Is RE3 a filler to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is RE3 a filler to you?

I was in discution with some guys from orkut.
    They say RE3 is just a filler because it doesn't add nothing to story and is just a protagonist in fanservice clothes running around because of a generic B.O.W. While everything else important, like the city's fate is explained in other games.
    Yeah, RE3 has somewhat a weak story, but do you think it's a filler.

I disagree with the idea that it's just filler. There are two main things that are very important about the game:
    1. The fate of the city. (It established what happened to the city and how the city ended, while other games and Degeneration reiterate the end.)
    2. Jill's infection ends up being extremely important in RE5 in the actual plot.
    Last edited by Four Eyes; 09-04-2011, 11:01 PM.
    Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

Well, another thing they said, Jill's not so important to the story.
      They even think Sheva is more important than Jill just because she killed Wesker.

Comment

It's not a filler, BUT the mini skirt hooker outfit is pure fan service . Raccoon's destruction is reason enough to make this game important.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I don't get the hate for BH3. It added more to the series gameplay-wise than BH2 and was mega fun.

No the story is not filler. Anyone who says it doesn't add anything is either ignorant or not paying attention. Raccoon City's destruction is the turning point of the series, Jill's infection is vital later on in BH5, and so on. Just because it stayed in Raccoon City doesn't mean it was filler. The city was still full of zombies in BH2 (although in the drama albums, Umbrella and the U.S. Government personally go in and incinerate everything).
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Hey, look at this now, the guy is saying that the city's fate and everything was explained in Umbrella Chronicles, in RE4 Prologue and Outbreak. then RE3 wouldn't even need to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
              Hey, look at this now, the guy is saying that the city's fate and everything was explained in Umbrella Chronicles, in RE4 Prologue and Outbreak. then RE3 wouldn't even need to exist.
              You are debating with an idiot.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yeah, it looks like it.
                He's saying a lot of crap.
                Like Jill's job on Resident Evil is just to be saved by Chris, Barry and Carlos.
                And that Sheva is alot more important than Jill, in his words:

"Sheva, a rookie girl, made in 48 hours what Jill couldn't for 10 years. She killed Wesker.
                And what did Jill made so special? Needed to be babysitted from all the men of the series"

Comment

I think at the time it was decent enough, but the sequels after RE3 haven't done the series justice.. just went in a different direction to what I thought would happen - so some people may see RE3 as the turning point towards a lesser series..

Comment

RE3 was fun. Good game. Good memories.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                      I was in discution with some guys from orkut.
                      They say RE3 is just a filler because it doesn't add nothing to story and is just a protagonist in fanservice clothes running around because of a generic B.O.W. While everything else important, like the city's fate is explained in other games.
                      Yeah, RE3 has somewhat a weak story, but do you think it's a filler.
                      Yes
                      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Filler? Absolutely not, like Paul said two of the events in those games defined the future of the series: Raccoon's Destruction and Jill's infection. The only "downside" I can see is that it featured some of the locales of RE2 and took place in the same days, but even those were few and showed the city in a bigger scale. It was extremely fun, classic RE at its core but still capable of introducing new gameplay elements that still remain up to these days (quick 180° turn, The Mercenaries mode).

Now call that game a filler... lol

Comment

Filler? meh.

Its my Third favorite game in the entire series.

It introduced one of the most memorable enemsis in the entire series.

And as News Bot said it featured 2 VERY important plot points in the series.

NO WAY ITS FILLER.

Comment

The story is certainly as not as deep as some other games in the series but it had some very powerful and important moments that impact the series hugely. Certainly not 'filler'.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Well, from a pure video game perspective, RE3 is just a side story. It is almost the same as Bio2 graphically and it takes place in Raccoon city aswell. We even get to revisit the police station.

Also, there's only one scenario but it's pretty short and the story feels like a rip-off of RE1. Just replace UBCS with STARS and you've got almost the same thing.

The game really feels like an add-on of RE2.

However, the game is still very important, just like every main entry of the series. We've got the destruction of Raccoon and Jill's infection which are very important plot points. But in reality, RE3 just complete the story of RE2.
                              I'd say that RE2 + RE3 = Real RE2.

The real RE3 is Code Veronica in my opinion.
                              Last edited by Grem; 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X