More details on Wesker, Ada, Las Plagas and "The 3rd Organization"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More details on Wesker, Ada, Las Plagas and "The 3rd Organization"

The following translations are from the biohazard 4 Kaitai Shinsho guidebook, thanks to TheBatman.

Originally posted by Plague Origins
    Once the Plaga parasite begins to rapidly multiply and spread throughout the world, there is no technology in existence for humanity to resist it. Persons who have become Ganado or hosts are easily detected in small towns or close-knit communities where unusual words or actions are quickly detected, but they easily blend in to the crowd in large cities where even neighbors don’t know each other. Powerful monsters for which a gun is no match can blend into society and increase their numbers. Even if discovered, it would be impossible to take the same eradication action in a major city using mass destruction weapons, as was used in Raccoon City. This quiet infection would eventually reach the ranks of national government. And think of the possibilities of developing parasites capable of more advanced deception, or joining forces with an important person who has been infected with a dominant strain Plaga that retains the consciousness of the human, and who agrees to become under the control of Saddler…

This bargaining for power is equivalent to selling your soul to the devil. Leon feels that even worse is for a person in whom society has placed trust to have such aspirations.

Ramon was a descendent of the rulers of this area from ages ago, and even in the 21st century in which such sovereign rulers were all but extinct, his was one family that had continued to hold de facto power over a large and fertile region. He could even be called the king of this land. From the time they were born, the villagers had no choice but to declare their loyalty to the Salazar family. Unless they made a decision to never return to their hometown again, there was no escaping the ages-old convention of being tied to the land.

In return for this right of holding a high stature, and ruling/financial power, families normally were responsible for protecting the people. They were obligated to use force to fight off outside attacking enemies, and to fairly judge crimes within the land, treat the citizens well, and lead them to peaceful lives. In the most ideal case, they should firmly deny their own status as rules continuing to live in the old ways because such responsibilities are being managed by the national government in modern days. If they don’t, such families in the region are nothing more than parasites sucking the blood from the poor.

In the past, the Salazar family sealed away the Plaga, which was a dangerous indigenous creature, and fought against the dark cult of Los Illuminados, who worshiped this power. While people were enticed by Saddler’s charming charisma, the contemporary Ramon did the forbidden and released the Plaga, exposed the innocent villagers to become living sacrifices, and this caused Leon to harbor unspeakable anger.

Behind a large set of side-by-side opening doors, inside a space with a domed ceiling resembling a cathedral, is a frightening scene engraved on the minds of humans. A giant living thing, with roots embedded in every wall, full of sticky liquid, some combination of plant and mollusk. This is the mother of all Plagas. The root of all-evil which must not be touched.

“I respect your strong will.” Ramon laughs as he gives himself up to the twisting tentacles. Already undergoing a transformation, the crazed leader began fusing with the Plaga queen.
    Originally posted by Report On Ada
    Ada wears “mystery” on her shoulder.

There is no confirmed information about her. Nothing is known about when and where was she born, her nationality, race or exact age, or even the name given to her at birth.

Only the woman who calls herself Ada Wong knows the truth about herself.
    Thought to be Asian, she has smooth pearl-like skin and fine beautiful features.

The complex curves of her alluring body seem perfect and without waste, without losing any of her feminine appeal, and with perfect proportions. But, all of this, squeezed into a thin dress, is no more than an “enigma” hiding her true quality, like a form of powerful thought control over those who gaze at her.

The deception continues.

When Ada first approached the leaders of organizations secretly working behind the scenes of world events, they were truly unsure about what to do. A spy with no certain details about her past, which was fabricated from false footsteps – but her incredible abilities were the only sure thing about her. Proof of this was her live escape from Raccoon City.

Even the word mayhem, cannot sufficiently describe the horror of that place, a city wiped off the map out of fear for the madness out of control there. For this reason, the G-virus, which she brought back from that place, she enjoyed steadfast high regard for successfully completing such a difficult mission. The name Ada Wong became a sort of legend among those in the spy community.

It was the approach of this female spy. In the organization, there were some voices calling or her elimination out of suspicion that it was the work of another agency. For anyone even attempting to approach her, Ada was so mysterious and harbored an air of danger.

However, the organization was already harboring an uncontrollable spark that threatened to burn the organization from the inside out. Albert Wesker, former Raccoon City S.T.A.R.S. commander, who infiltrated the organization by bringing with him the fruits of research of the giant Umbrella corporation, which brought the danger to Raccoon City – his influence had grown to the point of being undeniable. In order to control this rot from within, the dominators used a plan to draw in Ada. While not an unconditional request, if she could function in the role of monitoring Wesker, it would be beneficial even if Ada could not be trusted. Furthermore, if they both kept each other in check, it might automatically limit the chance of any activities as double spies, which would very unfavorable to the organization – this is what they determined.

Ada then accurately carried out this role. Even while remaining cautious, she used the fact that she was in the care of the organization to her maximum advantage, approached Wesker and became convinced that he would be the greatest effective spy agent if he were used as a pawn. The self-assured Wesker, taking pride in the fact that he was being selected, began devising a power plan for making her feel under his control, to ensure that he could use Ada, the most valuable “unit,” in the most critical parts of his plan…

Wesker was cunning, of course, and knew that the top of the organization would learn of his actions through Ada. In fact, he intentionally leaked information that he didn’t mind getting out, especially information he wanted them to hear, but even so, the truth begins to vaguely appear. What was Wesker planning…? The faint evidence for this creates an unnatural rut in the accumulation of deluge of information, conjuring up the image of the shadow of a large, thick umbrella blocking out the rays of the sun…

Within the jumble of speculation, only Ada was able to maintain complete mystery. Only her objective cleanly fell through, as if through a gaping hole, as if she was actually working her hardest for the “organization,” as if her greatest pleasure was to serve that role.

