Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hideki Kamiya Interview - 'New' 1.5 info (Rejected Sub-Plot!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hideki Kamiya Interview - 'New' 1.5 info (Rejected Sub-Plot!)

From an interview with Hideki Kamiya in the BIOHAZARD 2 Official Guidebook. Pg. 257-262. The rest of the interview (40 questions in total) is being translated still.

Q21. The whereabouts of G was snatched from under the nose of William?

A21. Take a good look at Annette’s flashback scene and you’ll realize that William who went berserk took back all the G-virus samples and took them into his body through the mouth… In other words, he “ate” them. By the way, it’s believed that the G capsule which Hunk has in another scenario called “The 4th Survivor” was secured before it was eaten by William. As an outcome of that scenario, you may think that the G-virus was put into the hands of Umbrella by Hunk.
    Q24. S.T.A.R.S. members don’t appear…?

Q24. I thought we needed a new main character, especially from the previous game… We decided to make a whole new story and what meant most is that we needed an attractive character not less than the previous game.
    Q33. Tell us about the rejected design.

A33. We planned to entwine Ada’s lover “John” into the sub-story. He supported the main character from the shadows to make amends for his involvement in the evil plans of Umbrella while his own body was being attacked by “T-virus” and entrusted the player with “anti T-virus ammo” to pierce Tyrant with the final blow at the end, and died without meeting Ada… For the zapping mode, whether John survived until the end or died depended on the player… How about that one? Should I have done it?
    Other details in the interview thus far:

1) Sherry's name comes from a song by a band called 'The Four Seasons'.
    2) Irons stuffed the officers he killed. He also had Ben thrown in jail, and made up a crime.
    3) Irons and Kendo's names came directly from the first BIO HAZARD. Irons from the S.T.A.R.S. cards in the character selection screen,
    4) Brad Vickers was a coward and sided with Irons in response to S.T.A.R.S., that's why he's still there in BH3.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Holy crap, thanks for sharing. This is a little gold mine of info.

Comment

Sheeeeeeryyyyyyyyy (Sherry Baby~)
      Bayaybeeeeeee~ (Sherry Baby~)

I love that song.

As for everything else... wow. Irons... holy shit, he was more twisted than I thought.
      Last edited by Canas Renvall; 05-10-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Anti T-virus ammo? didn't Annette have something like that in darkside chronicles?

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
          Anti T-virus ammo? didn't Annette have something like that in darkside chronicles?
          Similar. She had anti G-virus ammo. That were completely pointless.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

The Anti T-virus ammo is probably the Antidote Grenade item found in the 1.5 item list.

Nice to have some confirmation about John finally. So it seems he was the same John who wrote the letter you find in RE1 after all. Would have had to explain how he was suppressing the virus for the 2 months since the mansion incident though. Probably had a vaccine that suppressed it until the T-Virus Antidote was made later (probably a choice that could save his life in 1.5, since the antidote for T and G virus is in the game). Could have been an interesting character if done well in the game, but I can see why they scrapped him for retail since he's not terribly important and the whole survived the mansion incident while infected for 2 months thing (unless the JP version of the RE1 file is different, which wouldn't surprise me considering other differences NB has pointed out before between US/JP stuff).

Nice to find info still "hidden" among old JP info. Hope there's some more good stuff in this interview. Would be nice to know if/how much different Linda was to Ada. And Marvin.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks News Bot
              Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
              So it seems he was the same John who wrote the letter you find in RE1 after all.
              Wow. I never ever thought he could be the same guy. I must be getting old And because I didn't think he was the guy from RE1's final lab, I made him an Afro-american in my movie

On the side note, it is interesting how some ideas from RE1.5 are reused in RE2, how some are scrapped (but reused later in other RE games) and some slightly changed (John replaced by Ada, for example).
              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

BIOHAZARD 2 Official Guidebook
                Please post a picture/ISBN/release date/publisher etc.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  From an interview with Hideki Kamiya in the BIOHAZARD 2 Official Guidebook. Pg. 257-262. The rest of the interview (40 questions in total) is being translated still.

...CUT
                  Thanks!
                  I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

Please post a picture/ISBN/release date/publisher etc.

Hope it will help.

Comment

Nice; Its always nice to read something new about past resident evil.

Comment

Interesting indeed!
                        Freedom of Information.

Comment

thx
                          I got this book in my collection.
                          Just most of these books are official books/navigation files etc.
                          But not many with +250 pages

Comment

Wait, so John, the Kendo guy, is the same John from BH1?
                            That's Amazing, "it was playing too much like BH1". FUCK IT!!!!!

Someone need to release this game

Comment

And William was transformed in a tyrant to the final battle???
                              That's weird...I've always thought he was going to transform into this...

Comment

Working...
                              X