Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil racing at Speed Demos Archive/Speedrunslive - a pickup thread

Sup guys.

I'm going to be crossposting this at as many RE forums/BBSes as I can, for the record; if you know of any other active RE forums that I might be able to do so, please let me know.

Rather kill two birds with one stone and make my introductory post here instead, since I actually have something to say that is pertinent.

Some of you might be familiar with who I am; I'm an RE speedrunner on YouTube (http://youtube.com/carc1n0g3n). I've been idling at a site called speedrunslive.com lately. There, they race all sorts of video games, mostly Nintendo titles though.

I've pulled together some guys in a skype chat to race RE games with me, since not a lot of people at SRL race RE games, and it's obviously a fun idea. Even if you're not good at it, you should join in and race! There's more fun in numbers, and the more you race, the better you'll get at it, I guarantee you.

Right now, we're racing the PC versions of Biohazard 2 (Japanese SourceNext port for Windows XP) and Resident Evil 3. I chose the PC versions because anyone can use them really, and there won't be any stupid discrepancies like load times and different consoles. We'll also be racing the GCN version of REmake (60Hz mode only please!) at some point too.

Interested? This is what you should do:

1) Add me on Skype. My username is carcinogen.sda. While I'm gathering more participants, you should add me on Skype and idle/participate in the IM chat there.

2) Go here:

click 'join the channel', and use this list of commands for racing:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Alternatively, if you have an IRC client (highly recommend Icechat), you can also join #speedrunslive and #biohazard at irc.speeddemosarchive.com:6667.

If you have a capture card and stream, that is a plus, but not necessary unless you're getting suspicious times and I want to see how you're playing the game. I can help with pretty much anything, so don't be afraid to ask.

-C
Working...
X