorta), what do you suggest, I use it as reference or I've to put something else?

The primitives are only as placeholder for measurements, there are a ton of details to add

Comment

I noticed that in the original game, Capcom, used Europen window style, then in ReBirth they maybe have remembered that the game was set in America

I've use the "new" layout for the window

Comment

Working...
                          X