Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Umbrella Corporation - German? (and more background on the company)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually it makes sense if you bother to delve deeper instead of skimming over files and taking the games at face value. If you just play each game and not bother doing any research into the narrative then it won't make sense.
    See you in hell.

Comment

I do think that they originally (pre-1999) planned to have Umbrella as a company founded by European aristocrats from several countries: you had Spencer, the Krügers, the Henrys, possibly even more.

The German origin of the Krüger family is nicely in line with Alfred's obsession concerning everything related to weapons and the army.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
        The German origin of the Krüger family is nicely in line with Alfred's obsession concerning everything related to weapons and the army.
        Not to mention most of the Ashfords fit that German archetype of what is thought to be genetic perfection...At least to Hitler anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

I do think that they originally (pre-1999) planned to have Umbrella as a company founded by European aristocrats from several countries: you had Spencer, the Krügers, the Henrys, possibly even more.

I heard there's a paragraph in the CVX Kaitai shinsho that refers to Alfred's love of the military coming from Alexia refering to him as a 'soldier' ant and he misinterpreted the meaning.

Though I agree the idea of several differing European noble families founding the company would have been great, imagine the power struggle!
          Last edited by TheBatMan; 08-03-2011, 12:23 PM.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Just a question, was there ever a reason for the name change from Krüger to Ashford given by Capcom?
            Sounds like something that should be asked if a chance for a talk with the CV developers arises...

Now this is slightly off-topic, but I'd like to know which interview mentioned the name change.
            I've heard people acknowledging this as a fact, but I'd like to read the source of this information myself sometime.

I absolutely love reading developer interviews about my favorite game series...

Say, could one of the Resi experts here direct me to this interview?
            (I heavily assume that an online backup of the text has been kept somewhere safe, right?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
              Not to mention most of the Ashfords fit that German archetype of what is thought to be genetic perfection...At least to Hitler anyway.
              Shame that Spencer succeeded where Alexander failed. Though it is kind of amusing how both of them were destroyed by their creations.
              See you in hell.

Comment

The fact that they used "Konzern" probably just means that they weren't satisfied with their Japanese term for "corporate group", and went the usual route of stealing a foreign word because it sounds fancier. Plus, as far as I'm aware, a "Konzern" is not an actual business type like "AG" or "GmbH".
                That's quite true. I'm more interested in the whole thing with their being several Umbrella companies under the one "umbrella". Umbrella Pharmaceutical(s), Umbrella Medical Equipment and Umbrella Industries, and those are just the ones we know of. UP and UME both have separate regional branches too from the looks of things, the North American branch of UME is distinct from the American branch of UP, for example.
                Last edited by News Bot; 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                X