Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE has to go back to be Survival horror again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stu View Post
    How is it "played out"? It's still making money, and still picking up largely favourable reviews. It may have been a slight step back from RE4, but to say it's played out is ridiculous.

Still, good to see you back, i guess three or four weeks is long enough in hiding from lying your face off about fake Capcom C&D's
    the 4 weeks that i was out was because i had to let go of the online for a while so i could pay other bills and fyi I looked into that C&D.My mod had nothing to do with that C&D they claimed that i had an PS1 ISO copy of RE3 on my pc which I didn't.So everything is good now.

now back to your second topic about when I said the action theme for RE is played out.I stick to my word.It is played out now.regardless if its still selling because of the casual gamers.Alot of the core RE gamers,myself included think that capcom needs to mix it up alittle.One horror themed RE title here and an action RE title there.Kinda like what they are doing now Operation RC and Merc's 3D are Action and Revelations is Survival Horror.They should just keep a mixed balence.
    Last edited by BrionIrons; 06-14-2011, 12:46 PM.
    sigpic
    www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

We don't matter to Capcom. Which is not to say this is a good idea...I've mentioned before that games like Zero only sold as well as they did because of the hardcore fanbase, and that the more fickle casual gamer won't be so tolerant of there fuck ups. But Capcom has managed to get into the casual gamer market, and as long as they hold that we would need to start pissing gold to get there attention.

Which isn't to say they aren't going to do something. I think it's interesting to see the first two titles they have on the 3DS are pure action and, supposedly, pure horror games. Maybe they're dipping there toes into different waters to see where the future lies for them? Then again, we have ORC, and the only way that can be more action is if it force fed you heroin and launched you directly into a giant mock up of Raccoon City every time you played.

Also, I'd drop the C&D thing. No one really believed it, and given what I know is on some guys here hard drives I doubt Capcom would bother wasting the ink and paper to send out a C&D for someone who has a illegal copy of a game you can legally get pretty cheap now, and Capcom themselves only provide via the PSN.

Comment

It's almost like he forgets he dropped the ball on here and the other RE modding forum by offering two different stories about how it was served

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          We don't matter to Capcom. Which is not to say this is a good idea...I've mentioned before that games like Zero only sold as well as they did because of the hardcore fanbase, and that the more fickle casual gamer won't be so tolerant of there fuck ups. But Capcom has managed to get into the casual gamer market, and as long as they hold that we would need to start pissing gold to get there attention.

Which isn't to say they aren't going to do something. I think it's interesting to see the first two titles they have on the 3DS are pure action and, supposedly, pure horror games. Maybe they're dipping there toes into different waters to see where the future lies for them? Then again, we have ORC, and the only way that can be more action is if it force fed you heroin and launched you directly into a giant mock up of Raccoon City every time you played.

Also, I'd drop the C&D thing. No one really believed it, and given what I know is on some guys here hard drives I doubt Capcom would bother wasting the ink and paper to send out a C&D for someone who has a illegal copy of a game you can legally get pretty cheap now, and Capcom themselves only provide via the PSN.
          look,you don't have to believe me but I saw the C&D.My mother even printed it out so I can read it myself.Good news is it wasn't about my mod they claimed that comcast which is my service provider found a pirated copy of RE3 PS1 on my PC.But anyway i didnt have a pirated copy of RE3 because I own an actual copy of RE3.So im not worried about it at all.I don't mess with pirated stuff.But anyway that the past now.and we should get back on the subject at hand.

I think capcom should go back to horror.Its better.
          Last edited by BrionIrons; 06-14-2011, 02:37 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

So you recieved a C+D order from Capcom for a possible single case of piracy for a copy of RE3? That comcast brought to their attention I suppose? Haha. Continue.
            Last edited by Dracarys; 06-15-2011, 03:05 PM.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

yep thats pretty much what they claimed.Thing is I own a Legit copy of RE3 for PS3 and Gamecube,I don't pirate games.So im not worried one bit.Anyway its done.im not worried about it.

Lets go back on topic.
              Last edited by BrionIrons; 06-15-2011, 06:44 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

The story changes again.

Comment

OK, let's just drop it. No one believes him, he's never going to admit if he's lying.

Comment

im not going to admit it because im not lying.But anyway yeah let end this off topic and get back on topic.
                      Last edited by BrionIrons; 06-16-2011, 07:09 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah. The shame!

Comment

Well, I haven't read everything in this thread, but doesn't Capcom just want a piece of the HUUUUUGE US FPS pie? "Oh look, those games are selling like mad! Let's convert Resident Evil to an FPS!"

And then we have Revelations which actually looks like a mix between REmale and RE4.

It's just about money, though. Most people don't seem to care much about scary games anymore. :-(

Comment

Working...
                          X