Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capcom overprices Revelations because it can.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom overprices Revelations because it can.

http://kotaku.com/5855434/epic-resid...ce-says-capcom

"Resident Evil Revelations is an all new Resident Evil title with over 20 hours of gameplay, and cutscenes beautifully rendered in fear-inducing 3D," a Capcom spokesperson told me in an e-mailed statement. "A true console experience on a handheld device, Resident Evil Revelations is an epic title that offers both a single-player campaign for that classic survival horror gaming experience, and an additional RAID mode that can be played cooperatively or single player. To handle all of that data Resident Evil Revelations requires a 4GB cartridge, resulting in a higher price point."

So an "epic" game that is said to deliver 20 hrs. of game play warrants the extra ten dollars out of all the 3DS titles to date. No peripheral add on or anything.

Makes me really consider whether I want this now or not. After all a game with plenty of content is not a bad thing. But being expected to pay extra for what we've been essentially asking for in a full game really pisses me off. It would be like expecting to pay $70 for a basic copy of RE4 on launch for the Gamecube just because it provides the longest amount of game play in the series and spans over two discs.

i will just watch it on youtube :3

Comment

The reported initial pricing for 3ds games was 50 bucks, then changed to "some will be 40, some will be 50". So, it doesn't really bother me, but I do hope they at least give a better reason outside of "Storage".

~Drake

Comment

Doesnt really bother me.

Comment

So, considering that Mercs 3D was priced at more or less $99.98 AUD - I should be expected to more or less pay $120 AUD for a fucking DS/3DS game?

What a waste of money.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I already have to pay ridiculous prices for games at this point so I can't say it really bothers me. But adding something extra would be nice if you're shelling 10 extra bucks. Like the DVD from the japanese release... Just saying.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I'm okay with this.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

*Shrugs* Are you really surprised at this point, the stuff Capcom does? Nothing left to do but chuckle bitterly at it or not care, nothing to get enraged over since this is very typical of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                  I already have to pay ridiculous prices for games at this point so I can't say it really bothers me. But adding something extra would be nice if you're shelling 10 extra bucks. Like the DVD from the japanese release... Just saying.
                  I agree, the dvd would be nice.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

OH NO A WHOLE EXTRA $10 WHAT WILL WE DO?!

Does that effort that's gone into the game not count for anything then now?

Also - who even pays RRP anyway when games are discounted everywhere?
                    Last edited by Stu; 11-02-2011, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Looks like Capcom's experimenting alot with their 3DS games - No save erasing on mercs. Extra cost of revelations.

It's almost like they're testing people just to see what they'll put up with...
                      sigpic

Comment

The price will probaly drop after a while. But I can see that if the game doesn't sell what's expected Capcom will blame on the fact it's a horror game and people don't want horror anymore, nevermind the higher price and the fact it's on a handheld.

Comment

I already pay $50 for most new video games, I don't see why this is any different? Every 3DS/DS game I've ever played have been well worth the money, and just as entertaining as any console game, so a $10 price hike isn't too big of a deal for me...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                            The price will probaly drop after a while. But I can see that if the game doesn't sell what's expected Capcom will blame on the fact it's a horror game and people don't want horror anymore, nevermind the higher price and the fact it's on a handheld.
                            That is pretty much what I was thinking; just give it about six months and it will probably be in the $39.99 range. Secondly, the Target in my area tends to put new releases on sale not too long after the game comes out. If I usually wait about three weeks after a release, I can expect to get about $10-$20 off.

Originally posted by PracticalAl
                            I already pay $50 for most new video games, I don't see why this is any different? Every 3DS/DS game I've ever played have been well worth the money, and just as entertaining as any console game, so a $10 price hike isn't too big of a deal for me...
                            See, I'm a bit different when it comes to DS games. I truthfully believe that a handheld game should never exceed $40; if it is some sort of special edition or something is included that isn't normal to the system, then yes, I understand a bit more money. I paid $40 for Mercenaries, and yes, the quality is good, but the graphics/sound/et cetera feels like it should be around $40. When we get into the $50-$60 tier of games, I am basically expecting something of PS3/XBOX 360 quality. I actually find Wii games a bit steep at $50 (but this again depends on the game and if it comes with anything).

Am I shocked that Capcom would try this? No, not really. A lot of people complain now that it is too expensive, but Capcom will carrot you in some way. I get so sick of hearing people complain about simple marketing strategy. If you believe something is too expensive for what it is, do not buy it. This is the best way you can essentially "stick it to Capcom" is to not buy their products; however, if some interesting footage or a free mini action figure makes you buy this at $50, then the marketing team has done there job successfully regardless of your feelings.

Corporations only care when it affects them. If you do not like the practices of the corporation, do not support it.
                            Last edited by Xander Ashford; 11-02-2011, 10:07 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh bitch bitch bitch.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X