Wesker's Report (Extended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesker's Report (Extended)

An extended version of the original Wesker's Report was released in 2003 with the BIOHAZARD COLLECTOR'S BOX in a WESKER'S REPORT I&II FILE. Primarily, this version is much more fleshed out and contains even more plot details due to being revised to accommodate the remake and biohazard 0. The first part is extended and explains several things such as the betrayal of Marcus, how Birkin rose to prominence within Umbrella and their relationship with Spencer.

During her undercover work in Umbrella, Ada discovers that a researcher is nearing completion of the G-Virus. Wesker interprets it to be Birkin, since he knows of Birkin's research already. Barry gets mentioned directly in the part about the "underground anti-Umbrella organization". Among other minor additions and alterations.

Here are the scans: http://imgur.com/a/XWvgG

Full translation coming soon.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Thanks for sharing News Bot. You are a legend. Can't wait for the translations.

Comment

I hope this one is indeed fully canon.

Comment

Its practically the same apart from the above changes. Still contains glaring inconsistencies such as Hunk recovering the sample Leon threw away in the lab.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
          Its practically the same apart from the above changes. Still contains glaring inconsistencies such as Hunk recovering the sample Leon threw away in the lab.
          Not to mention the anti-Umbrella crap... the extended version is even more coffin-nailing by explicitly mentioning Barry also being a member, leading straight into Gaiden.

Comment

Now that you mention that... What happend to that sample?

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for posting this, can't wait to read a fully translated version of this.
              Fission mailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                I hope this one is indeed fully canon.
                Is canon until they change it :/.

Comment

We can faithfully say that Wesker's Report is not canon. It is part of the alternative series universe in which the FLAGSHIP novel, drama albums, 4D-EXECUTER and Kato's GAIDEN are contained in. Parts of it however have been picked-and-chosen by the current writers for UC and DC.

This version has many more changes. Kato's original writing used heavy slang (and intoxication), it has now been tidied up and sentences have been removed, added or altered (the part about Alpha Team dying has been removed, since it didn't make a whole lot of sense since only Joseph died).

Comment

1) The original weird slang used by Hiroki Kato when writing the report has been removed and rephrased to sound normal (in actual fact, Kato initially wrote the report "during an alcohol-filled night"). This slang made the initial version of the report extremely difficult to translate without sounding very weird.

2) Wesker and Birkin entered a secret agreement with Spencer to assassinate Marcus, their former teacher.

3) Spencer underestimated Wesker's true abilities.

4) The line about Alpha Team dying has been completely removed, since only Joseph died, so it never made much sense.

5) Wesker was invited by the opposing organization to join them. He intended to use the Tyrant as a "gift".

6) After losing the Tyrant, Wesker chose to make the G-Virus his new "gift" to the opposing organization.

7) While undercover in Umbrella, Ada discovers that a researcher is close to completing the G-Virus. Wesker interprets it to be Birkin, since he knew he was working on it anyway.

8) It's mentioned that Umbrella was working with the U.S. Government. Already known, but is not in the initial report.

9) In the line about Leon joining an anti-Umbrella organization, a bit about him fighting alongside Barry was added, even more obvious reference to BIOHAZARD GAIDEN (which was also written by Hiroki Kato).

In-progress translation:

My name is Albert Wesker.
                    I went to the management training school in Raccoon City, a suburban town in the American Midwest, where I intended to be a researcher at the pharmaceutical company Umbrella. But I met my colleague William Birkin and decided to follow a different path in light of his unusual talent.
                    Before long he became the scientist who shouldered the center of Umbrella, charged with researh on the G-Virus, a further development of the T-Virus, and I conducted a variety of intelligence operations under the guise of Captain of S.T.A.R.S., a Special Forces established by Umbrella in an eager attempt to please Raccoon City.
                    In return for such rewards, we entered into a secret agreement with Lord Ozwell E. Spencer, who was the leader of Umbrella, to betray our former teacher and head of the training school in those days, Dr. James Marcus.
                    Spencer underestimated my true abilities.
                    However, the wrath of God descended.
                    That incident occurred in the mansion on the outskirts of Raccoon City and Umbrella made every effort in the cover-up.
                    With that incident...
                    Last edited by News Bot; 10-23-2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      We can faithfully say that Wesker's Report is not canon. It is part of the alternative series universe in which the FLAGSHIP novel, drama albums, 4D-EXECUTER and Kato's GAIDEN are contained in. Parts of it however have been picked-and-chosen by the current writers for UC and DC.
                      YouTube video:

So the Resident Evil canon is like the Cell saga from Dragon Ball...
                      Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 10-23-2011, 06:19 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Here's a comparison of how different the "extended" report is from the original.

Report (Original)

I originally planned to assume a leadership role as a researcher with Umbrella. A pharmaceutical company also working on the underground development of Bio Organic Weapons. But an encounter with William Birkin at the management training center in Raccoon City made me decide to change the way forward. Because he is superior to me as a researcher.
                        Soon I decided to transfer to S.T.A.R.S., the Special Forces of the Raccoon City police.
                        Umbrella Pharmaceutical has been inserting many people into the police for crisis management of illegal Bio Organic Weapons development.
                        I capitalized on my title as commanding officer for S.T.A.R.S. to conduct all intelligence operations on behalf of Umbrella.
                        I waited for the opportunity to carry out a certain thought over plan.
                        And the opportunity presented itself at last.
                        Wesker's Report (Collector's Box / Archives II)

I went to the management training school in Raccoon City, a suburban town in the American Midwest, where I intended to be a researcher at the pharmaceutical company Umbrella. But I met my colleague William Birkin and decided to follow a different path in light of his unusual talent.
                        Soon he became the scientist who shouldered the heart of Umbrella, charged with research on the G-virus, a further development of the T-virus, and I conducted a variety of intelligence operations under the guise of S.T.A.R.S. Captain, Special Forces established by Umbrella in an eager attempt to please Raccoon City.
                        In return for our rewards, we entered into a secret agreement with Lord Ozwell E. Spencer, who was the leader of Umbrella, to betray our former teacher and head of the training school in those days, Dr. James Marcus.
                        Spencer underestimated my true abilities.
                        However, the wrath of God descended.
                        That incident occurred in the mansion on the outskirts of Raccoon City and Umbrella made every effort in the cover-up.
                        With that incident...
                        Last edited by News Bot; 11-06-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Richard Waugh cannot escape my thoughts no matter which version I'm reading.

Comment

Another preview, of the second part now.

A series of bizarre murders occurred in the forest near the mansion.

The cause of the biohazard was the T-Virus leaking from Umbrella's laboratory in the mansion.

At first they ordered me secretly to stop S.T.A.R.S. from intervening in the incident, but eventually due to the heightened awareness of the citizens, we were forced to mobilize.

Umbrella knew it having felt the sense of danger. They feared that the incident would be exposed to the light of day.

Finally, the following orders came to me: "Lure S.T.A.R.S. to the mansion and kill them. And report the entire situation to headquarters to serve as combat data of the B.O.W.s during actual combat."

Therefore I dispatched Bravo Team to the S-point first.

Just what one would expect from the best among S.T.A.R.S., they bravely fought against the enemy at the cost of their own lives and helped me in collecting combat data.
                            "S-point" pretty much means "starting point", it's a geometry thing. Wesker just used technical language. Fits his personality I suppose.

The S-point is an inflection point resulting from a protruded lateral lobe of ... S-point can be used as the starting point or cystoscopic upper margin of ...
                            EDIT: Little more from later in the report, nothing major.

Two months have gone by since the Mansion Incident.
                            In order to regain a soiled reputation in the new organization I am working for, I've decided to join forces with the female spy Ada who was sent to Umbrella by this organization.
                            According to her information,
                            Last edited by News Bot; 11-10-2011, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                              Now that you mention that... What happend to that sample?
                              didn't HUNK deliver it to Christine Henri in the Paris branch but then that was all we knew?? nothing else about it came out I don't think

Comment

Working...
                              X