The deception continues.
    Last edited by News Bot; 08-26-2011, 06:41 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

there is no technology in existence for humanity to resist it
    I seem to remember a machine found at the Mercenary Island (Not sure about the official name of it) that removed the Las Plagas quite effectively. However, according to Luis Sera's reports, it only works when the lil' beast thingy is not yet an adult.

There is no confirmed information about her. Nothing is known about when and where was she born, her nationality, race or exact age, or even the name given to her at birth.

Thought to be Asian, she has smooth pearl-like skin and fine beautiful features.
    Who wrote that? That sounds like what a Hollywood casting agent would write, just before casting a WHITE actress to play Ada Wong in the next Resident Evil movie...

EDIT: BTW, does anyone know who is playing Ada Wong in the new live-action Resident Evil movie? It better not be Lindsay Lohan.
    Last edited by Pikminister; 08-26-2011, 12:25 PM.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Ada wears “mystery” on her shoulder.
      I wore "mystery" on my shoulder way before her, now it's like the cool new thing this summer!

Comment

The complex curves of her alluring body seem perfect and without waste, without losing any of her feminine appeal, and with perfect proportions. But, all of this, squeezed into a thin dress, is no more than an “enigma” hiding her true quality, like a form of powerful thought control over those who gaze at her.

Yeah whoever wrote this definitely masturbated to it once they were finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          [i]
          Yeah whoever wrote this definitely masturbated to it once they were finished.
          Smiley... you a double agent?

Comment

I seem to remember a machine found at the Mercenary Island (Not sure about the official name of it) that removed the Las Plagas quite effectively. However, according to Luis Sera's reports, it only works when the lil' beast thingy is not yet an adult.
            Doesn't work once the Plaga is fully developed, only one was built and its creator and the only model were destroyed.

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            [i]Yeah whoever wrote this definitely masturbated to it once they were finished.
            There's similar stuff all-round from BH4 which slobbers over Ada, to be honest. I mean, look at what they put her in.

Comment

There's similar stuff all-round from BH4 which slobbers over Ada, to be honest. I mean, look at what they put her in.
              Yeah, the Spanish countryside is really romantic

Comment

In regards to who they are written by, they are written by Benny Matsuyama, a prolific employee of Studio BentStuff that has been commissioned by CAPCOM many times to write canonical short stories in the books they release (usually under the supervision and editing of the R&D staff from each game, sometimes not). He's done the story sections for most of the Kaitai Shinsho guides. They're usually kinda bland but some neat story details do seep through the cracks such as the BSAA's signature of carpet bombing any biohazard-affected area it can't contain or resolve. For the biohazard Kaitai Shinsho, he wrote short 2 page stories from the perspective of Chris and Jill prior to the incident. Nothing really new though.

He also writes for the Final Fantasy "Ultimania" books (which dictate that series' canon in general).
                Last edited by News Bot; 08-26-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  Smiley... you a double agent?
                  Someone who clearly hasn't read my analysis of Battle suit Jill.

Comment

In regards to who they are written by, they are written by Benny Matsuyama, a prolific employee of Studio BentStuff that has been commissioned by CAPCOM many times to write canonical short stories in the books they release (usually under the supervision and editing of the R&D staff from each game, sometimes not). He's done the story sections for most of the Kaitai Shinsho guides.
                    Not to start an argument but I seem to remember you shitting over his work canonicity status before to try and strengthen an argument.

Originally posted by News Bot
                    I see you're shit at determining validity of sources as well. "Text by Benny Matsuyama". Benny Matsuyama writes a lot of essential filler material for the guides to help incorporate the story with the gameplay sections. They are not canon. So, your point is moot yet again.

So it is only canon when it suits you right?
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                      So it is only canon when it suits you right?
                      Of course. Canon is subjective. One material will be happily accepted as canon by one person, while another will reject it as irrelevant or plain wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
                        Of course. Canon is subjective. One material will be happily accepted as canon by one person, while another will reject it as irrelevant or plain wrong.
                        But that isn't what is happening in my example.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                          But that isn't what is happening in my example.
                          Check your quote.

I change my views on some things quite a bit over time (see Wesker's Report). In 2010, the only Benny Matsuyama texts I saw were pretty irrelevant and added nothing new so I shrugged them off, I never knew about these ones (I have the older Bio4 guide, these appear in the revised one), and at the time I had no idea who Matsuyama even was or what he had been credited for in the past. That's just how things work. And actually, at that time when I debated with that circle-jerk on the Wikia, I forgot to note that Benny Matsuyama says 2 years not because it is set before 2009, but because it IS set in 2009. BH5 takes place in March 2009, LiN took place in August 2006. Only two years have passed since LiN in BH5.

I also initially thought BIOHAZARD GAIDEN was intended to be canon at some point, now I firmly believe it was always intended to be an alternative universe game. So on and so forth. We don't have all the answers or even sources from the beginning.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 08-27-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X