Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help playing othr resident evil games....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help playing othr resident evil games....

ive played all the retails 1s that hav been released apart from survivor and chronicles (but i dont feel lik playin them), still playin outbreak but is ther any like any different versions of re1, re2 (demos etc) whatever ther is out ther to download...i jus need to play sutn different lol

soz if this is weird...cheers

Sorry but what!?
    I've read your post three times now and I just can't make out what your actual question is.

If you want to play demos/betas go here:
    http://www.hidden-palace.org/?updates/c/37
    For Bio1 alpha samples...

Here:
    http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8195
    For a Bio1 beta...

Here:
    http://www.biohazard1.com/main.htm
    For a Bio1 public demo...

Here:
    http://www.biohazard2.com/main.htm
    For a Bio2 public demo...

Or here:
    http://bioflames.com/miscsection6.htm
    For a Bio2 beta...

Nothing more to say, I guess.
    If you want retail games go buy em, right?

@Mods:
    If linking to these downloads is not allowed on the board let me know and they'll be gone immediately!
    From what I know it's fine as long as it's no retail builds I am linking to.
    Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-09-2011, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Don't worry - we can edit your posts when we don't approve. But both demos and betas are allowed to be linked. Only retail games (and movies) get you into trouble.

I suppose it would be good to have a list of the various demos and betas available for public consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        Don't worry - we can edit your posts when we don't approve. But both demos and betas are allowed to be linked. Only retail games (and movies) get you into trouble.

I suppose it would be good to have a list of the various demos and betas available for public consumption.
        Oh, that's good to know!
        I agree, some kind of official list would be nice to have!

For now I have listed the major PSX Biohazard betas/demos in my previous post.
        There are quite a few betas for "next gen" (compared to the PSOne) systems around, especially all those Resident Evil 4 builds but I have no clue where to find them.

I have a personal hate relationship with Resi4 and 5, so I never really bothered keeping an eye out for those betas/demos.
        Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-09-2011, 08:06 AM.

Comment

It's a good idea to make sticky thread with a list with download link (megaupload + mediafire for example) of the various Beta and of course Demos too

Comment

thansk for the links....im gonna chek out the Bio2 beta but it doesnt seem a major difference to it tho. thanks for the links.

any othrs i should chek out.

Sorry but what!?
            I've read your post three times now and I just can't make out what your actual question is.
            lol im sayin what othr re games can i play

Comment

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
              ive played all the retails 1s that hav been released apart from survivor and chronicles (but i dont feel lik playin them), still playin outbreak but is ther any like any different versions of re1, re2 (demos etc) whatever ther is out ther to download...i jus need to play sutn different lol

soz if this is weird...cheers
              Well, it's not Resident Evil, but you could check out Dino Crisis 1 and 2, as well as Parasite Eve 1 and 2. The 1st of both games are rather unique, but the 2nd of both games share a lot of similarities to the Resident Evil games. If "something different" is what you want, then this is where it's at I'd think.

Comment

Ah, Dino Crisis! I really like that game! It's Resident Evil with 3d rendered environments and dinosaur enemies.
                A shame that Capcom seems to have forgotten about the series long ago...

I just remember, the first Dino Crisis had some crates with the Umbrella logo on them!
                I always assumed that both series are set in the same universe, that would've been cool.
                The later DC titles made no mention of anything Resident Evil related tough.

Parasite Eve is based on a novel which I still haven't read yet...
                I should look for that book sometime, it might be worth a read!

Hey, thanks for reminding me of some old PSX favorites I have to play again!

Edit:
                Apparently Capcom is thinking about giving DC a reboot!
                I sure hope it will come to be! (And not turn out to be yet another RE4 clone)
                Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-10-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

They're great games that deserve playing! I just bought me self a PSX and PE2 (also got the PSX to play the betas on a TV), but I'm going to be playing through some other games. Another good series is Fear Effect. Again, I know it's not Resident Evil, but it's another game with pre rendered backgrounds (edit: in fact Fear Effect's backgrounds are animated) that could fall into the same genre of gaming, outside of survival horror. If you want something with the same gamplay style but with a different twist, then it's another good series to check out.
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-10-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

il be playing parasite 2 nxt...looks gd...numbr seems rpg...dont wanna play that.

i was playing dino crisis ut i was stuck and havent touchd it for a while lol

Comment

I just recently got to play Dino Crisis 1 and 2 as well as Parasite Eve II.

Dino Crisis 1 was awesome. It felt like RE without a doubt, although there are less enemies (but they are much stronger). I wasn't a fan of the enemies coming back to life, though - the only way you could stop this was using a really poisonous tranquilizer dart.

I didn't like Dino Crisis 2 as much. It was far more action-packed and had several frustrating moments in it. Killing dinosaurs for points was lame, as was the fact that in many areas the dinosaurs kept spawning until you killed a certain amount. That's not survival horror to me.

I haven't gotten a chance to play the original Parasite Eve, although I hear it has more RPG elements than survival horror. However, Parasite Eve II was amazing, and I actually liked the experience points and leveling up since it wasn't really overdone. The pre-rendered backgrounds mixed with RPG elements was interesting, compared to all the fantasy/medieval RPGs with aerial views out there. I like killing enemies when it's well-done, and obviously I like gaining rewards for doing so. PEII had a great story, cool locations, Aya Brea, and pretty accurate science. Seriously, reading the files in PEII shows you how much the developers did their biology homework - you don't see that in RE.
                      Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM.
                      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                      X