Official Nintendo Mag - minor new details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Nintendo Mag - minor new details

I picked up the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine today. A few new details:
    * The enemies in the game are not infected with the t-Virus.
    *Game takes place in 2005 as they wanted to have a story set around the formation of the BSAA
    *Lot's of in-game dialogue like the Chronicles games, some cheesy banter between Chris and Jessica akin to that of Jill and Barry in RE1.
    *Chris and Jessica witness a plane crash on the mountains.
    *New enemy - mutant wolf. Imagine a cerberus but in a snow wolf rather than a doberman - complete with exposed rib cage.
    *Mountain range turns into frosty ice cave
    *Quick-time events are back
    *Mention of a new charatcer named O'Brien. He is in radio contact with Chris and describes him as a 'US Marshall-type'.
    *Each chapter alternates between Chris and Jill. Both parties have been led into the same trap.

No scans sorry. But there are only a couple of new pictures.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

No T-virus? But didn't they say there'd be zombies in it?

Comment

There is, just not in the conventional sense as we have seen them before apparently.
      "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE post scans
        Spoiler:

Comment

I'm pretty sure they mean the water based enemies not being infected by the t-virus, since they said there are zombies too. John could be right too, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
            *Chris and Jessica witness a plane crash on the mountains.
            This was depicted in early artworks.
            sigpic

Comment

It's very unclear, they could talking about the Regenerator-like enemies since they're the ones they're focusing on for now.

Comment

See, those water-based enemies don't look like they're products of the t-Virus. Like I've said before, they're the main point of interest for me in regards to Revelations. Been fascinated by them ever since I saw that first one in a demo I watched. I suspect that someone's been fucking around with marine life and doing some genetic splicing between human subjects and underwater organisms.

Someone made an interesting point on here about the connection with blood, in that they dissolve into a pool of blood and they seem to use a proboscis to drain blood from you. If there's anyone on here with an interest in marine biology, does anything exist that bears a similarity with these enemies? Not physically of course but in terms of feeding habits.

In fact, I'm going to speculate that it's not even a virus at all that's caused these monsters but simple genetic engineering. It would be a nice change from the usual magical virus routine that Capcom have been so dependent on.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Scans

Comment

"Vetro corp"?

Also, so the BSAA was founded in 2005?
                    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 08-04-2011, 07:17 PM.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

And Jessica has the same face as Jill, too. Will that be the one of the Revelations?

Comment

I like the snow wolves idea, although they already tread on The Thing ground with RE4's colmillos (the most frightening enemy in that game for me).

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                          I like the snow wolves idea, although they already tread on The Thing ground with RE4's colmillos (the most frightening enemy in that game for me).
                          Same here, fuck that garden maze
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            "Vetro corp"?

Also, so the BSAA was founded in 2005?
                            Shit, only just noticed that. I hope its finally a name for the 3rd Organization or 'The Organization' rather than another one-shot pharmaceutical company that turns up for one game and then fucks off into the sunset never to be heard from again.

BSAA was reformed under the united nations in 2005 so they could act as a special forces team. Prior to this they were just police observers who couldn't use direct force under their initial formation in 2003.

According to Inside of Biohazard Darkside Chronicles book states the BSAA was reformed after the Harvardville incident which takes place in November 2005. So if Capcom have done their own homework Revelations should be taking place around December time.
                            "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

I have to say looking at those scans, Smiley and I were discussing it earlier - but how the hell did the proof-reader and/or the editor allow the character renders to be flipped backwards before publishing?

Sure, the layout may look better in terms of arrangement but it looks completely idiotic.

I've had to correct layouts before with a magazine so it completely astounds me with considering more or less how long the Official Nintendo Magazine has been around that, that sort of crap still comes through in the layouts.

Oddly enough, that issue there seems to be more interesting than the game itself.
                              Last edited by Enetirnel; 08-05-2011, 07:18 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Non-blurry Signature Version
                              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                              X