No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the Wii version of REmake supports true progressive scan & 480p. The Cube version can only do 480i.

Therefore, the Wii version of REmake allows you to see more details - especially in the pre-rendered backgrounds. Like for example, I can easily tell the details of the paintings you see hanging on the walls. On the Cube version all those details are not as clear. And if you try playing REmake on a regular CRT set, those same details look blurry as hell.

Another difference is that if you play the Cube version on the Wii, it fills almost the entire screen. Not so with the Wii version. So basically, each version has its pros and cons.

And I suspect that those ppl that get a 'blurry mess' are doing something wrong. If you set things right, you will get very clear jaggies with most Wii games (not a positive, I know). But if you only see blurry shit on screen, then your TV, settings and Made-in-China cables are probably shit too.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• The Wii versions of REmake and RE0 are let down by being poorly done ports though, especially in cutscenes like the opening.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I think the backgrounds look identical to me on my TV, but the models on the NGC version are crisper. I will agree that the FMV's in the Wii version look a bit better but not by much.

EDIT: Also my copy of Biohazard Revival Selection just arrived but I won't be able to play it till tomorrow evening. Too busy on my end.

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        Well the Wii version of REmake supports true progressive scan & 480p. The Cube version can only do 480i.

Therefore, the Wii version of REmake allows you to see more details - especially in the pre-rendered backgrounds. Like for example, I can easily tell the details of the paintings you see hanging on the walls. On the Cube version all those details are not as clear. And if you try playing REmake on a regular CRT set, those same details look blurry as hell.

Another difference is that if you play the Cube version on the Wii, it fills almost the entire screen. Not so with the Wii version. So basically, each version has its pros and cons.

And I suspect that those ppl that get a 'blurry mess' are doing something wrong. If you set things right, you will get very clear jaggies with most Wii games (not a positive, I know). But if you only see blurry shit on screen, then your TV, settings and Made-in-China cables are probably shit too.
        Last edited by Zombie_X; 09-07-2011, 07:23 PM.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• How'd you get Revival Selection already? My copy shipped about 20 hours ago but supposedly takes 1-3 weeks to arrive.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
            I think the backgrounds look identical to me on my TV, but the models on the NGC version are crisper. I will agree that the FMV's in the Wii version look a bit better but not by much.
            The difference isn't dramatic. However, when I played the cube version of RE3 on a HDTV the difference was huge in regards to the amount of detail you could see in the BG's. Not with all of them, though. Since the ones from the police department area looked like crap (very low resolution).

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
            EDIT: Also my copy of Biohazard Revival Selection just arrived but I won't be able to play it till tomorrow evening. Too busy on my end.
            Hope you can do a mini-review of it! To see if its worth importing it.
            sigpic

Comment

• I bought it off play-asia and had enough credit in my account to upgrade to FedEx next day shipping. It shipped yesterday morning and I got it today at around 10:00am. Fast as hell, eh?

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              How'd you get Revival Selection already? My copy shipped about 20 hours ago but supposedly takes 1-3 weeks to arrive.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• im still thinking if i should buy over psn or not ... i feel like re 4 isent really worth it .. but maby code veronica is. :X

Comment

• Someone upload Videos from RE4 HD and CVX HD
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• God that Code Veronica play through was cringe worthy. Sometimes I forget that people can be that bad at old school Resident Evil.....

Then again I've seen worse (and $miley means FAR ****ING WORSE) people play Code Veronica.
                    Last edited by Smiley; 09-08-2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Fu** why the japanese ver is censored >.< , now i cant get a copy of it , eh im on a CFW ... it wont work already even if i got it needs 3.6x keys eh (why would i need japanese ver anyway xD ) , ANYWAY i cant see the difrence since that recording is bad .... capcom is lazy , they didnt even enchance textures and make them HD , what toke them soo long if its just a lazy port .... , im gonna mod it soon if we get the keys ! FTW HD mods !!
                      Last edited by Mrox2; 09-08-2011, 05:52 AM.
                      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                      ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                        Fu** why the japanese ver is censored >.< , now i cant get a copy of it , eh im on a CFW ... it wont work already even if i got it needs 3.6x keys eh (why would i need japanese ver anyway xD ) , ANYWAY i cant see the difrence since that recording is bad .... capcom is lazy , they didnt even enchance textures and make them HD , what toke them soo long if its just a lazy port .... , im gonna mod it soon if we get the keys ! FTW HD mods !!
                        Because it was censored over there on release in the first place because they started cracking down on gore and the like a little bit more in Japan.
                        sigpic
                        Non-blurry Signature Version
                        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• The Leon Avatar outfit is now available on XBLM.

I don't usually pay money for this sort of thing (my Avatar still wears the basic outfit he came in), but I might have to pick this up.

Comment

• It seems that Biohazard 4 HD has no anti-aliasing at all and runs at 30fps. And it is censored (as expected).

Lazy-ass Capcom indeed.

But we get this!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                              How'd you get Revival Selection already? My copy shipped about 20 hours ago but supposedly takes 1-3 weeks to arrive.
                              Because he is American and you are British.

That is the order of things.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                                It seems that Biohazard 4 HD has no anti-aliasing at all and runs at 30fps. And it is censored (as expected).

Lazy-ass Capcom indeed.

But we get this!

hahah xD

Comment

Working...
                                X