Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Capcom acknowledging Gaiden in the timeline or canon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
    Or any interview, ever apparently. You're making yourself sound ignorant now. Keep going.
    I was pretty clearly talking exclusively about the interview only you have seen. Twisting words doesn't make you look less wrong. I'm just calling you out on misinformation and then requesting a source. You are giving me the equivalent of "just trust me" and then calling me close-minded. Right. Haha.

P.S. You said you'd stop posting with your very first post in this topic. You're really defensive over something that will most likely amount to nothing.
    Last edited by News Bot; 09-16-2011, 09:07 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfnI3ybOuuM - About seven minute in is where Leon defeats the B.O.W on the ship and has his final 'confirmed as Leon' scene. As can be seen, he doesn't see a way off the ship, but on the other hand is exceptionally not dead.

Make of that what you will.

Comment

There was an image stuck between the interview segments, like in any interview you would see for any game.

Walking away, I'm getting trolled.

edit: I'm put you on ignore because you're wasting my time and cannot even debate without twisting everything.
        Last edited by Dracarys; 09-16-2011, 09:23 AM.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
          -----
          I saw your post before your edit (you can delete posts, btw) so I'll reply anyway. You have given two versions of the story so far. That it was mentioned in an interview (presumably with a member of CAPCOM), and then that it was mentioned in picture form and may or may not have been thrown in by the editor as a "reference" and that they may or may not have gotten it wrong (again, in a completely hypothetical magazine which may or may not even exist outside of your memory). Which is it? You can't really pick at my "an"'s and "the"'s when you can't even decide on your own claim.

Originally posted by KylieDog
          There was an image stuck between the interview segments, like in any interview you would see for any game.
          Riveting tale. But was it just a picture, or was it a picture with a statement (from whom?) underneath? Either way, the chances are that even if this magazine exists, it was added by the editor. Which makes it complete nonsense (which it is anyway, like I pointed out, anyone who actually pays attention to the game knows that there is no infection).

edit: I'm put you on ignore because you're wasting my time and cannot even debate without twisting everything.
          Okay. Won't really stop me from calling you out on bullshit though.
          Last edited by News Bot; 09-16-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot
            The game makes it clear that there is no infection sub-plot. There is a shape-shifting B.O.W. sub-plot. A shape-shifting B.O.W. which bleeds green blood sub-plot. There is being mistaken and then there is being ignorant. You're falling into the latter.
            You forget the Parasite(whatever it was) that was implanted into Lucia to use her as an easy way of transporting it, which in turn made Lucia bleed green whilst being used as a host. (Which it gets extracted and goes on a rampage in the sub). That could have ended up in Leon to cause him to bleed green at the end.

Comment

Basically they tried to put a The Thing. Kind of.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                ...the game makes it very clear that it is not Leon at the end of the game, as it makes several references (particularly with Lucia) to the fact that the B.O.W. is detectable by the fact that it bleeds green blood in human form. Perhaps you should play it? There is absolutely no indication that there is any sort of infection involved, the game makes it very clear it is something else altogether.
                Exactly! Jesus, lots of people get the ending of Gaiden wrong.

First of all, the B.O.W. in Gaiden can't infect shit. It's basically an amoeba-like creature that imitates humans. Similar to the one from the movie 'The Thing'. What you notice in the game, is that this B.O.W. never kills the human it imitates. For instance, the B.O.W. took the forms of Leon and Lucia at different points in the game. Yet the real Leon and Lucia were seen quite alive later on.

Besides, the game itself explains how you can tell the fake human from the real one. There's this cutscene where Barry Burton is being told by HQ's that the sure way to identify the B.O.W. as a human, is that it will always bleed GREEN blood.

So when we see 'Leon' at the end having green blood on his neck, we know its the B.O.W.

BTW, did anyone actually bother to watch the credits in that game? Shinji Mikami is included as an advisor.

Not saying Gaiden is canon, though... just clearing things up.
                Last edited by Pikminister; 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  Exactly! Jesus, lots of people get the ending of Gaiden wrong.

First of all, the B.O.W. in Gaiden can't infect shit. It's basically an amoeba-like creature that imitates humans. Similar to the one from the movie 'The Thing'. What you notice in the game, is that this B.O.W. never kills the human it imitates. For instance, the B.O.W. took the forms of Leon and Lucia at different points in the game. Yet the real Leon and Lucia were seen quite alive later on.

Besides, the game itself explains how you can tell the fake human from the real one. There's this cutscene where Barry Burton is being told by HQ's that the sure way to identify the B.O.W. as a human, is that it will always bleed GREEN blood.

So when we see 'Leon' at the end having green blood on his neck, we know its the B.O.W.

BTW, did anyone actually bother to watch the credits in that game? Shinji Mikami is included as an advisor.

Not saying Gaiden is canon, though... just clearing things up.
                  Mikami was a gameplay adviser only. He had no writing involvement in the series until BH4, really. Him being there doesn't mean much of anything, likewise with Hiroki Kato, who is also listed as an adviser and only wrote Wesker's Report, which is a damn mess. Tetsuro Oyama (writer of BH2 Ex Files) is listed in the Special Thanks section along with Shinsaku Ohara (main series translator, who isn't particularly good).

Comment

Wow Mikami didnt had any writing involment before RE4?

Damn that explains so many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                      Wow Mikami didnt had any writing involment before RE4?

Damn that explains so many things.
                      He didn't want the series to have a story at all. And even with BH4, he wasn't that special, since Haruo Murata wrote the bulk of the details of the story (Separate Ways). http://primeblue.pr.funpic.de/biohazard/writers.html

Comment

Working...
                      X