Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 2: Pre-Released v7a (Trial Edition Hack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
    You can actually access the torture room via one of the doors in the basement in this hack, if I remember correctly.
    But as you said yourself, there's no way of leaving the room once inside...

Anyways, give me a few minutes and I'll write you a step by step on how to relink the doors with a hex editor!
    Oh wow, thanks! Much, much appreciated!

Comment

Realigning doors in RE2! - Part 1

Wow, explaining this thing is a bit lengthier than I thought.
      It's such a small feat once you know how to do it by head but it takes ages to write all this down, so excuse my slowness in getting things posted...

NOTE: THE TUTORIAL IS NOT FINISHED YET - LOOK AT THE BOTTOM TO FIND OUT WHY!

Before starting:

1. Get yourself the newest version of CDMage from here:
      http://ftp.uevora.pt/pub/Mirrors/CDm...mage1-01-5.exe

2. Open your BH2 Trial Edition ISO in CDMage and select this option from the first listbox:

3. Click on "Detect" in the next window.

4. Save the .cue file for the image.

Now we're ready to start hacking:

1. Navigate to this folder on the disc:

2. Use this list for reference on which .RDT file corresponds to which room:
      RE2 RDT LIST.TXT
      (Keep in mind that this list was written for the final RE2 - Not all these rooms are actually included in the Trial Edition.)
      (The names for the included rooms are the same tough)

3. Ok, choose the room of which you want to relink a door to another room and right-click on it.

4. Choose the "Extract Files..." option and save it to a place of your choice.

5. Open the extracted RDT file in your hex editor.
      (If you don't have one, here's the one I have been using for ages now. It's enough to get the job done but feel free to use a different one if you like.)

6. Use this for reference while editing doors:
      DOORCODE.TXT
      (Many thanks to Enrico Marini for providing this info in his forum)

7. Use the search function of your hex editor and search for "3B000131" to find the first door code in your RDT file:

8. Starting from the "31" go 20 byte to the right to get to the Room Number (shortened as "RN" in the DOORCODE.TXT file I uploaded):

(This small stripe is actually an image link, so click it!)

Set this to another number to relink the door to another room.
      You get the room number from the RE2 ROOM LIST.txt:

You can get the stage number which is 1 byte left of the room number via the name of the RDT file, if it starts with 1 the stage is 00, If it starts with 2 the stage is 01 and so on!

Example:
      1010 0 01 KENDO GUN SHOP
      The RDT name is "ROOM1010", it starts with an 1 so it's stage is 00!

Try finding the first door of the Streets RDT (ROOM1000.RDT, it's the one I used in my pictures, by the way) in your hex editor and see if you can get the room number edited from 01 (default) to 05 (Back of RPD, Scenario B entrance) while I go and get some sleep before even attempting to write part two of this tutorial.

For comparison, here's the room number as it appears unedited, in the original 1000.RDT file:

And here's what it says in the hack which takes you to the back of the RPD, which I uploaded yesterday:

(Ignore the other differences in the door code for now, they'll follow in the 2nd part of the tutorial)

I'm sorry for being a such an unfriendly person to write half of a tutorial without finishing it but I still have a few other things to do, it's getting late now and I have to go to school tomorrow. I guess you won't hate me if I promise that I'll finish writing this sometime tomorrow after school, right?

Well, happy hacking then!
      I'll be back with (the more interesting and useful) part 2 tomorrow afternoon!

Oh, before I forget, if something is not clear (I am far from talented when it comes to explaining, I know) or doesn't seem to work for you don't hesitate to ask, ok?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-27-2011, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks man! I'll read this over in a bit. Don't worry about it! You're taking your time to help and I understand how lengthy it can be, it's much appreciated, take all the time you need!

One byte is one set of two characters right? So "0F" (for example) is one byte?
        Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Of bits and bytes...

Originally posted by geluda View Post
          Thanks man! I'll read this over in a bit. Don't worry about it! You're taking your time to help and I understand how lengthy it can be, it's much appreciated, take all the time you need!

One byte is one set of two characters right? So "0F" (for example) is one byte?
          No problem, I'll try helping out whenever I'm able to do so!

And this is correct, one byte is represented by a set of two characters in hexadecimal code.
          Each byte has a value ranging from 00 to FF in hex which corresponds to 00 - 255 in decimal.

So if I write that you should go 20 bytes to the right from your current position I mean that you count every two numbers you get across as one byte.

For example, let's say we have 21F3003768 somewhere in the hex code. These are 5 bytes.
          If you are standing on 21 and I say go 3 bytes to the right you'll find yourself standing on 37, ok so far?
          Might be confusing at first but I'm sure you'll get used to it!

I'm at school, right now, so I can't spend too much time on posting here (I am supposed to program some totally boring binary tree, actually) but I'll get back to my explanation once I am back home!
          Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-27-2011, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Finally got round to having a mess on, I did it! Unfortunately Leon's model isn't there and I can't do anything besides open the menu lol, so not without some technical problems lol, but I relinked the door for sure! What could be causing the freezing and stuff? Just trying to do this makes you appreciate all the hard work that goes into it when people take the time to hack and release things, so much going on. I'm going to have a mess around with the info you gave me, a lot of stuff there to tinker around with, not sure if I'll get anything working out of it though! Thanks for the help, can't appreciate it enough.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X