Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Development of the Resident Evil Engine/Series Over Time - RE1 > RE1.5 > RE2 etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@geluda: From Bioflames, interviews, the Trial disc, mags, etc. I was wrong about the date though, it wasn't Feb 6th, it was Feb 18th.

The image of the door is legit. It's from one of INFLAMES' magazines. Is from the real so-called BH2 betav1 which appears to be from a previous date than the Trial disc. About the artwork, who knows... I assume it would be better just to redo the material of the areas they previewed more in the media and give them a new feeling, more atmospheric, than just tweak the ones they already had. I can't say for sure though, we don't have many confirmed BH1.5 art pieces of the locations to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
      Yep imagine how many beta versions there must be.. every time the save button is clicked.
      Indeed! Think about how many did and didn't survive. For all we know there could be a hard drive out there with a whole story of builds.

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
      @geluda: From Bioflames, interviews, the Trial disc, mags, etc. I was wrong about the date though, it wasn't Feb 6th, it was Feb 18th.

The image of the door is legit. It's from one of INFLAMES' magazines. Is from the real so-called BH2 betav1 which appears to be from a previous date than the Trial disc. About the artwork, who knows... I assume it would be better just to redo the material of the areas they previewed more in the media and give them a new feeling, more atmospheric, than just tweak the ones they already had. I can't say for sure though, we don't have many confirmed BH1.5 art pieces of the locations to compare.
      I see, thanks. I always thought 1.5's backgrounds were more atmospheric than BH2's, they all had different kinds of lighting, things like the bright glow of an emergency light, or the moon light beaming through the windows of a dark office, to be perfectly honest dispite the questionable quality of the backgrounds I think it seems a much more frightening place. In BH2 almost every area looks like it's lit by either street lights or indoor lighting, while the backgrounds are beautifully detailed they just don't seem as artistic or interesting, in my personal opinion.

It's surprising they never got rid of the trail of blood on the floor in the West Office though. Perhaps the blood belonged to Marvin, or one of the other officers lying on the floor before they got their head ripped off. Makes you feel there's a little more to that scene, although I'm sure it was just a touch of detail. Just a shame they didn't put as much detail into modifying the artwork as they did doing it in the first place lol.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
        It's surprising they never got rid of the trail of blood on the floor in the West Office though. Perhaps the blood belonged to Marvin, or one of the other officers lying on the floor before they got their head ripped off. Makes you feel there's a little more to that scene, although I'm sure it was just a touch of detail. Just a shame they didn't put as much detail into modifying the artwork as they did doing it in the first place lol.
        There's indeed more to that place. Martin Biohazard has rebuild the earlier version of the scene with Marvin. It was all different, Marvin turned into a zombie right away and in that precise moment all the bodies of the zombie cops get up from the floor. It was much more frantic, so to speak. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XON2aEI9jPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
          There's indeed more to that place. Martin Biohazard has rebuild the earlier version of the scene with Marvin. It was all different, Marvin turned into a zombie right away and in that precise moment all the bodies of the zombie cops get up from the floor. It was much more frantic, so to speak. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XON2aEI9jPM.
          Yes I've seen it! It is the scene I'm reffering to. He actually uploaded a new video today with yet more added to it, albeit a small touch surprisingly it shows Marvin enter the office. I think now it's safe to assume that the blood on the floor belonged to Marvin, whether the door scene was any different (or if there even was one), who knows? Either way I want to find out!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Is that scene a recreation of the Marvin scene based on data found on Trial Edition, or is this just this guy's version of the scene? Because it's so much better than what's in the final version of RE2.

Comment

^ The answer would be option number one. It requires more tweaking as it's still very unpolished, but heck, at least he was able to recover this from the data. As many would know, the first encounter with Sherry and the Licker scene were also different, he has made some attemps with those, but as digging these stuff from the disc seem to be quite difficult they are very sloppy too. The real beta v1 disc most likely has the original cutscenes intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                Is that scene a recreation of the Marvin scene based on data found on Trial Edition, or is this just this guy's version of the scene? Because it's so much better than what's in the final version of RE2.
                It's left over code from what one could assume to be the beta 1 (or at least earlier than the Trial) version of the West Office scene, and I agree, it is much better than the retail version. I think the dialogue might be better in the retail version, but the action that takes place in the scene is indeed far better.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for bringing an old topic up, however Im glad just topic exist because I've been meaning to ask, what were the engines used in the classic Resident Evil games??? and if they could be replicated in open source engines as well?

Comment

anyone at all may i ask?

Comment

Working...
                    X