Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muscles Glasses vs. Jensen Ackles (Or: Team Chris vs. Team Leon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's quite possible to be both a hero and asshole - there's a tale of a Nazi officer who went into a burning building and saved several people, including kids, before going back to his day job - at Auschwitz. Hero, or monster? Bit of both, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon
      It's quite possible to be both a hero and asshole - there's a tale of a Nazi officer who went into a burning building and saved several people, including kids, before going back to his day job - at Auschwitz. Hero, or monster? Bit of both, really.
      'Anti-hero' seems more approriate, then.

Originally posted by Alexdz
      And I don't see how tortuting his enemies for information makes Bauer not a hero, there's shades of grey here everything is not black and white.
      Yes, I know. But there is a limit. I find this to be very immoral. I can tolerate some other faults to a hero.....but this, is a bit too much for my tastes. But like I said to darkmoon, we are dealing with anti-heroes here, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
        He never tortured anybody for pleasure, he does it to save fucking lives.
        People should listen to Vito.

In regards to torture and how its systematic use will always save lives... nobody but someone living in Tijuana, Mexico would know better about it.

He knows his shit.

BTW, are we still talking about beefcake Chris and his adonis friend? Or in great THIA fashion, we went off topic again? Don't tell me, let me guess.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Leon. Liked Leon ever since RE2, it's the age when I really started to get into RE, and I've always really liked Leon in RE2 and his R.P.D uniform is iconic to me and it's the main thing that started me into really wanting to join the police force which I will do someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Monster. Easy. As far as I'm concerned, Hitler could've donated all of his money to ending third world hunger and it wouldn't have redeemed him in any way or form. In other words, bad actions outweigh good intentions (or in your example good actions) especially when taken to extremes like Auschwitz.

To put it bluntly, an evil man with good intentions is still evil.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

I'm going to go with neither and copy Alyson's response when you asked her.

Instead, I'm going to side on Wesker.

Mainly because as I was telling you, I don't like the 5 version of Chris. Which you chose. (Pick C:V or Remake next time >_>).
              Last edited by Enetirnel; 08-27-2011, 07:05 AM.
              sigpic
              Non-blurry Signature Version
              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

The topic title isn't Topher Grace vs. Jensen Ackles though.

Comment

Chris' best appearance was in RECV even if he looked like an asian at times.

Everyone said that they didn't recognize him in RE5. I had this reaction when I saw him in REmake. He looked so different with that strange haircut and big ears. That's not how I imagine Chris, at all.
                  Last edited by Grem; 08-27-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                    Yes, the CG cutscenes.
                    Last edited by aris13; 08-27-2011, 04:06 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Chris, I only ever liked Leon in RE2 and even in that he is a mug with hair 12 year old boys have.

Plus Chris gets all the best lines. "Flame on, asshole!" Cannot write better stuff.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                        This debate can be settled in cat-e-mah-gories. Feel free to contribute yo two cents to it, but let's look into these selections:

1. Relationship with the ladies.
                        Leon is the Cassanova of Resident Evil.

Well he wants to be. So it's fun ot watch.

2. The threads they wear.
                        Leon's jacket iN RE4 is way cooler than Chris'...Blland Action Outfit.

3. The training and kung-fu that they have when they're out killing zombies and foreign people.
                        Leon has Knife Fighting Skills and a badass Roundhouse Kick.

What does Chris have? A punch? Liquid Ocelot did it better.

4. Their friends and rivals. And by rivals I mean friends that betrayed them.... Complicated shit like that homie.
                        I'll admit the Chris vs. Wesker thing was one of the most promising plot threads in the series.

I like Leon/Ada but it's not that interesting. Ada's backstory is though and I hope we learn more about her in the future. It's the only good plot idea left to the series.

5. What they accomplished, dawg.
                        n his first day Leon took down a Tyrant superior to the one Chris fought. in addition he defeated Birkin who is stronger than any Tyrant.

Really, Chris is just boring to me. I never even played his game iN RE1. And I hate CVX.
                        Last edited by Becky's Butt; 08-28-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Becky's butt
                          What does Chris have? A punch? Liquid Ocelot did it better
                          LOL!

Haymaker. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post

Everyone said that they didn't recognize him in RE5. I had this reaction when I saw him in REmake. He looked so different with that strange haircut and big ears. That's not how I imagine Chris, at all.
                            I knew that Chris was Chris the first moment I saw him on those REmake previews. I think anyone who was remotely familiar with RE was able to identify him on the spot. Pointy ears or not, Chris as seen in REmake, is the same Chris we always knew.

Not so with the Chris from RE5. Nobody knew for sure, who he was when they first saw him.

A lot of people thought that the guy featured in the first RE5 trailer, was actually Billy Coen. Billy at the time was the most muscular protagonist in the RE world. RE5 was set in Africa (Billy knew the continent from a previous mission he had there) and there was some sort of confusion about who was doing the voice work. It seems like it was the same actor that did Billy's voice. The thing is, not a lot of people were sure about it being Chris.

Anywhoo, Chris went through a lot of changes. No doubt about it.

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Chris Redfield seems like he clearly overcompensates for something. Who cares if he beat Wesker. RE5 was horrible. Leon was far more badass in RE4 and you know it. Leon doesn't need 5 games to finally kill the bad guy. Just one, that's how badass he is.

Comment

Leon never really had a decent bad guy. Birkin and Mr X were cool, but are dumb monsters. Saddler was a B-list villain with a crappy plan that, let's face it, got foiled by a single American agent. I mean, he bought a freakin' battleship as his plan B.

Leon could do with a solid, game spanning villain. If Capcom ever has the balls to make another decent one they don't kill off...

Comment

Working...
                                X