No announcement yet.

Official Release: Resident Evil's Albert Wesker's Theme Single, by Aya Fortuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Release: Resident Evil's Albert Wesker's Theme Single, by Aya Fortuna

Resident Evil Database, July 22, 2011 - Some days before the San Diego Comic-Con event, Capcom has announced they would turn this Friday into a special day for Resident Evil fans, called Resident Evil Day. After that, fans from all around the world have decided to promote the tag #ResidentEvilDay on social medias, especially on Twitter.

We from Resident Evil Database fansite could not stay out of the celebration, and as the first fansite to use the "ResidentEvilDay tag, we have the decided to offer a gift to the fans of the series in such a special day. This was the start of an idea: to release the "Saving The World" song, performed by the young Swedish singer Aya Fortuna, as a single. This idea came up when the talented singer, who owns a sweet but powerful voice, had recorded the Albert Wesker theme as a tribute to his last voice-over, D.C. Douglas, to thank him for the interview made in project with Resident Evil Database on July 08, where D.C. joins fans from many countries, including Aya, asking him questions regarding his work on Resident Evil 5.

At this point, we came up with the Resident Evil Tribute Album project, which will be released in the next weeks. But to celebrate the #ResidentEvilDay today, the Resident Evil Database fansite and the singer Aya Fortuna are proud to present the first single of the upcoming album. This single contains the original version of "Saving The World" song based on Albert Wesker's theme in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, plus two other versions of this song, one in Japanese and one in Swedish. As the ending song of this wonderful work, the single has the bonus track "Pray", a cover version of Resident Evil 5 ending theme.

It is very important to mention the copyrights of the original songs belong to Capcom and their original composers, which have been all credited in the upcoming Resident Evil Tribute Album. We are not intended to infringe any copyright laws. This project is not for sale and is all about a tribute from Resident Evil fans to Resident Evil fans in such a special date.

We would like to thank the voice-over actor D.C. Douglas, who has inspired Aya to record the "Saving The World" song. We also want to thank Capcom for the creation of the amazing series and, of course, all the other voice-over actors and actresses who have worked on Resident Evil.

About the Swedish singer Aya Fortuna:

Name: Aya Fortuna
    Nickname: Maddie, Aya, Ayafuun
    Birthday: April 10
    Birthplace: Sweden (Lives in Japan right now)

Aya is studying in Tokyo, at Shobi Music College, third year, vocal course.
    Her grandmother was a jazz singer and had her own band when she was young, so Aya decided that she wanted to continue the same road and work in the music industry.
    Her biggest dream is to one day stay on the same stage as her inspiration, the Japanese singer Gackt. She also wants a record deal with either a company in Japan or USA.
    Aya has been into gaming for a long time, but were too scared to play the Resident Evil games since she disliked playing horror games alone. But she soon got interested in it when her friend asked her to join in the RE5 game. She got hooked, and quickly finished it. Then she continued to play RE4, RE3, Darkside Chronicles and so on. Even though Aya played it in the wrong order, she quickly got a hold of the story and became a big fan, searching more and more information about the characters, voice actors etc. Her favorite RE characters are Wesker, Leon, Jill and Rebecca. She also loves Chris and Sheva from RE5.

Aya Fortuna's Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Aya...03835126319638
    Aya Fortuna's Official Twitter: http://twitter.com/AyaFortuna

To read more info / download the single, please visit: http://www.residentevildatabase.com/...ais&Itemid=169

Best regards,
    Monique Alves

http://www.residentevildatabase.com
    Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

That's pretty good, her voice is great.

Comment

THIA should release Carnivol's version of Pray as a single.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
        That's pretty good, her voice is great.
        Thank you so much for your support! It is important for both Aya and us!

We may release the Tribute Album in two weeks with more songs.
        Last edited by Red Queen; 07-25-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Her voice is to deep but thats just what i think.
          but other than that it wasent so bad
          Last edited by rehunk88; 07-26-2011, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
            Her voice is to deep but thats just what i think.
            but other than that it wasent so bad
            I'm sorry, I'm really sorry but I didn't understand your comment.
            Did you like it or dislike it?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Queen View Post
              I'm sorry, I'm really sorry but I didn't understand your comment.
              Did you like it or dislike it?
              Ah yeah sure i like it

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                THIA should release Carnivol's version of Pray as a single.
                And we can have your rap as a B-side.
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 07-26-2011, 01:50 PM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                X